Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I liked Skitter because she reminded me of Taboo.
    Keep the current members.
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    They've mentioned her a fair few times, and I think they compared one of their recent situations as not wanting to lose whoever just after they lost Skitter too. Just in bear in mind none of them really knew her.
    Save Tim who made that promise to both Skitter and to her sister about keeping her safe and finding a cure.

But yes they do appear to be be walking from disaster to disaster atm.

BANNED

I think the team needs to be returned to having mostly JL sidekick members. I also think the complete non-communication between the Titans and the JL is bizarre and unlikely.

We also need to see the past members, Arsenal, Nightwing, Cyborg, etc, be incorporated into their back story, giving them a foundation they didn't know was there, as well as a real headquarters.

As it is, the book feels like its in a different dimension. They're just a bunch of morons hanging out being annoying. It reminds me of "Young Heroes in Love" which was not good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    I think the team needs to be returned to having mostly JL sidekick members. I also think the complete non-communication between the Titans and the JL is bizarre and unlikely.
    This was finally addressed in last week's Superman .

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    We also need to see the past members, Arsenal, Nightwing, Cyborg, etc, be incorporated into their back story, giving them a foundation they didn't know was there

Why?

I mean, it hurts Nightwing not to have that history - or any kind of Team Experience - but I can't see how it helps the current Titans title to bring in that kind of "secret history".

I would change the roster to be more like the Young Justice cartoon, with a bunch of members. I know that seems too much like the cartoon, but a guy can dream. I would keep the current line-up, including Skitter, and then add:

-Static
    -Aqualad
    -Aquagirl (Lorena)
    -Offspring
    -Ms. Martian (but I hope her characterization is nothing like she is on the cartoon which I don't like)
    -Kid Devil
    -Blue Beetle
    -Slobo
    -Rocket
    -Natasha Irons
    -Artemis
    -Bombshell

That would provide a diverse line-up with varying powers and personalities.
    "With Knowledge we built a city to rival heaven."

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I would change the roster to be more like the Young Justice cartoon, with a bunch of members. I know that seems too much like the cartoon, but a guy can dream. I would keep the current line-up, including Skitter, and then add:

-Static
    -Aqualad
    -Aquagirl (Lorena)
    -Offspring
    -Ms. Martian (but I hope her characterization is nothing like she is on the cartoon which I don't like)
    -Kid Devil
    -Blue Beetle
    -Slobo
    -Rocket
    -Natasha Irons
    -Artemis
    -Bombshell

That would provide a diverse line-up with varying powers and personalities.
    But also, 19 main characters. I honestly can't see a book like this giving more than 8 or so characters anything to do, or any kind of worthwhile development.

I'm hoping that they will translate the Young Justice cartoon version of Aqualad to the New 52, like how they changed Freeze and created Harley Quinn with Batman: TAS. Aqualad, by far, is the best character of that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknet View Post
    I'm hoping that they will translate the Young Justice cartoon version of Aqualad to the New 52, like how they changed Freeze and created Harley Quinn with Batman: TAS. Aqualad, by far, is the best character of that show.
    Jackson Hyde was only created in the comics because Johns liked the character of YJ Aqualad.

Though I think this would actually be quite the opposite of Freeze whose origin was changed by the cartoon, because I think Johns was also the one who came up with Aqualad being the son of Manta and the cartoon later added that in.

Yeah but that was pre New 52. I'm just saying that, since no one has been introduced as the Aqualad in the new 52 (I know Garth is in the new 52 but he isn't Aqualad), we could seen Kaldur take up the spot.

The Taboo suggestion made me realize there are two many great characters already out there for Lobdell to be throwing new ones around. Its lazy. I could accept one or two because i dont want to be completely closed to change.
    I wish Elizabeth Hand's Anima would be used......and while we're on the subject of change i wish Elizabeth Hand was writing the book.

Yeah, pass on the original Titans being wrapped back into the fold. Thats been DC's problem all this time, dont you see? Wolfman and Perez lit the industry on fire with their work, and DC has spent years (YEARS!) trying to capture that lightning again, and they constantly fail because their premise is flawed. You take the old team, the old setup, and try to make it work, you're just copying something that used to be popular almost thirty years ago. But what **made** that era popular was that it was original.

Titans history is the greatest single threat the Titans have ever faced, and as much as I hate to admit it, DC cutting those ties just might have been for the best.

Still, I do agree that the League and Titans having a working relationship only makes sense. The idea that Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Robin, and Superboy are all on a team together, just like Wonder Woman, Flash, Batman, and Superman are, but have never interacted with the older versions at all is just stupid.

Again, you want synergy with your larger media. Titans should, in the broad strokes, carry similarities to the YJ cartoon. The cartoon gets more viewers a week than the comics get readers in a year. The math is apparent.

Ditch Teen Titans,

Have 2 series

Titans with a core of Nightwing, Arsenal, Kid Flash (Wally West), Tempest & Donna Troy as college-agers/early 20's

Young Justice with a core of Tim Drake, Superboy, Impulse (Bart Allen), Wonder Girl & Static as teenagers

I just want them to add Static and Raven. The rest of the roster is fine. Love Bunker, even if his powers are a bit meh (although I do give him points for having a unique superpower, at least). Honestly I just want them to, what a few people in this thread have already said, become a god damn team already. Establish their base, underline what their goals are, etc. I want some recognition that these people are the future of the super hero community. I want to see them training, learning, becoming ... well .... heroes. That's supposed to be the whole reason behind the Teen Titans. A group of young people training and learning to become the heroes they need to be one day.

And a tiny part of me wants Blue Beetle to join the team. But I know that's just wishful thinking.

The Titans:

Nightwing
    Scarlet Speedster (or something like that)
    Amazon
    Red Arrow
    Cyborg
    Beastboy
    Starfire
    Raven
    Tempest

Young Justice:

Red Robin
    Superboy
    Wonder Girl
    Miss Martian
    Elongated Kid (Billy)
    Speedy
    Static
    Blue Beetle III
    Spoiler
    Kid Flash
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart