Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I have no problem with the current membership. Skitter is really the only one I don't like. Wouldn't mind seeing her replaced by Raven or someone else. Wouldn't mind seeing an eighth member also (but not Beast Boy. He's already done his thing. Let it be someone new or very little used in the past). Also favorable to a change of the team name to Young Justice and the revelation tha the older sidekicks had gone the team route before and want the Titans name back. But I'd rather have a mix of traditional members (Dick, Wally, Donna...) with new ones or revamped versions of little used pre-52 Titans (Wildebeest, Magenta, Phantasm, Omen, Risk, Argent, etc...).

Peace

There really isn't any problem with the roster. It's a solid roster. I'd go so far as to say that neither the roster nor the overall approach and ethos of the book are problematic -- I think Lobdell knows exactly what makes a Teen book work, and I think he's attempting to turn Teen Titans into that book.

Unfortunately it doesn't quite come off often, for a number of executional reasons and failures.

But still.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

The core Titans are all present (Superboy, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Robin/Red Robin) so I'm ok with the current lineup. Of course it could be better. As far as marketing is concerned I would've used more characters from the Young Justice cartoon. Blue Beetle, Artemis, Miss Martian, Aqua Lad, etc. hopefully they show up in the team Raven is supposed to lead.

They don't need to change the roster of teen titans. They need to just make a new teen team. The young justice line is almost empty at this point and it needs more books.

I'd go with a completely new cast and one established second-generation hero as the leader. I want more freshness in my comics, and just sticking with the "icons" isn't doing it for me.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    They don't need to change the roster of teen titans. They need to just make a new teen team. The young justice line is almost empty at this point and it needs more books.
    This is true as well. There's no reason we can't have a Young Justice and a Teen Titans. I mean there are three Justice Leagues.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Don't follow X-Men at all. Try and recapture Young Justice, if anything. Leave Perez and Wolfman's mojo in the past. You can't touch it.

I may not be overly partial to Bunker, but I enjoy how he just wants to be a superhero. That should be the fuel for the team-actively seeking to be heroes, not reacting to giant, evil organizations or their own "super dakr secrets that will destroy the world!"
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Leave Perez and Wolfman's mojo in the past. You can't touch it.

I may not be overly partial to Bunker, but I enjoy how he just wants to be a superhero. That should be the fuel for the team-actively seeking to be heroes, not reacting to giant, evil organizations or their own "super dakr secrets that will destroy the world!"
    Well said. Leave the old Titans in the past where they belong. Most of them have moved on anyway, either to their own things, the League, Outlaws, or whatever.

Now that Superman is aware of the Titans, thanks to a conversation with Conner, I'm hoping to see the Titans get a little more direction. I mean, Lobdell has sort of set up the idea of the Titans helping other young super humans, which is great, but we havent really seen it. But I'd like to see either the team start training under the League, or see a new team with that purpose established.

As was said, the Young Justice line is almost dead, and given the popularity of that cartoon, (or so I am lead to believe) it seems counter productive on DC's part to not be capitalizing on it in every way possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ascended View Post
    Now that Superman is aware of the Titans, thanks to a conversation with Conner, I'm hoping to see the Titans get a little more direction. I mean, Lobdell has sort of set up the idea of the Titans helping other young super humans, which is great, but we havent really seen it.
    It would be nice to see the team being able to help itself as a start, since the record is pretty bad atm:
    -getting their asses kicked by Superboy on New Years Eve
    -getting their asses kicked by Harvest, even with the help of a few Legionares
    -getting their asses kicked by Cassandra's spilt personality
    -and finally, getting their asses kicked by a bunch of drugged up hoboes thanks to the lord of time and space: the Joker.
    ...so however annoying it is that Arsenal (of all people) is going to play school teacher, it's definitely needed.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Don't follow X-Men at all. Try and recapture Young Justice, if anything. Leave Perez and Wolfman's mojo in the past. You can't touch it.

Exactly. They're young, attractive, and have super powers. Not only would they be major celebrities with easier access to the media, but they'd be mixed up in all kinds of trouble of their own making. The writers should be using this team to help readers discover new facets of the DCnU. Having them sit around (in New York of all places) moping about their lot in life like a bunch of stupid X-Men is completely counterproductive. Kids get out and do things. Kids with superpowers aren't limited to one city or country for that matter.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Shark View Post
    Not really a fan of Skitter, but I think Bunker is a great character. I'd want him in the book even if he lost his powers.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Shark View Post
    While I adore Miss Martian, I feel she's a bit redundant in a team with Superboy and Wonder Girl. Same reason I never cared for the Martian Manhunter in the JLA.
    Telepathy,shape shifting ,mass distortion and invisability......what exactly is reduntant here?

BANNED

Martian Manhunter's New 52 role is badass. Last thing he needs is a protege watering it down.

Team roster is fine, hopefully after Nite of the Jokers (hope that wasn't trademarked ) there is some development with the Amanda Waller angle.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

I would took this opportunity to truly combine the DCU,Milestone, and Wildstorm.
    Red Robin
    Superboy
    Fairchild
    Grunge
    Rocket
    Blue Beetle
    Static
    Rainmaker

Since all of the DCU characters have de aged. I think the sidekick angle is done with.Going by new DC ages, the JLA cant be more than 5-8 years older than their "sidekicks".

I'd add Static and Blue Beetle to the roster. I'd kick Skitter to the curb.