Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by This View Post
    Is there really a problem with a woman wearing a pair of shorts on the big screen in 2013?

Am I now expected to cringe and scream turn it off! TURN IT OFF !when
    Lana Turner appears in The Postman Always Rings Twice wearing shorts??

Or is this society of sophisticated prudes something new?
    The shorts aren't the problem, I think the top is. In the old show Lynda hung upsidedown in it and I spent weeks trying to figure out how she kept it on. The modern action sequences for a superhero movie are a lot more detailed than they were back then and I can't see an actress doing a double back flip or cartwheel into a spinning heel kick and still keep the top on.

At least its not like the intended costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    Yes.

These illustrators need to study fabrics before they keep going that route. Even wool is better than that.

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    The shorts aren't the problem, I think the top is. In the old show Lynda hung upsidedown in it and I spent weeks trying to figure out how she kept it on. The modern action sequences for a superhero movie are a lot more detailed than they were back then and I can't see an actress doing a double back flip or cartwheel into a spinning heel kick and still keep the top on.

1. It is most likely a corset. Not a true one, but I would not be surprised if the top had some boning.

2. The scene kept cutting away. It goes back and forth between Diana and the man she is working with. Odds are pretty high that they had to adjust a few times during the takes.

I think that people assume that since folks complain about strapless tops that they can't stay on at all. They can stay on for a bit. If they couldn't you would not see women wearing them at all, but they would not be able to realistically stand up to the amount of activity you would see with Wonder Woman. Sooner or later it would fall. I can't imagine that any warrior would bother wearing something so impractical. She would honestly be better off topless than wearing something that she would have to adjust.
    Last edited by Mecegirl; 01-07-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Green Lantern's was made out of cartoon. We're really still having trouble trying to imagine costume logistics?

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

So cgi the costume? It looked off in the Green lantern movie. Meanwhile the new Superman costume looks pretty good on the actor.

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    This is the costume they should follow
    Awesome pic! It's both iconic and plausible for live action. I'd definitely go along with that if the New 52 look is too tricky to do.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post

1. It is most likely a corset. Not a true one, but I would not be surprised if the top had some boning.

2. The scene kept cutting away. It goes back and forth between Diana and the man she is working with. Odds are pretty high that they had to adjust a few times during the takes.

I think that people assume that since folks complain about strapless tops that they can't stay on at all. They can stay on for a bit. If they couldn't you would not see women wearing them at all, but they would not be able to realistically stand up to the amount of activity you would see with Wonder Woman. Sooner or later it would fall. I can't imagine that any warrior would bother wearing something so impractical. She would honestly be better off topless than wearing something that she would have to adjust.
    I was too young to appreciate the true magic of film editing back then :) I think my final conclusion was some sort of super glue.

If a WW movie is made, it should be the new 52 costume to have more synergy between the comics and movies.
    Last edited by tunneler; 01-08-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Just to complement, the top never fell with Lynda, but it happened once with her stunt double Jeannie Epper.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

I don't understand why many posters here are worried if the top will stay on or not. They made it work in the tv series, and if the top did fall off, of course we are not going to be privy to see it. It's called editing and I am sure they will do as many takes as necessary to get the right shot.

I, for one, am not worried about whatever actress they choose to wear the classic outfit and whether the top will fall off or not. Who cares if it is realistic! We read about a unrealistic comic book hero that wears an unrealistic costume and most of us like it.

So again, for those that seem to think we have to get some realistic version of the costume because they fear the actress top won't stay on--why are you so worried?

What if it seems as if she's about to have a wardrobe malfunction every major action scene, and it becomes a point that reviewers pick on unrelentingly?
    Last edited by althechi; 01-08-2013 at 06:25 AM. Reason: typo
    If hard work is not another name for talent, it is the best possible substitute for it.
    - James Garfield

I really think she should keep the current one, I really would hate to see her changed for the movie, either that or the skirt one would be ok, i guess, but the current one (the regular one) is by far the best.

Well I just hope they have her wear the red boots because the blue blends in, if they do the new 52. Well, I want to see the classical costume. I always want to see the more Greek based costume on wonder woman. I hope the amazons will be more perez and marston based because there amazons had more based on greek clothes then New 52. I mean the amazons play just as much of a role if they do if they do a wonder woman movie

They could use this one.

Quote Originally Posted by althechi View Post
    What if it seems as if she's about to have a wardrobe malfunction every major action scene, and it becomes a point that reviewers pick on unrelentingly?
    How would the reviewers know that she has had a wardrobe malfunction? If you see the finished product, there is no way of knowing that. We only know in interviews that the stuntwoman for Lynda had a wardrobe malfunction, but not Lynda herself.