View Poll Results: Do you like the Superman and Wonder Woman romance

Voters
396. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes.

218 55.05%
  • No.

178 44.95%
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the Sun God View Post
    In which issue that happened?
    I think this was JLA. Circa this era. Jonn had the group in a telepathic conference. It might even have been the Golden Perfect story.

Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Don't know the issue, but it's from the JLA: Golden Perfect trade.
    HA! Picked it. That was such a great story. Dont know why so many Wonder fans dont like it.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”

And can I just say...

Ten THOUSAND views! Holy crap!!!!

Don't know the issue, but it's from the JLA: Golden Perfect trade.
    I found it. It's Jla #62.
    Superman with overalls, jeans and cape reminds me of Morrison's Superman in jeans, t-shirt and cape.

Though I am far from a fan of the pairing, an interesting story would be either

[a] In space under a red sun. This would be a big role reversal for Clark - Diana with super-powers and him without.

[b] Mxy puts them somewhere where NEITHER of them have powers and they have to survive. And maybe, just to up the anty, give them the option of regaining their powers as any time, but if they do, somebody they care about dies. OOOOO, that would be interesting! Does Mxy do stuff like that now? Somebody must. That would be juicy.

Damn. I might even write that second one myself

Quote Originally Posted by the Sun God View Post
    I found it. It's Jla #62.
    Superman with overalls, jeans and cape reminds me of Morrison's Superman in jeans, t-shirt and cape.
    I actually liked Joe Kelly's JLA, I thought he did a pretty good job with it. Wasn't a fan of the Wondy and Batman story but I did like the way that he represented the characters and I thought over all he got their voices.

BANNED

It was better than Mark Waid's run, and he set the right tone and style for the book, but I didn't find his stories very interesting. Obsidian Age is decent though.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Aaaawwwwwwww...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Though I am far from a fan of the pairing, an interesting story would be either

[a] In space under a red sun. This would be a big role reversal for Clark - Diana with super-powers and him without.

Sounds like this story from fanfic.net:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8241103/1/1000-days

Oh, and shout out to Hellacre. I dig the Superman/Wonder Wpman community you have over at fanfic, which led me to the other websites associated with the Superman/Wonder Woman pairing. Wasn't too big a fan of that pairing, but the stories and art you guys come up with made me come around to it.

No. I don't like it and don't think I'd ever come around to liking it. After spending my entire lifetime enjoying and then realizing the nuanced relationship that developed between Lois Lane and Superman, the Supes-WW seems like a slick marketing gimmick done just to grab some attention. Negative attention is like negative publicity - it's still attention I suppose and it's gained some attention for the moment but it's also turned off a lot of people. They may not be comic readers anymore and maybe that's the reason. But the significance of the entire basis for a relationship between Lois Lane and Superman for more than 70 years apparently is too complex to grasp for either the current writers or the generation of readers they are trying to woo.

How is it concluded that, by choosing not to do Lois and Clark right now, on the heels of them being together for two decades pretty much uninterrupted, is a suggestion that they don't know how to approach it? Even further, how is it the fault of the current generation of readers that warrants basically calling them stupid? Comments like that just reek of sour grapes. When they're ready to approach it again, they will. They're just trying something different right now. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it probably won't be the last time either. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him date other women that aren't named Diana or Lois Lane in the future. And it will be born from a desire to tell some different tales, not out of some make-believe disrespect those in charge have for Lois and Clark.

Btw, new Action Comics writer Andy Diggle has basically confirmed in his latest Newsarama interview plans to get around to using Wonder Woman and her relationship with Superman in the title, so that'll leave only WW as a book that will be ignoring the Justice League events, so the idea its going to be confined to Geoff Johns little world and ignored everywhere else is pretty well smashed.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-09-2013 at 05:15 AM.

I'm not a fan of that story. The same writer Joe Kelly depicts Superman wearing overalls and jeans when he's telepathically conversing with the league as a way to show how he sees himself. His Superman in general is just eye rolling.
    I think with the exception of Grant Morrison, a lot of confessed Batmanfanboy creators tend to do not so good by Superman. That includes Greg Rucka and Bruce Timm. My lord Superman is daft and one dimensional under their pens. An man who fights for 1000 years would not come back and behave exactly the same way. We see development of many heroes, Superman gets to stay the same. He doesn't seem to learn anything, unless it is to wag his finger at others.

They tend to write Superman as a bit bof rawn and no brain. Diggle said his Superman hopefully will have both. I hope to god because Grant's has as does Lobdell's. And brain to me does not mean academia in so much as strategic thinking and thinking ahead to out wit foes. Superman #15 was excellent at showing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    How is it concluded that, by choosing not to do Lois and Clark right now, on the heels of them being together for two decades pretty much uninterrupted, is a suggestion that they don't know how to approach it? Even further, how is it the fault of the current generation of readers that warrants basically calling them stupid? Comments like that just reek of sour grapes. When they're ready to approach it again, they will. They're just trying something different right now. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it probably won't be the last time either. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him date other women that aren't named Diana or Lois Lane in the future. And it will be born from a desire to tell some different tales, not out of some make-believe disrespect those in charge have for Lois and Clark.

Btw, new Action Comics writer Andy Diggle has basically confirmed in his latest Newsarama interview plans to get around to using Wonder Woman and her relationship with Superman in the title, so that'll leave only WW as a book that will be ignoring the Justice League events, so the idea its going to be confined to Geoff Johns little world and ignored everywhere else is pretty well smashed.

Until of course the time that a new writer comes in and decides, "You know we need a shake up, I know let's pair clark with Babs! That will really shock the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

I would hope that Superman does not 'date' a whole lot of different women from the hero community. That would just be weird.

Personally speaking I am not sure how this is going to work out in terms of Wonder Woman eventually being Superman's ex. Assuming he gets together with Lois, he'll be leaving her every do to work with someone he slept with? To me that seems bizaare. Of course, I've only ever slept with the one woman.

Infâme et fier de l'ętre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I would hope that Superman does not 'date' a whole lot of different women from the hero community. That would just be weird.

Personally speaking I am not sure how this is going to work out in terms of Wonder Woman eventually being Superman's ex. Assuming he gets together with Lois, he'll be leaving her every do to work with someone he slept with? To me that seems bizaare. Of course, I've only ever slept with the one woman.
    What's so bizarre about it? Lots of exes are on good terms after their relationship ends. Sometimes, they're even surprinsingly close.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."