Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superior Spider-Man And Deadpool..

Like anyone else, I'm going to check out Superior #1 for the twist that Slott has offered. But if the twist isn't enough to keep me reading, then I'm done for the next two years.

I've stated before that I dont find Otto interesting as a character for long-term stories. He works best in short bursts. And I've also said I'm not fond of this storyline.

BUT... if you're gonna do a sales grab storyline like this, might as well all out with the replacement Spidey. To me, Otto is not redeemable character-wise, he did kill Captain Stacy.

As far as irredeemable sociopaths go, Deadpool to me would be a better Superior Spidey. He at least is entertaining to read when written right. He is Spider-man on Red Kryptonite f you think about it.

I know a lot of people feel Deadpool is massively overexposed ala Wolverine. He just needs the right writer behind him like Joe Kelly or Dan Slott regardless of his current snafu of a storyline.

Otto to me is very bland and monotonous where Deadpool is twisted and humorous. To see his interactions with the marvel universe and spidey's cast would be a comedic goldmine.

Would anyone else prefer Wade Wilson as Superior Spidey over Otto?

Uh...no. Definitely not. He's a killer, isn't he? Also, very annoying...

IDK where you get this "irredeemable" stuff from.

Wade has done good work on X-Force... lots of good work actually. He may have been that groups moral center. And he did it for free.

In his own book he is working for/helping SHIELD.

Now part of General Ross's (aka ex Avengers) team.

Wade does a lot of good... really isn't a mercenary anymore.

I would like to see Marvel get rid of his skin condition by curing it once and for all. I could see Deadpool become more like WildCATS Grifter(Cole Cash)!!! And I say that they should bring back Vanessa(Copycat) into his life once again as a Mutant High Lord. In turn, Vanessa could don the Iron-Spider costume.

I thought he did get cured?
    "And in a few years, some rebellious little kid is going to turn up at your school with me on his t-shirt. 'Cyclops was right.'"

Quote Originally Posted by OrpheusTelos View Post
    I thought he did get cured?
    Yeah. But Marvel screwed up yet again with Wade's appearance because the writers got bored. They did the same thing with Sharon when they made her into the She-Thing for no apparent reason. She was cured, and then they had Dr. Doom indirectly mutate her yet again and stopped using Sharon afterwards. I like Sharon better in her human form than as a She-Thing. They made her into the She-Thing because they didn't know what to do with her character.

Quote Originally Posted by PublicImageLtd View Post
    Would anyone else prefer Wade Wilson as Superior Spidey over Otto?
    For me? No.

I myself don't care for Deadpool.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    Uh...no. Definitely not. He's a killer, isn't he?

To be fair, so is Otto, probably more so. But to answer the OPs question, nah, I'd much rather see what is going on now than a Deadpool SSM.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

I like Deadpool, but I'd rather him stay Deadpool. I'm also not a big fan of Ock though. I think I'd rather a more thuggish character getting zapped into Peter's body. Maybe Juggernaut, or Shocker.

@DCB - I was actually just taking the offensive in case people said that he was irredeemable of a character as Ock. I just meant that if you're going to have a irredeemable villain in a hero's body, that deadpool would be the most interesting one.

I love Deadpool as much of anyone, but despite the good work he's accomplished, innocent people were still killed. But his motive was for money whereas Ock is just straight up villainous.

I've never found Ock that interesting even when a good writer is using him. I always think of this when reading an Ock story -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItmkZ4tbDWc

If it was the Chameleon, I could almost buy the concept. He has never been a straight up murderer more of someone who serves his own interests. And murders when there is no other recourse. Plus, he is the first villain that fought Spidey. If anyone can do a successful impersonation of Pete, it's him. I can see the possibility of redemption with him.

But otherwise, Deadpool as Spidey would be an interesting ride to be sure..

Quote Originally Posted by PublicImageLtd View Post
    @DCB - I was actually just taking the offensive in case people said that he was irredeemable of a character as Ock. I just meant that if you're going to have a irredeemable villain in a hero's body, that deadpool would be the most interesting one.

I love Deadpool as much of anyone, but despite the good work he's accomplished, innocent people were still killed. But his motive was for money whereas Ock is just straight up villainous.

I've never found Ock that interesting even when a good writer is using him. I always think of this when reading an Ock story -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItmkZ4tbDWc

If it was the Chameleon, I could almost buy the concept. He has never been a straight up murderer more of someone who serves his own interests. And murders when there is no other recourse. Plus, he is the first villain that fought Spidey. If anyone can do a successful impersonation of Pete, it's him. I can see the possibility of redemption with him.

But otherwise, Deadpool as Spidey would be an interesting ride to be sure..
    Wasn't he dissolving people in acid a year or two ago?
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Yeah. But Marvel screwed up yet again with Wade's appearance because the writers got bored. They did the same thing with Sharon when they made her into the She-Thing for no apparent reason. She was cured, and then they had Dr. Doom indirectly mutate her yet again and stopped using Sharon afterwards. I like Sharon better in her human form than as a She-Thing. They made her into the She-Thing because they didn't know what to do with her character.
    They didn't screw it up, the cure didn't work, which is why his healing factor works. Plus at the end of his previous series, his face was basically mangled again even before he found out about the healing factor 'cure' not working.

Quote Originally Posted by bjtrdff View Post
    They didn't screw it up, the cure didn't work, which is why his healing factor works. Plus at the end of his previous series, his face was basically mangled again even before he found out about the healing factor 'cure' not working.
    When I mean screwed up, I mean that they reverted his appearance back to the disfigured form again. I wondered whose bright idea was to make Deadpool this way in the first place during the 1990's? They might as well make Peter Parker that way as well.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

I am so thankful they went with Ock and not trying Deadpool. To me that have alot more interesting options with Ock then Deadpool.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

The concept of Superior Spider-Man (as far as I can see), is putting Spidey's arch nemesis in his head, and along the way finding that they are pretty similar. It's not about putting a kewl 90's anti hero behind the reins. That would definitely get me to skip the book, without question.
    Last edited by Lars C; 01-06-2013 at 10:04 PM.