Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    I would have to totally disagree with you here. Even knowing the budget may have been small, that costume was absolutely horrid. It was as many have said, something out of a halloween USA store would sell. And even then, it was cheap looking
    The costume looks cheap but if you listen to the explanation of the costume in the show the I say they did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    You lie the captain america costume for the avengers movie looked terrible.
    The uniforms themselves were fine to me, but the masks...*shudders*

Yes.

But it would be harder to make it look good and acceptable. Using the warrior type would be more successful assured.
    Last edited by Don-Jack; 01-07-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafanboy View Post
    Totally, totally agree. Something retro-cool like this Greek battle armor would work sooooooo much better for a general non-comic audience. We'll soon know the costume for the JL film, which should begin shooting probably this summer or fall. I also prefer her color be silver (except for the golden lasso). Like it or not, they have to make WW fierce if they want to build a successful film franchise around her.
    Interestingly, your point about a "non-comic audience" seems to be the opposite of what I've observed. I think since the non-comic audience has a more limited idea of WW (usually from the old TV show, or cartoon) that they expect the costume to be like what they know in some way. When the images from that horrid WW pilot were "sneeked", a lot of the non-comic audience didn't get why she looked so different (and had pants)-- they wanted the "classic" look. It was the comic base that was more open to change, since things like costumes evolve, change (sometimes for the owrse) and change back...

Personally I think it would have to be something like the classic costume. Sure, you could do it in plated leather with a metal eagle or something so it didn't look like stripper vinyl and spray painted plastic was used, but I think it needs to be as classicaly "WW" as possible ...

M

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder39 View Post
    Interestingly, your point about a "non-comic audience" seems to be the opposite of what I've observed. I think since the non-comic audience has a more limited idea of WW (usually from the old TV show, or cartoon) that they expect the costume to be like what they know in some way. When the images from that horrid WW pilot were "sneeked", a lot of the non-comic audience didn't get why she looked so different (and had pants)-- they wanted the "classic" look. It was the comic base that was more open to change, since things like costumes evolve, change (sometimes for the owrse) and change back...

Personally I think it would have to be something like the classic costume. Sure, you could do it in plated leather with a metal eagle or something so it didn't look like stripper vinyl and spray painted plastic was used, but I think it needs to be as classicaly "WW" as possible ...

M
    The non comic audience (and most everyone else, including me) hated that leaked first pic because it was hideous. Those powder blue pants, the rubber metal, the overdone makeup. Everything. Had it been fierce, people would've felt differently. Actually I've heard non comic folks snicker at the Lynda Carter classic costume.

The curious one.

The main problem is logistics. What will stay on in a drawing will not stay on in an actual battle sequence. Not the modern ones. You have a costume that matches the standard look but will actually be practical.

I hope they give just as much thought for the amazons outfits.As well as get rid of Sex Pirates. Do we know anything on P.I? IS Diana and the Amazons going to be made out of clay.

Here are some ideas for the amazons

Of Course not. Very few heroes costumes/looks have not been changed in modern films.Wolverine isnt sporting the yellow and blue. Spider Man had his outfit tweaked, and so did Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder39 View Post
    Interestingly, your point about a "non-comic audience" seems to be the opposite of what I've observed. I think since the non-comic audience has a more limited idea of WW (usually from the old TV show, or cartoon) that they expect the costume to be like what they know in some way.
    In some way...
    Which is not in any way at all "almost exactly like".
    All versions of the costume are 'in some way' like Lynda Carter's version, including the New 52 one.
    The "non-comic audience" has seen both The Dark Knight trilogy, various Batman cartoons, and the Adam West series, and is probably a whole lot more tolerant of costume variations than the average Wonder Woman fan.

When the images from that horrid WW pilot were "sneeked", a lot of the non-comic audience didn't get why she looked so different (and had pants)-- they wanted the "classic" look. It was the comic base that was more open to change, since things like costumes evolve, change (sometimes for the owrse) and change back...
    I recall the comic base being all up in arms about it, with the non-comic audience mostly apathetic about the entire project.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

If they radically change the outfit from the classical one (post Perez till before nu52), then it will simply not be Wonder Woman. It is an iconic outfit, so they had better spend some money to get the costume right. Whether that means some kind of leather, more muted colors or some such, then so be it. But it cannot be that far off the classic, or else it will just be Wonder Woman in name only.

Honestly, superheros are their costumes to some extent. What would Superman or Spiderman be without their costumes, especially on the big screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    The main problem is logistics. What will stay on in a drawing will not stay on in an actual battle sequence. Not the modern ones. You have a costume that matches the standard look but will actually be practical.
    This.
    No modern actress is going to do a big budget action movie in an outfit that has her boobs pop out twice per take.
    Nor is any proper director going to put up with a comic-book accurate costume that causes so many good takes to be ruined.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    This.
    No modern actress is going to do a big budget action movie in an outfit that has her boobs pop out twice per take.
    Nor is any proper director going to put up with a comic-book accurate costume that causes so many good takes to be ruined.
    I have to disagree. Look at a Beyonce video, she shows just as much skin. Halle Berry wore that ridiculous Catwoman outfit. If you can convince actor of your vision of the movie, they will wear what you want them to. I am not saying that we should get a thong version of the WW costume, but something that fits more like a ballet dancer out fit with a bit more cleavage would be accepting by many up and coming actress. Which is probably what they are going to end up with anyway.That being said I think the costume should be changed period.

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    I have to disagree. Look at a Beyonce video, she shows just as much skin. Halle Berry wore that ridiculous Catwoman outfit. If you can convince actor of your vision of the movie, they will wear what you want them to. I am not saying that we should get a thong version of the WW costume, but something that fits more like a ballet dancer out fit with a bit more cleavage would be accepting by many up and coming actress. Which is probably what they are going to end up with anyway.That being said I think the costume should be changed period.
    I don't think you really read my post very well.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    This.
    The uniform needs to be pratical and realistic. Like the thong and corset,it can work in comic books but in a movie it can be hard for the actress, not work in the context of the movie and not being realistic.

Is there really a problem with a woman wearing a pair of shorts on the big screen in 2013?

Am I now expected to cringe and scream turn it off! TURN IT OFF !when
    Lana Turner appears in The Postman Always Rings Twice wearing shorts??

Or is this society of sophisticated prudes something new?