View Poll Results: Who is the new FURY?

Voters
56. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Lyta (even though Robinson has said no)

6 10.71%
  • Donna

15 26.79%
  • Nubia

0 0%
  • Barda

5 8.93%
  • Artemis

1 1.79%
  • An amalgamation of more than one

19 33.93%
  • Other

10 17.86%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Since Robinson said she's not "Lyta Trevor", I believe Fury is Hippolyta "Lyta"' daughter of Diana, poppa TBD.
    Or no poppa at all--I don't think we can rule out the idea that Earth 2 Wonder Woman sculpted her daughter from clay.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    Steppenwolf stole her from her mom at a very young age and turned her evil. I think the debate can be safely put to rest. Thank god it wasn't Big Barda.

Fury is strong enough to raise and flip a tank with that red lasso.
    Expecting rant/comparison between Earth 2 Fury to WW-solo book in 5

Gone

Steppenwolf stole her from her mom at a very young age and turned her evil. I think the debate can be safely put to rest. Thank god it wasn't Big Barda.

Fury is strong enough to raise and flip a tank with that red lasso.
    I've figured out for a while now what irks me about the nuamazons.
    It's not that they're feisty since I LIKE my amazons feisty.
    It's just that they're not my brand of feisty.

My amazons should be assertive, dominating and feisty but they should also have FUN being what they are.
    I miss me some FUN, where is it?
    Gimme here!

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    I've figured out for a while now what irks me about the nuamazons.
    It's not that they're feisty since I LIKE my amazons feisty.
    It's just that they're not my brand of feisty.

My amazons should be assertive, dominating and feisty but they should also have FUN being what they are.
    I miss me some FUN, where is it?
    Gimme here!
    In Demon Knights, with Exoristos.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Steppenwolf stole her from her mom at a very young age and turned her evil. I think the debate can be safely put to rest. Thank god it wasn't Barda.
    Well no, Fury is the name that Steppenwolf gave her, but she still has her birthname that Diana gave her, which in the future Fury apparently has yet to discover.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Well no, Fury is the name that Steppenwolf gave her, but she still has her birthname that Diana gave her, which in the future Fury apparently has yet to discover.
    He only called her age at the time of her abduction 'impressionable' which is a really broad term when it comes from a man who's from a place where breaking people is a morning exercise.

Y'know I am actually completely okay if Fury doesn't turn good. Compelling bad guys are always more fun than the good guys.

I'll probably be happy if she does turn good (which she will) as well.

Really I'm just looking forward to learning more about her.

Interesting, interesting:

Mr. Miracle Scott Free's first appearance in the New 52, and look who is right behind him, none other than Fury! I'm convinced still that Fury is a Post-Flashpoint amalgamation of Lyta Trevor and Big Barda, what with her being raised by the Apokolips General Steppenwolf as his "Fury" and all.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

I'm not at all convinced. I imagine that Scott will just notice the similarities between Fury and Barda. I'm not even that much of a New Gods fan and I would frankly be more than a little bit pissed off if Fury did turn out to be Barda, and not her own character.

Why are Brett Booths faces always so damn ugly?

Dr. Poison's Lab Asst. Power Guy's Avatar

I'm thinking there's a pretty good chance that Fury and Barda are now one and the same. That would be fine with me as I stopped liking Fury after Crisis On Infinite Earths.

I'm not convinced yet, but its certainly a possibility at this point. But just as possible is that we're reading way too much into it. Even if the cover does imply a team-up of Fury and Mr. Miracle, doesn't have to mean that she's replacing Barda.

Fury works for Steppenwolf (Darkseid), and we know that Mister Miracle always fight against his stepfather, so unless Mister Miracle will "save" Fury from Steppenwolf in the future, right now it's just something like an "easter egg".

Exactly, people seem to be forgetting from over time that the Pre-Flashpoint's Scott and Barda didn't START their existence as being married and wanting to retire to the human suburbs. Barda was influenced by Scott's defiance of Darkseid to head toward the light and away from the Furies and Granny Goodness, and it seems that the Post-Flashpoint New 52 character of Fury is on a similar path as (in my opinion) an amalgamated Big Barda/Lyta Trevor who was an Amazon by birth and raised as "Fury" by a general from Apokolips on Earth 2.
    Pull list:

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Interesting, interesting:

Mr. Miracle Scott Free's first appearance in the New 52, and look who is right behind him, none other than Fury! I'm convinced still that Fury is a Post-Flashpoint amalgamation of Lyta Trevor and Big Barda, what with her being raised by the Apokolips General Steppenwolf as his "Fury" and all.
    Interesting, indeed. I wouldn't say I'm convinced just yet, but there's a very real possiblity. Thanks for posting the cover, BatGRRRl4ever.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

i miss Donna Troy ;'(
    What of the Hunting, Hunter Bold? Brother, the Watch was Long and Cold..

What of the Quarry ye went to Kill? Brother, He Crops in the Jungle Still..