Thread: Top Zoid Pilots

Default Top Zoid Pilots

All zoid pilots from the Anime are given identical Zoids to pilots (something basic like a Command Wolf or Saber Fang). How would you tier their abilities based purely on skill without any organoids, ultimate X's, or other top tier zoids.

I'm gonna go with Raven. Simply because he was downright lethal in any ZOID he managed to get his hands on. And when he finally landed the Geno Breaker, he became downright unstoppable(in fact his only defeat came by way of PIS, and the fact that trying to blitz him with a massively upgraded Blade Liger was proven to be pretty much useless...) He's also the only pilot I know to take on multiple top-tier named opponents, and smash them all. His skill is also the highest shown IMHO.

Given equal ZOIDS that no-one has experience piloting(say, everyone's given a Godkaiser) its Raven's flexibility and adaptability between machines that's gonna see him come out ahead in a free-for-all, every man(or woman) for themselves fight.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

I was thinking he'd be roughly top tier but do you think anyone is close enough to be in the same tier as him or is he a class by himself.

After that the next top ones seem to be Van, Bit, Vega in some order (never saw Genesis and don't recall Fuzors very well) probably Vega above them. Than its Ryss (or Reese), Brad, Irvine maybe Thomas some others. I'd need to think about it a bit more I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    I was thinking he'd be roughly top tier but do you think anyone is close enough to be in the same tier as him or is he a class by himself.

After that the next top ones seem to be Van, Bit, Vega in some order (never saw Genesis and don't recall Fuzors very well) probably Vega above them. Than its Ryss (or Reese), Brad, Irvine maybe Thomas some others. I'd need to think about it a bit more I guess.
    Bit, Vega and Ruuji almost all had plot-device machines off the bat and that accounted for most of their fighting strength. I think the only ones who started out with basic machines were Van, Irvine and Raven, and both Van and Raven evolved with their ZOIDS, Van with the Shield Liger and Raven with the Saber Fang. Think about it this way; Van only beat Raven once, and even then it was because of Zeke and Fiona acting together to put the Liger together again after Raven methodically took it apart to the point it was inoperable.

In that fight, if Raven had been bloodthirsty enough to fire on Zeke when he'd been knocked out of the Liger, he'd have had the win along with Van's life.

More to the point however, Van doesn't have Raven's flexibility and needs time to get his head around a new ZOID type(IMHO Irvine's got better flexibility than Van, too) It depends on how long the pilots get to practice with their ZOIDS; if Van gets a few hours, he should be good to go. Problem is, Raven's almost instinctive adaptability is going to give him an edge still(IIRC if the ZOID is weak, he'll take it way past its limits on skill alone and it gets destroyed in the process...see what happened when he used a Dark Horn and gave both Van and Thomas hell when he'd never been seen using that ZOID before.)

What I'd like to see is all of them get Gilvaders, which are bloody enormous, and since the only person who knows how to handle a ZOID that size is MOONBAY she just uses it like a battering ram with horns.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Van also won against the Saber Fang but that was weird since it was already damaged and Raven just pushed it too far however IIRC he had shadow while Van didn't have Zeke. Brad also started out with just a command wolf before his upgrade to Shadow Fox. Plus Vega did wipe the floor with Jack and Bit together in the VG and then with a stripped down Berserk against both the Blitz and Lightning teams. But yeah Raven does seem to be in his own tier.

I'd say outside of boss characters (like Raven, Hiltz, Vega, etc) and Leads (Bit, Van) Brad seemed to be the most skilled and at least the best pilot zoid combo with the Fox.