View Poll Results: Who is the new FURY?

Voters
56. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Lyta (even though Robinson has said no)

6 10.71%
  • Donna

15 26.79%
  • Nubia

0 0%
  • Barda

5 8.93%
  • Artemis

1 1.79%
  • An amalgamation of more than one

19 33.93%
  • Other

10 17.86%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

James Robinson has tweeted: Oh, and to answer someone on message boards — yes, the heroes of E2 are called Wonders because WW was the world first hero. (see http://newearth2.tumblr.com/page/8 for verification)
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Wouldn't both Clark and Bruce had to have been like around three yrs old when Diana had Fury? Fury is an adult too right now, and we know that Diana came onto the scene a number of decades ago since she was the very first wonder (on modern record). I'm guessing on this earth the more proper immortal amazons were present.
    You keep saying that. Where was this stated? I would love to read it, cause clearly I missed that.

Would love to have Diana be the premier Hero on a established earth.

(Nevermind, You finally posted it. Thats cool beans!!! I can't wait to read more about that!!!!!!)

yes...THE Wonderman. RealWonderman's Avatar

I am LOVING this idea!
    OOOOOOOOOH!!! Plot thickener!!! LIKE!!!!

Originally Posted by Sacred Knight
    In fact it could be Steppenwolf himself. Maybe he was the Wonder that Terry Sloane was reluctant to mention, and during that stint (in which he was a mole for Apokolips) he and Diana became lovers and she had his child. He only says he stole Fury from her mother, doesn't necessarily rule him out on being her father.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 01-06-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    Are you sure that "by the grace of god" you survived? Maybe god was trying to GET you and missed??!!??
    Twitter: Ryan Klaus @RealWonderman

James Robinson has tweeted: Oh, and to answer someone on message boards — yes, the heroes of E2 are called Wonders because WW was the world first hero. (see http://newearth2.tumblr.com/page/8 for verification)
    THANK YOU!!! That's awesome, and odd...it wasn't really stated in the book that I remember
    Are you sure that "by the grace of god" you survived? Maybe god was trying to GET you and missed??!!??

Thats because it wasn't stated....and you know how that goes, until its actually stated it still could be changed. lol.

So yeah, I bet Diana and Steppy had little Lyta, minus Trevor, as he was infiltrating the earth for Darkseid years ago as that Wonder that Terry Sloane won't mention anymore....

I wonder what his "Hero" name was hmmmmmm
    Last edited by rab082154; 01-06-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rab082154 View Post
    Thats because it wasn't stated....and you know how that goes, until its actually stated it still could be changed. lol.

So yeah, I bet Diana and Steppy had little Lyta, minus Trevor, as he was infiltrating the earth for Darkseid years ago as that Wonder that Terry Sloane won't mention anymore....

Aquaman? hehe kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by rab082154 View Post

I will actually throw up in my mouth if Diana and Steppenwolf got it on.

I am in agreement that she'll be called Lyta though, just not Lyta Trevor. New father, or no father, I'm good with either. I'd actually be disappointed if she were Donna Troy. Donna should be on the main earth where she can hang around with Dick and co. Plus Robinson writes a terrible Donna Troy.

Steppenwolf as the father? Uggggh.

It's making more and more sense for it to be him though. Why else would Fury abandon both her mother, who we are supposing was Diana, and her people (as she would only be 50% amazon in this scenario), if not to be "daddy's little girl" so to speak?

If this turns out to be true, POOR Diana! Betrayed by her lover and her entire people are killed as a result of her trust in Steppenwolf, then betrayed by her own daughter, before at last getting speared in the back by her ex!
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Veteran Member

... we know that Diana came onto the scene a number of decades ago since she was the very first wonder (on modern record)....
    Not sure how being the first wonder means she's been around for "a number of decades." On the main earth, Superman was supposed to be the first publically recognized superhero, and he's only been around for about five years. The Earth 2 wonders seem to have been around a little longer, sicne they had time to get established before the Apokoloptikan invastion, but couldn't it have been six or seven or 10 years, not "a number of decades"?

It's making more and more sense for it to be him though. Why else would Fury abandon both her mother, who we are supposing was Diana, and her people (as she would only be 50% amazon in this scenario), if not to be "daddy's little girl" so to speak?

If this turns out to be true, POOR Diana! Betrayed by her lover and her entire people are killed as a result of her trust in Steppenwolf, then betrayed by her own daughter, before at last getting speared in the back by her ex!

He could steal the child.

WW sure seemed to get the short end of the stick out of all the heroes though if this is the case. Still barf. How Diana could be fooled by someone so inherently cruel as well makes zero sense.

I have a feeling this is going to turn into be very She-Ra like. lol Adora and the Hordak, Lyta and Steppy.

I would even bet that Lyta doesn't know her heritage. Or remembers it anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by lariatofhestia View Post
    Still barf. How Diana could be fooled by someone so inherently cruel as well makes zero sense.
    Well love is blind yes? Also did not Hippolyta once fall for Heracles in one continuity and it wound up getting every amazon raped by Heracles army?
    Pull list:

Quote Originally Posted by lariatofhestia View Post
    Steppenwolf as the father? Uggggh.
    It kinda makes sense though. Steppy would infiltrate and help create a progeny with the Greatest Warrior on earth. That would be a powerful child, if not the most powerful. New God and Amazon/Greek God. Who could stop her?

Well love is blind yes? Also did not Hippolyta once fall for Heracles in one continuity and it wound up getting every amazon raped by Heracles army?
    So Diana's blindness or "love" most likely got all her sisters raped and killed. Her child taken. Her lover Steppenwolf turns out to be an evil henchman for Apokolips and killer of millions. Then she gets gutted by him. Polly lucked out more than she did I would say. She still got her child, and her nation to compensate for all that tragedy.

What are the origins of the Amazons here? Do we know? Is it the same?
    Last edited by lariatofhestia; 01-06-2013 at 09:53 AM.