Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The Punisher crashing a mob don's party with an M60 in Punisher MAX #1.

Well, Doctor Strange has had alot of moments in his career, but two stand out to me. In The Flight of Bones, his nemesis Dormammu has returned, again, and is engaging him in a magic duel. Eventually, as they are flying around and blasting at each other, Dormammu starts ranting at Strange, and after calmly listening to his rant for a moment, calls down lightning with a word, blasting Dormammu apart.

The second moment is in the first issue of The Oath, when Wong rushes into Night Nurse's clinic. She starts to work on Strange, and questions Wong about who he is. Strange himself tells her, as he floats next to his dying body and gives her medical advice. Just the fact that he is calmly giving instructions on how to fix his body is hilarious to me.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

When Kitty joked about "pulling her Tab" in Uncanny X-Men #139, my teenaged heart skipped a beat. And that was but the first time I fell in love with her.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    The Punisher crashing a mob don's party with an M60 in Punisher MAX #1.
    And claymores, can't forget claymores.

Punisher's not my favorite character, but that's definitely the moment that turned me into a legit fan.

Can it be two characters?

The portrayal of Nightcrawler's and Wolverine's friendship in X-Men #139-140 (a two-part Alpha Flight/Wendigo story) cemented them as my favorite characters for many years to come.

Default Favorite X-Men

While I'd always liked Psylocke, this delicious soap opera cemented my fandom:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	106857

Same for Archangel, only it was this issue:

Name:	29-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	106858
    Last edited by SJNeal; 01-07-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Default Favorite Avengers

Wonder Man was a long time favorite, but seeing him through the eyes of the obessive Cindy Knutz bumped him to #1:

Name:	Tales_of_the_Marvels_-_Wonder_Years_Vol_1_1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	106859

Not her best showing, but enough to make me a lifelong fan:

Name:	Avengers_West_Coast_Vol_1_57.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	106860

Edit: For the life of me, I can never size images correctly...
    Last edited by SJNeal; 01-07-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post
    Captain America is my favorite super-hero.

I kind of got hooked to the Cap brand after reading vol. 5 issue 50.

From that point on I was entranced with Bucky as Captain America, and reading the death of Cap only cemented that.

I guess reading more of steve in general made me like his character as well. No specific moment from him, or the falcon for that matter, I just really like them, more than I like any other character.

In fact, Ed Brubaker's Captain America is what made Cap my favorite. the whole damn thing. I'll support whoever wields the shield.
    Same for me. Brubaker's Cap is what got me back into comics. Loved Steve and was shocked when he was killed, but then Bucky became my favorite character right around issue 33 when he gets on the helicarrier and goes at it with Iron Man. I loved the fight and that whole issue in general. The Winter Kills One Shot also cemented it for me. If you haven't read it, it follows Bucky on his 1st Christmas free from the Brainwashing since the War. There is a great interaction with the Young Avengers and the scene with Namor is fantastic. It is very heartfelt and one of my favorite single issues.

BANNED

When Matt Murdock beat down the kingpin with his bare hands and claimed himself the "new kingpin" of hells kitchen is when I knew Daredevil was my favorite character.

Ultimate X-Men, Wolverine's first appearance in issue 1 as a member of the Brotherhood and what sealed the deal was when he straight up owned all the X-Men and killed them all in front of Xavier. Turned out it was only a danger room session but I didn't know that until I flipped the page. It was absolutely stunning.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Can it be two characters?

The portrayal of Nightcrawler's and Wolverine's friendship in X-Men #139-140 (a two-part Alpha Flight/Wendigo story) cemented them as my favorite characters for many years to come.
    Wow. Two different posters cited X-Men 139 as a key moment for their favorite character. I will have to go back and re-read it.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._Vol_1_243.jpg
    ^Iron Man #243

Scott Lang was already my favorite. but this issue kind of made it my fate to be a Scott Lang-as-Ant-Man fan. in it, several of Stark's friends and co-workers react to the news of his possibly fatal injuries (shot by some crazy woman he almost dated). anyways, Scott and Cassie are watching it on the news. so in the forefront of Lang's living room is a big movie poster of 'The Howling.' i was a horror movie fan before i was a comic book fan. so to see that he shares my interests (or just really likes Dee Wallace Stone) was really cool.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Doctor Strange always appealed to me, ever since I read him in my dad's big bag o' 70's comics growing up in Dr. Strange and in the Defenders, but when I picked up Into Shamballa, my own purchase with whatever money I had in the 80's as a kid, that solidified it, it had magic, sex, a mature storyline, philosophy, beautiful art, and as a kid it just blew my mind and it still holds up to this day- and it crystalized the Doc's place in the number one slot, and he hasn't moved from there since. Great stuff.

Also when he whipped Wolverine like he was a child, beating the Inhumans and saying the fight was over because he wished it to be over, the owning of Doom, his fight with Photon and the Collector, and ripping Ares apart. Tons of examples.