Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1

    Default Anti-Moniter Vs Galactus

    Just wondering what would happen if these two titans met in Khazan (in a modified Rumbles arena to fit them of course).
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

  2. #2
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,358

    Default

    I might lean towards Galactus. I know AM destroyed universes, but I thought he used machines for that. I also know that his armor at least was able to be breached by Superman. True he fought an amped Spectre, but by the very nature of the Spectre and how his power fluctuates it makes the impressiveness of the feat questionable.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Lancerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I might lean towards Galactus. I know AM destroyed universes, but I thought he used machines for that. I also know that his armor at least was able to be breached by Superman. True he fought an amped Spectre, but by the very nature of the Spectre and how his power fluctuates it makes the impressiveness of the feat questionable.
    Anti Monitor was attacked by almost every hero in the DC universe including Spectre and precrisis kryptonians. He survived. He literally needed a plot device to turn his own power agianst him and then a bunch of othe conveniant things for a pre crisis Earth 2 Superman to finally put him down. And even then he showed remarkable durablility coming in for one last attack when he was nothing more than a burning a head.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Lancerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,363

    Default

    Also its worth noting that we never saw his fullpower post crisis. In SCW he was still not at full and tanked the equivalent of galaxy bomb compressed over a few street blocks. From their he was only weakened enough to be made the power source of the Black Lantern which was powerful enough to cause the Blackest Night debacle. Which he eventually freed himself from. Then he came back one more time and was hurt by the white ring which had an undefined power.

  5. #5
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Anti Monitor was attacked by almost every hero in the DC universe including Spectre and precrisis kryptonians. He survived. He literally needed a plot device to turn his own power agianst him and then a bunch of othe conveniant things for a pre crisis Earth 2 Superman to finally put him down. And even then he showed remarkable durablility coming in for one last attack when he was nothing more than a burning a head.
    Yeah, but there's PC Kryptonians and then..there are PC Kryptonians. Pre Crisis Superman circa 1985 isn't as ridiculously powerful as Pre Crisis Superman circa the 1950's and 1960's. Earth 2 Supes seemed like he'd be closer to the power level of Gladiator as opposed to beings who casually tow dozens of planets.
    Last edited by Surtur; 01-05-2013 at 09:42 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  6. #6
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Yeah, I don't know why people have said he isn't as strong as he was in the Crisis: He doesn't have the Universe destroying tech anymore obviously, but in terms of personal power he seems about the same, minus one PIS showing where Firestorm turned his helmet into hydrogen.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  7. #7
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    In factSCW had a scene where he ignored the warring Lantern Corps in order to raise his hands over his head and charge up an Antimatter wave with the intent of destroying the multiverse in one go, Exploiting New Earth's nature as some sort of keystone universe the rest of the 52 emanated from.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Radical's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,018

    Default

    I can't believe I'm actually seeing a fight where Galactus is the underdog.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

    -Abraham Lincoln

    "We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

    -Grant Morrison to Animal Man, Animal Man #26

  9. #9
    Super Moderator The Watcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Blue Area of The Moon
    Posts
    3,212

    Default

    Has he ever been hit by the Omega Effect and if so in what condition was he afterward? That would help determine how he would fare if he Galactus used The Ultimate Nullifier on him.

  10. #10
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,891

    Default

    Hmm. He never got hit with the OE. Only a laser of some amazing power that blasted him right into a sun.

    Besides, doesn't the UN have better feats in the hands of people far below Darkseid on the cosmic totem pole? It's a great deal more effective, I'd think.

  11. #11
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,358

    Default

    Yeah the UN is vastly superior to the OE unless the OE has suddenly become capable of rebuilding entire universes and making even cosmic beings like Galactus afraid of it. I know Darkseid had some involvement in the defeat of AM, but I'm pretty sure AM was weakened by that point anyways.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  12. #12
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Has he ever been hit by the Omega Effect and if so in what condition was he afterward? That would help determine how he would fare if he Galactus used The Ultimate Nullifier on him.
    When he was nearly beaten, with his armor obliterated, energy leaking from his body and struggling slightly to speak, Darkseid used a remote link to hit him with a beam that blasted him into the heart of a nearby star.

    Afterwards, he streaked out of the star looking like a comet with a face and ranting about how he intends to take as many people as he can down with him. Superman of Earth-2 punched him back into the star, and he died.

    That said, Darkseid's beam was activated by flipping a switch and was blue, neither of which are characteristic of the Omega Effect. He claims to have been preparing the assault since he became aware of Monty though.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  13. #13
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    In factSCW had a scene where he ignored the warring Lantern Corps in order to raise his hands over his head and charge up an Antimatter wave with the intent of destroying the multiverse in one go, Exploiting New Earth's nature as some sort of keystone universe the rest of the 52 emanated from.
    I think it's because he wasn't ignoring a PC Kryptonian attacking him.

    Granted, that PC Supes was toned down going by what was stated earlier in the thread. But he no-sold PC Supes and a bunch of other Silver Age heroes during the fight in the Antimatter Universe, where AM was severely weakened and had to feed on a star to regain his strength.

  14. #14
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    I think it's because he wasn't ignoring a PC Kryptonian attacking him.

    Granted, that PC Supes was toned down going by what was stated earlier in the thread. But he no-sold PC Supes and a bunch of other Silver Age heroes during the fight in the Antimatter Universe, where AM was severely weakened and had to feed on a star to regain his strength.
    Well, when Superboy Prime tossed him across a galaxy he had already been hit by a solar-system busting blast contained into a small area, and fought against the Guardians of the Universe.

    This didn't actually kill him, it just left him weak enough for Nekron to capture... And he survived months being drained by the Black Central Battery before getting headshotted by a Sinestro-Corps sniper using someone emitting White Lantern energy amped by every type of ring excluding Orange.

    People who can say they've killed the Anti-Monitor:

    Earth-2 Superman, by punching him into a star.

    Bedovian, utilizing a teenage girl as a bullet.



    Just in case you were wondering who the most badass invertebrate in the DCU was.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  15. #15
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,891

    Default

    Hmm. Well, I want to say that even the solar busting explosion shouldn't have hurt him (that badly) if he was at full strength. I mean, he was no selling PC Supes and a bunch of other guys at the same time while explictly weakened and needing to feed off a star to regain his power.

    But at the same time, it feels so wrong to claim that. I've already acknowledged that PC Supes was toned down to some really strong but not utterly ridiculous level. And I have no clue about the feats of the other Silver Age heroes at the scene. There's a vast gap in power between the full power and weakened versions of AM, but it doesn't seem like there's really any difference between the two when it comes to durability. The same guys were there back when AM was in some giant white void and in dire need of their lifeforce to travel back to the Big Bang, but he didn't give a crap about their best efforts to hurt him either.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •