View Poll Results: Do you like the Superman and Wonder Woman romance

Voters
396. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes.

    218 55.05%
  • No.

    178 44.95%
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 636
  1. #511
    Read my mind. Lois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Self-DCeit View Post
    Here, a small token of my appreciation for being open-minded.
    Thank you.
    I like it.

  2. #512
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,848

    Default

    Still no "meh" option?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  3. #513
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I had every intention of voting no in the poll, but decided to think it over. In the time between then and now- several days- I've seen where S/LL fans are saying the people voting are 'probably' not real Superman fans but general comic book readers.
    I ended up voting yes but not just because of that. Why shouldn't there be a change? I've been a long time fan of Superman in all his incarnations and I've enjoyed them all but S/LL have been the norm for so long the LL fans think they own him now. He MUST be paired with LL and no one else. It was meant to be. Maybe it was, I don't know. I do know that I'd not only like to see where this is going but I'd also like to see how fanfic takes it. In reading the recent entries at ff.net and the L&C archive, maybe it's time for LL fans to let him go.
    I know most WW fans don't want him either, but it's better than what LL ownership has been doing to Superman lately.

  4. #514

  5. #515
    Senior Member lariatofhestia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    It's nice to know the right woman for Superman should be sitting at home and waiting for him so he can spend time with her. Oh and no flying home to mother, Diana dear. Your mom is stone and your sisters are snakes.

  6. #516

    Default

    You know I'm still waiting for the thousand of fans apposed to this romance to come say nay from around the net.I mean all the linking and we get only this? The poll certainly proves one thing so far...fans on the net do love to exaggerate as they do.lol.

  7. #517
    Senior Member misslane38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kylesgirl View Post
    You know I'm still waiting for the thousand of fans apposed to this romance to come say nay from around the net.I mean all the linking and we get only this? The poll certainly proves one thing so far...fans on the net do love to exaggerate as they do.lol.
    Lois and Clois fans just don't visit here. Many are just fans of the relationship from other media and not comics, so they don't frequent places like this. Posts about Lois/Clark on Tumblr get upwards of 200 notes every day. The DCWomenKickingAss poll for DC Couples has had literally 500+ votes for Lois/Clark. Superman and Wonder Woman aren't even in the running. Now you might say that's because SM/WW fans don't want to give DCWKA the time of day. That's how Clois fans feel about this place.

  8. #518
    Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    kylesgirl wasn't speaking about "Lois and Clois fans". She specifically said "fans opposed to this romance", and her assessment that fans in general on the net do love to exaggerate sounds just about right. Why did you have to come draw your battle lines again, misslane? Also, are you somehow implying that Clois fans would rather stay in a homogeneous hugbox instead of coming to a place where there are other opinions? Because I would sincerely like to think that's not the case.

  9. #519
    Senior Member misslane38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Self-DCeit View Post
    kylesgirl wasn't speaking about "Lois and Clois fans". She specifically said "fans opposed to this romance", and her assessment that fans in general on the net do love to exaggerate sounds just about right. Why did you have to come draw your battle lines again, misslane? Also, are you somehow implying that Clois fans would rather stay in a homogeneous hugbox instead of coming to a place where there are other opinions? Because I would sincerely like to think that's not the case.
    Why are you calling me out for drawing battle lines when it was kylesgirl who was the one calling out fans in the first place? Do you not see your unbelievable hypocrisy for picking on me for responding to someone else who was making this a battle? In addition, kylesgirl was discussing the link I provided to fans of Lois/Clois, so I hardly think you are an expert on what was being referred to in this instance. Also, like I said in my post, Superman and Wonder Woman specifically said they were going to stay away from the DCWKA poll for the same reason Superman and Lois Lane fans stay away from here. If you're going to throw stones for that kind of fan behavior, then why not apply it equally? Finally, Clois fans don't all stay away from CBR. Several fans have posted here, including myself. Others, however, have chosen not to talk about books they aren't buying or they are fans of SM/LL in other media besides comics. Gail Simone has spoken openly about how hostile this place is, so a lot of fans who follow her on Tumblr and respect her opinion choose not to post here. It's not the expression of opinions or the debating of opinions that fans find unwelcoming about this place, in other words, it's the people.

  10. #520
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Planet Rock
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Truly, this debate is a neverending battle.

  11. #521
    Senior Member misslane38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    Truly, this debate is a neverending battle.
    It doesn't have to be. I suppose kylesgirl just had to stir the pot.

  12. #522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    It doesn't have to be. I suppose kylesgirl just had to stir the pot.
    No. You just love to think it's all about you. LOL. And once again here is your strawman arguement re dcwomenkickingass? Coming from a picture blog that called Stephanie Brown as the most kickass heroine in the DCU in their last poll...don't make me laugh. Stop playing oh the poor me victim again. No one buys it here.

  13. #523
    Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Why are you calling me out for drawing battle lines when it was kylesgirl who was the one calling out fans in the first place? Do you not see your unbelievable hypocrisy for picking on me for responding to someone else who was making this a battle?
    So you consider yourself a fan "opposed to this romance", in spite of playing nice before and saying you have an open mind? Because that was what kylesgirl was calling out, plain for all to see.

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    In addition, kylesgirl was discussing the link I provided to fans of Lois/Clois, so I hardly think you are an expert on what was being referred to in this instance.
    Um, kylesgirl wasn't quoting anything in her response. What gives?

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Also, like I said in my post, Superman and Wonder Woman specifically said they were going to stay away from the DCWKA poll for the same reason Superman and Lois Lane fans stay away from here. If you're going to throw stones for that kind of fan behavior, then why not apply it equally?
    I take it you meant Superman and Wonder Woman "fans". I don't know who you're talking about or what schismatic event you're referring to, but this is exactly the kind of "us against them" that I'd expect only to exist in Twilight forums and the like. It's ridiculous for both sides, although, to be fair, it's even more ridiculous for the side that stays away from a mainstream, heterogeneous comic book community, as opposed to a niche hugbox.

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Finally, Clois fans don't all stay away from CBR. Several fans have posted here, including myself. Others, however, have chosen not to talk about books they aren't buying or they are fans of SM/LL in other media besides comics. It's not the expression of opinions or the debating of opinions that fans find unwelcoming about this place, in other words, it's the people.
    Well, that's certainly their prerogative, if rather quizzical for the reasons I posted above. It's not like Superman/Lois fans are furries who expect scorn and derision whenever they leave their safe havens...

    Look, we've done a similar dance before. I do not agree with you many times, but I can't deny you're an eloquent poster and you're evidently passionate about the characters you discuss. I'd frankly much rather have respectful disagreements with you and discuss things instead of page upon page of us dissecting each other's quotes. If I get on your case, it's because I find your posts unnecessarily bellicose and that your attitude often gets on people's nerves - this comes from way back, from my times as a lurker. I get that it's hard for you not to react when you're provoked or when people approach you already with two stones in their hands, but I hope you'll understand this is owed much to the way you've approached many discussions in the past.

    ...

    Well, that came across as condescending. Believe what you will, but it was not my intention. I genuinely hope to be able to have constructive discussions with you eventually.

  14. #524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Why are you calling me out for drawing battle lines when it was kylesgirl who was the one calling out fans in the first place?
    I'm with MissLane on this one. Kylesgirl's first post today reads to me as the one drawing the battle lines in order to try and mock the other side - hardly what I would call welcoming of differing opinions (so is it really such a surprise that others might not want to join the conversation around here?).

    Now, if Kylegirl's intent was not that, then what was the point of that post? It's not like any of these internet fan polls have any scientific value - they're ALL skewed.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

  15. #525
    Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    Addendum: After having read all the way back to page 20 (!), I do have to condemn kylesgirl for stirring the pot; that was indeed an unnecessary and belated provocation, which didn't help at all and will only foment further bickering and digging of opposite trenches.

    I apologize for being unfair in that regard, misslane, but the remainder of my post still stands and I hope you'll give it due consideration.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •