View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
26. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • That wouldn't surprise me.

5 19.23%
  • I don't think it work at all.

17 65.38%
  • There is already a being like that so I don't see how it could work.

3 11.54%
  • I really wouldn't care.

1 3.85%
    King of Frost Giants King Laufey's Avatar

Default How would you handle it if the Joker...

Turned out to be the physical embodiment of chaos and destruction. I've been thinking about this for a while because he has no real confirmed origin story and seems to absolutely refuse to die in most cases so I got to thinking what if Joker really isn't even human what if he's this god like being(who toys with mortals to pass the time) that has been around since forever like Vandal Savage except he's literally been around since the very beginning like since or before the big bang.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Nah, sorry dude. Over complicates him IMO. Plus personally the less i know about where the Joker came from the better.

BANNED

That's already what the Joker is, it's just not explicit, and it shouldn't be. He's Jung's Trickster personified and through a nihilistic lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Nah, sorry dude. Over complicates him IMO. Plus personally the less i know about where the Joker came from the better.
    I don't see how it does I mean if this story line was ever done I'd probably see it as sort of like Jacob and the Man in Black from Lost only we'd get the embodiment of chaos and order. Only instead of an island Joker(Chaos) is confined to one universe while having little influence in others and Bruce/Batman learns the story like this while learning why Order allows super powers to exist.

BANNED

Too on the nose. It's enough that everyone writes him that way without it being an actual plot element.

Quote Originally Posted by King Laufey View Post
    I don't see how it does I mean if this story line was ever done I'd probably see it as sort of like Jacob and the Man in Black from Lost only we'd get the embodiment of chaos and order. Only instead of an island Joker(Chaos) is confined to one universe while having little influence in others and Bruce/Batman learns the story like this while learning why Order allows super powers to exist.

You lost me at... Lost.

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

That would be super lame & I'd probably avoid any Joker story like that.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

It'd be very interesting for en Elseworlds tale, but not for the main continuity Joker.

Hell,Batman could be the DCU's Eternal Champion from Michael Moorcock's multiverse.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

So Joker would be another servant or avatar of Darkseid? Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Quite the opposite. Darkseid is an embodiment of order.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    No actually in this else world scenario Joker would be far more powerful than any other being in the universe only choosing not unleash his power because it wouldn't be fun.

No actually in this else world scenario Joker would be far more powerful than any other being in the universe only choosing not unleash his power because it wouldn't be fun.
    It's not because you're immortal and the physical embodiment of chaos and destruction that you actually have any other kind of powers.

I like it as a story idea where the Joker is exactly as he is, except immortal. Not that he is even aware of that himself. His memory probably doesn't go back for more than 30 years or so. The Joker as being with godlike powers, not interesting at all.

And characters that don't use their powers because 'it wouldn't be fun' don't deserve to live.

How would you handle it if the Joker...
    Handle it? Like, would I cut myself off from civilization and live in the branches of a giant redwood somewhere or become 1 of those nutjobs that sends death threats to the writer responsible and his family?

I'd roll my eyes at the bad idea and not buy it (unless Superman is in it: I can't pass up a Supes appearance).
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Sorry, but just . . . no.
    I would rather that Joker became pregnant with Batman's love child.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I would rather that Joker became pregnant with Batman's love child.
    Ooh...now there's an idea.