Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    Thanks for the help!
    No problem!
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

Another video on Hudlin which I think further shows his genius as far as marketing and his ability to appeal to many types of fans despite critics claiming that he alienated certain segments...

http://blacksuperherodoc.com/?p=353

Hearing his words sheds even more light on what his true intentions were with Black Panther!
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Another video on Hudlin which I think further shows his genius as far as marketing and his ability to appeal to many types of fans despite critics claiming that he alienated certain segments...

http://blacksuperherodoc.com/?p=353

Hearing his words sheds even more light on what his true intentions were with Black Panther!

Isn't that the same documentary where McDuffie mentioned the Rule of Three, and how "a certain segment" of comic reading community has strict double standards when it comes to amazing feats of black characters?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Except, ya know, making her look like an idiot.

To say it's meta-commentary on how underused Photon is excuses nothing. Photon isn't a diva actress trying to get back into the limelight, she's a property of Marvel. Her underuse isn't because of actor conflicts, it's because no writer is using her. So the commenatry is much like how people will ask Batman again and again why doesn't he kill Joker, when we all know the real reason is that Joker is a copy righted character that can never die as long as he enjoys the level of popularity that he does. But in asking the question, it makes Batman look like a tool who puts his own peace of mind above the safety of Gotham.

And again, break the scene down. It's T'Challa...telling Photon...to use sunlight against vampires. How is anyone supposed to like a character who isn't smart enough to use her own powers that creatively? He might as well reveal to her that two plus two equals four.
    How is it calling her an idiot to tell her to live up to her potential when she isn't living up to her potential. I'd say it's more of him telling her that she can do better than this. She was leading the Avengers and taking on the the Skrulls, Olympians, Nebula and the Masters of Evil. Whether you agree with how he said it is irrelevant because what he said was true.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Maybe because Cap would have said something inspirational instead of "Stop being an idiot"?

Just a thought.
    I've read that particular issue on more than one occasion but can't seem to find "stop being an idiot" anywhere in the script.
    Somedays, I'm quite the humanitarian.

No More Mutants

You failed before you even came at me funny style

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    The thing that makes me sad about that scan is, I can hear more love in his words to Photon than I can remember him ever sharing with Storm. And I don't care how anyone feels about that.
    As Genki Sudo pointed out, you obviously haven't been reading the right books then have you.

No More Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    How is it calling her an idiot to tell her to live up to her potential when she isn't living up to her potential. I'd say it's more of him telling her that she can do better than this. She was leading the Avengers and taking on the the Skrulls, Olympians, Nebula and the Masters of Evil. Whether you agree with how he said it is irrelevant because what he said was true.
    I don't ebven know why any of you are even wasting time debating with self-confessed and affirmed haters of Reginald Hudlin's Black panther run?

No More Mutants

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Out of curiosity, at the time, was it ever asked why Hudlin chose Storm to be Black Panther's wife over Monica?
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Out of curiosity, at the time, was it ever asked why Hudlin chose Storm to be Black Panther's wife over Monica?
    I don't rightly know to be honest.

But I guess he just wanted to expand the Black Panther fanbase while opening up additional cross over international story telling possibilities.

No More Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Onyenkwere View Post
    I don't rightly know to be honest.
    But I guess he just wanted to expand the Black Panther fanbase while opening up additional cross over international story telling possibilities.
    Ah, cool. Thank-you. It's a shame in many ways, in retrospect, Monica might have ultimately proved a better match (but, if there was rage at the time how she was used over the scanned bit... maybe not). I guess we'll never know, unless Hickman decides to pair them up in the future). I'd support it, anything to get Monica in comics more.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-10-2013 at 05:23 AM.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

I don't know if Monica and T'Challa had any previous relationships.

I don't know if Monica and T'Challa had any previous relationships.
    I can't imagine that would be too much of a problem; either start the relationship fresh or (do what they did with Storm) ret-con one in. Though building one fresh would 100% be the better option. But a "fresh start" relationship by Hickman... that could be cool!

I can't imagine that would be too much of a problem; either start the relationship fresh or (do what they did with Storm) ret-con one in. Though building one fresh would 100% be the better option. But a "fresh start" relationship by Hickman... that could be cool!
    There were previous meetings between Storm and T'Challa prior to Hudlin's run so it isn't a retcon. See Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyenkwere View Post
    I don't ebven know why any of you are even wasting time debating with self-confessed and affirmed haters of Reginald Hudlin's Black panther run?
    Okay, today is my birthday so no arguing from me for the rest of the day.

There were previous meetings between Storm and T'Challa prior to Hudlin's run so it isn't a retcon. See Priest.
    Oh, I didn't think Priest's was a relationship, so much as displaying mutual attraction, I could be wrong. I haven't read that issue, sadly; only seen some scans (no TPB for most of Priest's run WHY IS THIS NOT COLLECTED??? ).

Okay, today is my birthday so no arguing from me for the rest of the day.
    Happy, happy birthday!