Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    20% Cooler Than You Richard Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    X-Factor v. 1, #87.
    This was going to be my answer as well. It's one of the best-written comics I've ever read, even though nothing really happens.
    "I don't hate everybody. I think I'm better than everybody. It's completely different."

Currently Hunting:
    Marvel Two-in-One #1, and Werewolf by Night #32 (at a reasonable price)

Soul Gem Resident adam_warlock_2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brannon View Post
    His Hulk run from 1987-1993 would have to be top on my list. The particularly strong issues featured the runs of Dale Keown and Gary Frank as artists. While I loved it even then, there was always this nagging "Yeah, this is good, but I wish the green Hulk would come back..." thought process going through my head during the Mr. Fixit years. Of course now it's clear that what he added only expanded the mythos and is still the last time the Hulk was truly a great comic (There have been moments, but nothing of such sustained quality)
    Jeff Purves was a favorite of mine, though very short lived for my tastes. He drew a great mean looking, but not ugly looking Fixit, which really added to the "strong arm" character he was portraying.

I think the gray Hulk saga was also that page where Hulk broke into a liquor store before dawn and drank everything in site so that Banner would waked up f'ed out of his gourd and not able to do anything. Great moment there.
    "To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
    "You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)

Probably the whole Sin-Eater/Death of Jean DeWolff storyline from "Spectacular Spider-man". What I read of "Fallen Angel" and "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man" was good too.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I think my favorite Peter David story is Hulk: Future Imperfect, but the nifty George Perez art may have a lot to do with that.

One of my guilty pleasures is the Sachs and Violens four issue mini Peter did with George Perez for Epic. Its goofy fun that doesn't take itself too seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    I think that Atlantis Chronicles is the only thing of his that I've read.
    I'm not a fan of either Aquaman or the Hulk, but I think I will try Atlantis and Future Imperfect because I like the respective artists so much, Maroto and Perez. Sachs and Violence sounded like a fun idea and it's Perez again so I picked up the collection a couple years ago but still haven't gotten round to looking at it.

I liked some of his 80s Spider-Man work. I remember that old annual where a future Iron Man comes back in time trying to stop a terrorist while he is still a kid in the past, great stuff.

Also I met him briefly as a kid at a convention. Being a dumb kid I rudely interrupted him while he was eating and asked him to sign something. Instead of telling me to get lost (as he should have) he was still nice to me and signed my comic.
    Last edited by destro; 01-07-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    Young Justice. Darn near the whole thing. It was the first superhero comic that ever made me laugh.
    Definitely my favorite.

Especially Cissie-King-Jones as reluctant heroine who can't ever... quite... get out the family business.
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

I enjoyed the 2 parter where Jon Jonzz becomes female with an all female group to infiltrate a Women controlled society.

Life is what you make it.

Star Trek, B5, Young Justice, Supergirl, Hulk, X-Factor, Spider-Man, Atlantis Chronicles, Time&Tide, Aquaman, Fallen Angel...there's a lot to choose from.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

My favorite PAD comic is Spider-Man: The Death of Jean DeWolff, and my favorite PAD novel is Star Trek: Vendetta.
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

Joe Fixit (and entire Hulk run to be honest)
    Future Imperfect
    Death of Jean DeWolff
    Madrox & X-Factor (old and new)

So many!

But my favorite PAD moment? Will be when he's recovered and continues writing :)

Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post
    I liked some of his 80s Spider-Man work. I remember that old annual where a future Iron Man comes back in time trying to stop a terrorist while he is still a kid in the past, great stuff.
    The Iron Man of 2020! He's only seven years away! I remember that story was reprinted as a back-up story in (I think) the UK Transformers comic. Where if memory serves, it was titled as an Iron Man 2020 story and not Spider-Man. I hadn't realized it was PAD written, but totally makes sense. The story always stuck with me because (from my 10 year old perspective) the protagonist fails in his mission and dies. Does anyone know what the original issue number was?
    Visit my comics blog http://mugshotcomics.com become a member, leave a comment. Updated twice weekly

Quote Originally Posted by rob fleming View Post
    The Iron Man of 2020! He's only seven years away! I remember that story was reprinted as a back-up story in (I think) the UK Transformers comic. Where if memory serves, it was titled as an Iron Man 2020 story and not Spider-Man. I hadn't realized it was PAD written, but totally makes sense. The story always stuck with me because (from my 10 year old perspective) the protagonist fails in his mission and dies. Does anyone know what the original issue number was?
    The story originally appeared in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #20.

Edit: I think that's the one, anyway, but GCD credits "Fred Schiller (Plot); Ken McDonald."
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron King View Post
    The story originally appeared in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #20.

Edit: I think that's the one, anyway, but GCD credits "Fred Schiller (Plot); Ken McDonald."
    Interesting. Either way it was a cool story that I haven't thought about in years. I'm going back issue hunting!
    Visit my comics blog http://mugshotcomics.com become a member, leave a comment. Updated twice weekly