View Poll Results: Do you like the Superman and Wonder Woman romance

Voters
396. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes.

218 55.05%
  • No.

178 44.95%
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Heh, the Yeses were winning by 10 votes earlier, now losing to the Nos by 6. A 16 vote swing in less than 24 hours? Methinks this is rigged.

I'm still a fan of the pairing; in concept if not execution. The whole point of this, and everything, is drama. Superman and Wonder Woman are together for a reason (we'll have to wait and see how good that reason is), and has been and will be used to tell a story. We already know, from JLI, that the Superman/Wonder Woman will be disastrous for the DCU and this will likely unfold in Trinity War.

On the other end of things, Clark and Diana are young, and not yet tied to anyone else, so there's nothing wrong with them having a young romance together. We all know that Clark will end up with Lois, and that Diana will end up with Steve, but with this being the rebooted New 52, there's no reason to jump to that end.

Lois was designed for Clark, and Steve was designed for Diana, but I don't think it hurts their inevitable relationships that these two Supers were once together, but ultimately fell in love to a normal Woman and Man.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I am wondering how folks are going to react when we find out a guy who can supposedly lift the planet does not make Wonder Woman as happy as an USAF Colonel with no super powers.
    Probably the same way other folks are going to react when we find out that a Demi-god, Amazon Princess, doesn't make Superman as happy as a Metropolis Newspaper Reporter with no powers.
    Last edited by ABH-1979; 01-07-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post

Probably the same way other folks are react when we find out that a Demi-god, Amazon Princess, doesn't make Superman as happy as a Metropolis Newspaper Reporter with no powers.
    Bored to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    Heh, the Yeses were winning by 10 votes earlier, now losing to the Nos by 6. A 16 vote swing in less than 24 hours? Methinks this is rigged.
    Whoo hoo the power of links!

Quote Originally Posted by kylesgirl View Post
    Bored to death.
    Heh, I actually agree with this, but we know there are others that desperately need these two to be together, ASAP.

When the WW/ST SM/LL partnerships start up again, I can go back to not caring.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

We already know, from JLI, that the Superman/Wonder Woman will be disastrous for the DCU and this will likely unfold in Trinity War.
    well, this sort of makes me want to vote YES just to see how terrible it will be for the entire world, it's gonna be great to watch it crash and burn muahaha

poor Booster
    but yeah, it seems to have that purpose.

Probably the same way other folks are going to react when we find out that a Demi-god, Amazon Princess, doesn't make Superman as happy as a Metropolis Newspaper Reporter with no powers.
    totally!

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Affirmed.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    I'm sure there were others who though the same thing when a similar swing went the other way early on

Pity I didnt put on an option to see how folks voted. Then we could have examined how many new members voted yes or no.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”

Heh, I actually agree with this, but we know there are others that desperately need these two to be together, ASAP.

When the WW/ST SM/LL partnerships start up again, I can go back to not caring.
    The next kiss to make me pick up Superman comics would have to be Batman kissing Superman. Seriously DC will have to work their butts off to generate hype to equal "the kiss that was heard aorund the world". lol.

I'm sure there were others who though the same thing when a similar swing went the other way early on

Pity I didnt put on an option to see how folks voted. Then we could have examined how many new members voted yes or no.
    That would have been very interesting. But from old threads here we kind of know which of the posters support (before the poll) or at least don't mind the direction. It's not rocket science, is it?

Lois and Clark for life.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The fact that its considered "rallying the troops". That's what's so insane about it. I mean holy freaking crap I get enjoying fictional romance but this is obsessive. I may like this storyline but I don't consider myself part of any internet "team". I thought this kind of crap was reserved for lonely 40+ year old Twilight fans. Its a dark day to realize this goes on in superhero comics as well.
    This.

I'm not crazy about Superman and Wonder Woman bumping uglies but it's just a comic book. I think it could potentially interesting, it just bothers me that the Wonder Woman Geoff Johns is writing is not the same character from Azz's fantastic book. I want to read about THAT Wonder Woman, not whatever Johns wants. Then again his Superman isn't really the same one I'm reading in Morrison and Lobdell's respective books, so I guess Johns will just write whatever he feels like.

The fact that some people are taking this so seriously is scary though. Just relax, they're fictional characters.

BANNED

Aye, verily.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The fact that some people are taking this so seriously is scary though. Just relax, they're fictional characters.
    And suddenly, CBR ceased to exist.

But seriously, you might as well say "The fact that some people are taking this so seriously is scary though. Just relax, they're guys running around with a leather ball."

I voted "no."

It's not my favorite pairing, but it is a pairing I like. I just think it's been done poorly (thus far?) such that it feels written for a quick marketing gimmick (eg, "drama" in the upcoming Trinity War).

"You're strong."

"I know."

"You're my girlfriend."

"tee hee, it works."

Is not what I would call heartfelt romance. ;)
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow