Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    Agreed. Smart and handsome though...like Denzel, David Bowie, and Taye Diggs (also capricoens...)
    Oh no doubt handsome.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Happy Birthday greetings to brother marvell2100.

May your day be filled with peace, happenings and the company of close family and friends.

Remain blessed always my brother.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

Handsome is such an embellished word...

Anywho...

now where was I?

Oh yeah... jabu46 DUH... There is nothing wrong with having iconic famous black entertainers or leaders in a book featuring a black male lead because sometimes President Obama, Jay Z or Will Smith show up at places that just happen to be predominantly black.

Million Man March

BET awards shows

Freaknik

And Choiych (That's church by the way)

Now let's focus on that embellishment controversy a quick minute...

#1 - I did run into Hudlin the night before Thanksgiving last year at Ralphs grocery store in Sherman Oaks, CA which was right across the street from where I used to live before moving to this embellished home with the huge swimming pool. And if I recall correctly it was less than 15 minutes after I was defending him on this forum inside the Black Panther thread so since it relates to Black Panther directly... Embellishment Approved.

#2 - I am married to an African Queen (A reverse coming to America... She found her king and spoils the mess out of him too) who happens to be an academic person of excellence in a self driven polymathic way. She is a two time aerobic champ which means that her body fat % is super hero sound for primary colored spandex wearing crime fighting with tight abs to match. So technically I married "Africa" and since Black Panther and Storm are Africans too... Embellishment Approved.

#3 - I am a certified personal trainer that wears super hero shirts (Black Panther all day baby) when I train clients some of whom have worked on the very comic book movies you enjoy. Suppose a client/friend worked on the animation of say The Princess and The Frog also did my own comic book logo would that be bragging if I brought it up as it relates to black character depictions by Disney which owns Marvel which owns Black Panther? What if I run into Kevin Grevioux again at a comic shop I show up at that also others in the industry attend? That's fair game... Embellishment Approved.

#4 - If I posted live from Comic-con about the Black Panel which featured Black Panther as a topic of discussion as well as it's current/former writer Hudlin or later boycotted going to it last year over the treatment of Black Panther is that too embellishing? It's not bragging if you spend the dollars, showed up and then walked away with a gleeful son teaming with Halo reach toys... Embellishment Aprroved.

#5 - I'm a genius level intellectual with detailed knowledge of exercise physiology and biomechanics on a subatomic molecular fat burning level. For a fee I can get you and your moms in "Peak Human" shape so that you look spectacular in your onsie and matching billowy cape. Black Panther is an athlete I am an also an athlete... Black Panther is an MMA expert I am well "so so" according to my world champion MMA coach who actually wears comic book t-shirts when he trains me and slaps me around but that's beside the point FRAK him and his choke holds... I am also cocky, slightly arrogant, subconsciously narcissistic and behind the curtains a pseudo black militant... Basically I'm Black Panther off the panel and in dolby surround sound 3D... I also think my Black Panther fan fiction is better than most paid writers out there but that is a matter of opinion... Embellishment Approved.

Now as far as you, you seem to have problems with certain black men having their cake, eating it too and then overthrowing the kitchen to get more pies, snacks and fruit punch flavored Kool-aid and leaving crumbs all over the internet forum!

It's okay in time you will grow use to my borderline super villain type rants of excessive grandeur (Storm warned me about that long ago) and then you will see Black Panther through the same eyes I see him through and lose your mind in World War Wakanda!

I almost forgot...

#6 - I also speak "BOSS" a language spoken by Black Panther and fellow Wakandites who are undefeated in war, marriage (He annulled first) and dealing with haters of such glorious Mary Sue ownage on panel and off... Embellishment way over the top but Approved!

Hip Hop Harvard Hudlin... Believe it... Achieve it!

Carry on...
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Happy Birthday greetings to brother marvell2100.

May your day be filled with peace, happenings and the company of close family and friends.

Remain blessed always my brother.
    Thanks BCB! I'm not going to deal with any Filthy Cities today(i.e. Unfans in other threads or this one). Just enjoying what Hickman is doing on FF so far and talking BP with the Brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    You dare defy my handsomeness? I say thee nay most skilled warrior! Forsooth I am as handsome as the lion who stalks his prey! I am as handsome as the tiger who strikes fear with his awesome image! I have the handsomeness of a great black panther who has just gained his revenge on some uppity guppy in a speedo who has the audacity to think he's a bird because he has grown wings!! I am all these things and more!

Carry on good sir!

I wasn't talking about you Marvell especially not with that Leon avatar ready to put several caps in a brotha as he tries to flee the forum ducking for cover!

"For... Matilda..."

BOOM!

I wasn't talking about you Marvell especially not with that Leon avatar ready to put several caps in a brotha as he tries to flee the forum ducking for cover!

"For... Matilda..."

BOOM!
    It's all good Flex. I was having a good time and channelling my inner FLEX.

Channelling your inner Flex is a five dollar charge... But since it is your birthday it's half off.

$2.50

Just put in the jar on the counter at Umba's Kiosk I'm watching it like a steward waiting for his return!

Anywho...

now where was I?

Oh yeah... jabu46 DUH... There is nothing wrong with having iconic famous black entertainers or leaders in a book featuring a black male lead because sometimes President Obama, Jay Z or Will Smith show up at places that just happen to be predominantly black.

Million Man March

BET awards shows

Freaknik

And Choiych (That's church by the way)

Now let's focus on that embellishment controversy a quick minute...

#1 - I did run into Hudlin the night before Thanksgiving last year at Ralphs grocery store in Sherman Oaks, CA which was right across the street from where I used to live before moving to this embellished home with the huge swimming pool. And if I recall correctly it was less than 15 minutes after I was defending him on this forum inside the Black Panther thread so since it relates to Black Panther directly... Embellishment Approved.

#2 - I am married to an African Queen (A reverse coming to America... She found her king and spoils the mess out of him too) who happens to be an academic person of excellence in a self driven polymathic way. She is a two time aerobic champ which means that her body fat % is super hero sound for primary colored spandex wearing crime fighting with tight abs to match. So technically I married "Africa" and since Black Panther and Storm are Africans too... Embellishment Approved.

#3 - I am a certified personal trainer that wears super hero shirts (Black Panther all day baby) when I train clients some of whom have worked on the very comic book movies you enjoy. Suppose a client/friend worked on the animation of say The Princess and The Frog also did my own comic book logo would that be bragging if I brought it up as it relates to black character depictions by Disney which owns Marvel which owns Black Panther? What if I run into Kevin Grevioux again at a comic shop I show up at that also others in the industry attend? That's fair game... Embellishment Approved.

#4 - If I posted live from Comic-con about the Black Panel which featured Black Panther as a topic of discussion as well as it's current/former writer Hudlin or later boycotted going to it last year over the treatment of Black Panther is that too embellishing? It's not bragging if you spend the dollars, showed up and then walked away with a gleeful son teaming with Halo reach toys... Embellishment Aprroved.

#5 - I'm a genius level intellectual with detailed knowledge of exercise physiology and biomechanics on a subatomic molecular fat burning level. For a fee I can get you and your moms in "Peak Human" shape so that you look spectacular in your onsie and matching billowy cape. Black Panther is an athlete I am an also an athlete... Black Panther is an MMA expert I am well "so so" according to my world champion MMA coach who actually wears comic book t-shirts when he trains me and slaps me around but that's beside the point FRAK him and his choke holds... I am also cocky, slightly arrogant, subconsciously narcissistic and behind the curtains a pseudo black militant... Basically I'm Black Panther off the panel and in dolby surround sound 3D... I also think my Black Panther fan fiction is better than most paid writers out there but that is a matter of opinion... Embellishment Approved.

Now as far as you, you seem to have problems with certain black men having their cake, eating it too and then overthrowing the kitchen to get more pies, snacks and fruit punch flavored Kool-aid and leaving crumbs all over the internet forum!

It's okay in time you will grow use to my borderline super villain type rants of excessive grandeur (Storm warned me about that long ago) and then you will see Black Panther through the same eyes I see him through and lose your mind in World War Wakanda!

I almost forgot...

#6 - I also speak "BOSS" a language spoken by Black Panther and fellow Wakandites who are undefeated in war, marriage (He annulled first) and dealing with haters of such glorious Mary Sue ownage on panel and off... Embellishment way over the top but Approved!

Hip Hop Harvard Hudlin... Believe it... Achieve it!

Carry on...
    Custard pies thrown!!!
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Get your hands off my twinkles... You know they went out of business so I'm rationing them as I TROLL!

I hate when junk food goes out of style because that means less clients for me!

I'm like a dentist passing out candy because more cavities means more dollars!

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Is hudlin getting enough juice from d'jango that he may have secured a look see from the mouse at being involved with a black panther movie?

Is hudlin getting so much flack from d'jango unchained racial "controversies" that it precludes him from the mouse giving him a look see with a black panther movie.

In other news and embellished highlights...

Reginald Hudlin nominated for Academy Award!

Django Unchained... Best picture!

Congratulations Big Bro!

Hip Hop Harvard Hudlin!

Channelling your inner Flex is a five dollar charge... But since it is your birthday it's half off.

$2.50

Just put in the jar on the counter at Umba's Kiosk I'm watching it like a steward waiting for his return!
    How much if I channel just 1/8th of my inner FLEX?

I read where Hudlin says he's got some other comic related things he's working on. I wonder if he's going to do creator owned or if he has any characters for the big two in mind.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    How is it calling her an idiot to tell her to live up to her potential when she isn't living up to her potential. I'd say it's more of him telling her that she can do better than this. She was leading the Avengers and taking on the the Skrulls, Olympians, Nebula and the Masters of Evil. Whether you agree with how he said it is irrelevant because what he said was true.
    Except that she did live up to her potential when she first appeared.

The problem now, isn't that she's been jobbed out like say, Sentry. The problem is that no writer is using her. And Black Panther's comment does nothing in that regard, but make her look stupid for that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Except that she did live up to her potential when she first appeared.

The problem now, isn't that she's been jobbed out like say, Sentry. The problem is that no writer is using her. And Black Panther's comment does nothing in that regard, but make her look stupid for that fact.
    And that's exactly why Hudlin made the comment that he did. The writer(s) isn't using her properly now. Why is a writer wasting her abilities like that when she's shown she is capable of far more? His comment doesn't make Monica look stupid but the writer and Marvel itself for wasting her time and talents. That's all on Marvel. Not BP or Hudlin.

This song is dedicated to the man who just earned an Academy Award nomination so turn it up loud at your job so that all your co-workers will know that you are a certified hardcore Wakandan!

Hip Hop Harvard Hudlin!

Women may lie men may try but the numbers don't lie
    Haters are gonna hate so why my brother won't I
    The most lucrative run on Black Panther story arcs
    Haters rant and rave and leave out the glory parts
    I relish to embellish on whether or not it's plain jealous
    Of who can tell it then sell it and get props from the fellas
    I could give four phucks for the haters that spit more bucks
    Aw shucks... Hudlin is wildin' out an Academy Award tux
    Real recognizes real even if it is pure fake fantasy
    Fanbratti is ranting hard now they all up and mad at me
    All I did was give props where props was long overdue
    The final numbers are all in so it's all over for you
    Racist? Who do you think he is Khalid Muhammad?
    You cats is barking like dogs now return to your vomit
    Who increased the fans holla for Black Panther named T'challa
    When all other architects had the baddest cat on tightened collar
    Conflicted when depicted in Hell's Kitchen he was restricted
    Deconstructed, corrupted still the haters sat back and kicked it
    Big Plans? Hudlin had already fulfilled that and then some
    Movie plans on ice well you lose some and you win some
    Django Unchained! You haters are all sick in the brain
    Dollars are falling from the heavens so go sit in the rain
    It's a big "Storm" brewing the haters are still Storm stewing
    Haters are running scared even when no one is pursuing
    The champagne from the bottle is fizzling but hardly bubblin'
    A toast to the man of the hour... Hip Hop Harvard Hudlin!

Reginald Hudlin is the fourth African American to get nominated for Best Picture behind Quincy Jones (The Color Purple), Lee Daniels (Precious) and Broderick Johnson (The Blind Side).

If Marvel does not have him working on the Black Panther movie instead of documentary people with lame premises then it is what it is!

In the event of an Academy upset Tarantino don't hog the mic with thank you's for all your baby's mommas let Hudlin represent at the podium and speak for this film before the credits roll you off the stage!