View Poll Results: What is Chris Bachalo's best work?

Voters
60. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN / SINISTER SPIDERMAN

5 8.33%
  • NEW AVENGERS / AVENGERS

1 1.67%
  • UNCANNY X-MEN / XMEN

5 8.33%
  • WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN

8 13.33%
  • AGE OF APOCALYPSE

1 1.67%
  • CAPTAIN AMERICA: HOMELAND

0 0%
  • ULTIMATE WAR

1 1.67%
  • GENERATION X

30 50.00%
  • GHOST RIDER 2099

0 0%
  • OTHER (???)

9 15.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joebleau View Post
    Nothing. I hate his work sorry not my taste at all.
    What he said!

I honestly don't know what I'm looking at half the time when Bachalo is the artist. I find some of his panels to be completely incomprehensible.

And his Spider-Man looks fat.

Bachalo needs a good long run on a title. He has too many short runs that then switch over to another artist. Hopefully we'll get a decent run on his upcoming Uncanny X-Men title with Bendis.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

I like his work on the Death minis and his first issues of Generation X. He was great back then, by the end of Gen X he had moved most of the way to his newer, terrible style which he has stuck with for like 20 years. Bummer!

BANNED

Bachalo has a best work?????

In all honestty he draws a decent cover or a good splash page..

His smaller box pictures for the most part are so convoluted with muck and other grit and junk you could barely see whats taking place..

Im not a fan of his art work at all and im dreading him being on Uncanny Xmen....

They should've used Billy Tan as the Uncanny artist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Krunk View Post
    .................................................. .... no...... the last 2 things that billy tan did good work on where his thor work and shadowland, sense then his art has been very BLAH!

Bachalo has a best work?????

In all honestty he draws a decent cover or a good splash page..

His smaller box pictures for the most part are so convoluted with muck and other grit and junk you could barely see whats taking place..

Im not a fan of his art work at all and im dreading him being on Uncanny Xmen....

Check out some Shade, the Changing Man or Death. He had something special back then. The Marks Pennington and Buckingham really grounded him. When he moved on from them, his work suffered.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    .................................................. .... no...... the last 2 things that billy tan did good work on where his thor work and shadowland, sense then his art has been very BLAH!
    opposed to Bachalo whos work is always very BLAH

and I feel Mike Deodato would've been great on the darker tone of what Uncanny is supposed to be.

I'm not super familiar with everything Bachalo has done, but the stuff that stands out to me as his best work (and primo artwork in general IMO) was his early work with Generation X. The proportions were much more realistic while still maintaining his signature style.

opposed to Bachalo whos work is always very BLAH
    I would never say that Bachalo's work is "blah". Impenetrable at (most) times, occasionally inspired, but never "blah". I haven't seen any work from either Billy or Phillip Tan that shows Bachalo's ambition. Their baseline is competent, but they certainly don't have Bachalo's highs (or, to be fair, his lows).

Deodato is a mixed bag. His '90s work alternates between competent and awful (especially when he farmed it out to "Deodato Studios"), and his recent work is mostly good, but so much in the vein of Lee Bermejo that it often seems derivative.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I would never say that Bachalo's work is "blah". Impenetrable at (most) times, occasionally inspired, but never "blah". I haven't seen any work from either Billy or Phillip Tan that shows Bachalo's ambition. Their baseline is competent, but they certainly don't have Bachalo's highs (or, to be fair, his lows).

Deodato is a mixed bag. His '90s work alternates between competent and awful (especially when he farmed it out to "Deodato Studios"), and his recent work is mostly good, but so much in the vein of Lee Bermejo that it often seems derivative.
    ambition or not, at least in a Billy Tan comic the reader could tell who is who and what is going on through the panels..

I have never seen an artist load his pages with more useless crap and grit and muck like Bachalo does.

Some of his pages are completely unrecognizable and so messy I have to put the book down...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    ................ i have never seen any resembelence between deadato and bermejos work..... MABYE there use of shadow is similar, but there character styles and such are very different. (note: love both artist, but im just saying)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    ................ i have never seen any resembelence between deadato and bermejos work..... MABYE there use of shadow is similar, but there character styles and such are very different. (note: love both artist, but im just saying)
    and yet both would be worlds better on Uncanny...

I might not even pick up Uncanny now that Bachlo is drawing it. I might just wait out the trades.

BANNED

and yet both would be worlds better on Uncanny...

I might not even pick up Uncanny now that Bachlo is drawing it. I might just wait out the trades.
    oh absolutly, the only thing that makes me optimistic about bachalo on here is im interested to see how he draws cyclops's new beam, and like how he draws magik, other than that yeah blah, and OMG who the hell Ok'ed Magneto having bare arms? its like thor in the 90s having a exposed belly

If I were limiting it to his Marvel work, I would vote Gen X, but I voted other. Steampunk, is his best, followed by the two Death minis, then his body of Marvel work.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco