yes...THE Wonderman. RealWonderman's Avatar

Default Why no actual Young Justice comic, with the actual Wonder Girl!

In my opinion this was probably the biggest misstep of the new 52. The characterization of Cassie/Wonder Girl in the Young Justice cartoon is perfect. And what better way to get kids reading comics than to have a popular TV show already going on, then tie in and use a comic book based on it?
    Are you sure that "by the grace of god" you survived? Maybe god was trying to GET you and missed??!!??
    Twitter: Ryan Klaus @RealWonderman

The young justice comic does have the wonder girl that in Yj. It's the Teen Titan New 52.Yj take place on Earth 16 and non of the heroes have their origin changed. However some heroes like Atremis Crook were villians

yes...THE Wonderman. RealWonderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    The young justice comic does have the wonder girl that in Yj. It's the Teen Titan New 52.Yj take place on Earth 16 and non of the heroes have their origin changed. However some heroes like Atremis Crook were villians
    My meaning is that instead of the Teen Titans Wonder Girl they created and disconnected from Wonder Woman, they could have used the Cassie from the TV show, with personality intact, as well as the other characters. Teen Titans could (dare I say SHOULD) have used the YJ show as a template. Just my opinion, though.
    Are you sure that "by the grace of god" you survived? Maybe god was trying to GET you and missed??!!??
    Twitter: Ryan Klaus @RealWonderman

I agree that DC should have attempted to build more synergy with their larger, multi media properties, especially their cartoons.

I mean, not every little detail has to be the same, but the broad strokes really should be. Instead of Bunker and Skitter, they should have used Aqualad and Ms. Martian. Robin doesnt have to be Grayson, like it was in the cartoon, but again, broad strokes, not minor details that only us older, established fans care about. Kids dont care about the details, they just want entertainment and if the comic book has a different Robin or Kid Flash than the cartoon does, they are not going to be bothered by it.

But damn, if DC comics were as good as that friggin cartoon is, they'd be on top of the sale charts.

Gone

I never understood the need to disconnect WG from WW.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Only Scott Lobdell and whoever greenlighted the change do, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    One character I think should have been lost to Flashpoint... at least in terms of her name. I understand why you don't want Amazon after Amazon popping up so soon when supposedly they never left an island for centuries though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    One character I think should have been lost to Flashpoint... at least in terms of her name. I understand why you don't want Amazon after Amazon popping up so soon when supposedly they never left an island for centuries though.
    I don't really like the fact that there are "Superboys", "Supergirl" and "Kryptos" running around. If I were a diehard Superman fan I'm not sure I'd be too happy about that. Part of Sman's appeal (to me) was that he was the last survivor of a dying planet. I think I feel the same for "Wonder" Woman. I don't like "Wonder Girls" around. However, I do find Donna's origin (one of them) plausible... Wonder Woman rescuing girl and taking her to Paradise Island. I'd preferred her using a different name though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    I don't really like the fact that there are "Superboys", "Supergirl" and "Kryptos" running around. If I were a diehard Superman fan I'm not sure I'd be too happy about that. Part of Sman's appeal (to me) was that he was the last survivor of a dying planet. I think I feel the same for "Wonder" Woman. I don't like "Wonder Girls" around. However, I do find Donna's origin (one of them) plausible... Wonder Woman rescuing girl and taking her to Paradise Island. I'd preferred her using a different name though.
    Speaking of one of those diehard Superman fans, I'm not big on other Kryptonians running around either. Clones and alternate reality shapeshifters are one thing. That doesnt take away from Clark's appeal or gravitas as the last of his kind and high lights his ability to inspire. But pureblood, grew-up-on-the-planet Kryptonians? Not such a big fan of those.

As for Wonder Girls, I dont mind them. In the case of Cassie and one of Donna's origins, they're just regular people inspired by Diana who take up her standard. Im cool with that. I think Diana would embrace that sort of thing too, if the people involved were up to the challenge. And I dont mind a **few** real Amazons, like Artemis, getting out into the world every now and then either. Unlike Clark, Diana is not the last of her kind (well, most of the time.) so its not such a big deal. And I find it enhances the idea of Themyscira being a part of the global village. I like seeing Amazon tourists on the street of Metropolis every now and then, so long as it isnt overdone. These people did spend centuries being completely isolated so I dont want to see them change their ways in a few short years.

Quote Originally Posted by ascended View Post
    Speaking of one of those diehard Superman fans, I'm not big on other Kryptonians running around either. Clones and alternate reality shapeshifters are one thing. That doesnt take away from Clark's appeal or gravitas as the last of his kind and high lights his ability to inspire. But pureblood, grew-up-on-the-planet Kryptonians? Not such a big fan of those.

As for Wonder Girls, I dont mind them. In the case of Cassie and one of Donna's origins, they're just regular people inspired by Diana who take up her standard. Im cool with that. I think Diana would embrace that sort of thing too, if the people involved were up to the challenge. And I dont mind a **few** real Amazons, like Artemis, getting out into the world every now and then either. Unlike Clark, Diana is not the last of her kind (well, most of the time.) so its not such a big deal. And I find it enhances the idea of Themyscira being a part of the global village. I like seeing Amazon tourists on the street of Metropolis every now and then, so long as it isnt overdone. These people did spend centuries being completely isolated so I dont want to see them change their ways in a few short years.
    Oh I wouldn't care if the entire Amazon race moved into man's world (actually maybe I would) insofar as having Wonder Woman be unique. I'm just thinking that I like only 1 costumed Amazon running around with the word "wonder" as part of her name.

I understand the Superboys and Supergirls and Wonder Girls are for "cashing-in" (in the real world $$) but I just don't like it. I think it takes away from the main character for the very same reason you pointed out.

It's OK for Artemis living in the outside world because she's got her own identity and personality. I know it's not going to happen, but I think it'd be great if they re-introduced her and made her a regular on the WW title... and even her own comic. I just don't know how successful it would be. Look at how long it took to get WW to become a well-selling comic and she's WW.

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    Could we just change the main DC universe to Earth 16 (with Greg Wiesman as either EIC or CCO)? At the very least there has got to be something really cool you could do with the Martians still around.