BANNED

Default Could we please have a Green Lantern Forum?

Hi mods, I'm new here so I'm not sure how things work. But I was wondering if we could have a forum for the Green Lantern comics like we do for the Batman and Superman comics.

In the past few years the Green Lantern comics have been very popular, and they have multiple comics in the franchise. I am confused why Wonder Woman has it's own forum when every Green Lantern is outselling the sole Wonder Woman comic. Administrators could you please give Green Lantern there own forum?
    Last edited by Knightbuster; 01-06-2013 at 06:41 PM.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

Sales don't reflect popularity of discussion in CBR.Just look at Wolverine, he has several title and appearances but there aren't many threads about him.

It's so easy to get a board if there are a lot of people who care enough to talk and make threads about them.Even Wonder Woman who only has one title can hold her own board.People just don't care enough about talking about GL despite having several GL titles.The Fantastic 4 can hold their own boards since they have decades of continuity and a long on-going title.There aren't many people who want to talk about them though.

They tried it. Didn't do very well.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Is till don't see how having multiple forums is an issue. It's not like they got to pay for the landscape

There was a forum before the movie and TV series came out. I found it easier to discuss things when I could find GL related threads. It's why I don't bother with the CBR comics forums much anymore, the only stuff I care about gets buried pages back in too much of a jumbled mess.

And it's not like there were never days where GL didn't have more viewers than Superman or pre52 Wonder Woman but you can't cut Superman and Gail Simone herself had asked for the WW forum (which is now sustained by people arguing over which WW version is best)

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    Even Wonder Woman who only has one title can hold her own board
    With fascinating and deep discussions as "pants or no pants" or again "Is Wonder Woman Ever Going to Get Laid?".

We tried a GL board several times and each time the amount of traffic and interest just doesn't work out.

I was also curious about this, so I appreciate the op's question. Has the GL forum been attempted since the new 52?

Admittedly, I wouldn't post everyday....but I collect most gl titles and I tend to read them together so one place to see others thoughts would be nice. I could be biased. I just read all of rise of third army at once.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLawyer View Post
    I was also curious about this, so I appreciate the op's question. Has the GL forum been attempted since the new 52?

Admittedly, I wouldn't post everyday....but I collect most gl titles and I tend to read them together so one place to see others thoughts would be nice. I could be biased. I just read all of rise of third army at once.
    We tried it not long ago. When GL was really at its peak in popularity - Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night & the Ryan Reynolds movie. But it just didn't have enough traffic to warrant its own forum.

Yeah, the threads were dying on that board. It was usually a discussion about a person's preferred human lantern, or else survival game after survival game of who wore a Red/Blue/Yellow ring.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.