Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 222
  1. #136
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    Did you read Batman and Son and the Black Glove (it's now been collected into one deluxe edition called Batman Vs The BLACK gLOVE) because if you didn't then you stood no chance liking RIP. It's part of Morrison's epic run that takes every single version of Batman and puts them into one perfect vision that takes most of it from Dennis O'Neil and the science fiction, Silver Age stories and finds great ways to modernize them into Post Crisis Batman whilst still keeping true to their original vision and I can't recommend it enough. Read in order I think only one issue of Morrison's Batman run is actually complicated. Judging from you're taste I say you would love it. RIP just needs prior knowledge which is why people hated it because they jumped on board for a dumb "Death of Batman" storyline and had to read things prior and the death is more psychological then physical. It also read poorly in monthlies.

    Morrison's run also has Batmite, the Club of Heroes, the Batman of Zur-en-Arrgh, Batcow and Alfred the Cat. And don't deny it, you want to read about Batcow.
    I did. Like I said it's Morrison writing that does me in. When he is controlled like in his JLA run or even All Star Superman I can take him but when he is let loose to do whatever comes to his mind is when I have a serious problem with him like Batman RIP and Final Crisis.

    His Action is ok but it suffers from me not approving of what they did to Superman and his look. I'm very stubborn headed and want what I want. Not afraid to admit that.

  2. #137
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I did. Like I said it's Morrison writing that does me in. When he is controlled like in his JLA run or even All Star Superman I can take him but when he is let loose to do whatever comes to his mind is when I have a serious problem with him like Batman RIP and Final Crisis.
    He had complete control in All Star and creator freedom is a good thing. Editorial control leads to talentless hacks like DeFalco getting jobs because they don't mind interference because they have no good stories to interfere with and they don't mind. RIP really isn't complicated especially when read again. His run is completely badass and probably has the best dynamic duo ever in the form of Dick and Damian (barring Bruce and Dick of course). His JLA run is stuck too much in the godawful 90s. He's probably the most original writer to work in mainstream superhero comics in a while if not ever if we take Watchmen out of the equation(until I become the world's greatest writer).

  3. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    I think when they do a new Batman movie they will just start over. Plus thats just how it goes. You get a couple of movies with one actor and then start over with a new cast and redo the origin, etc.
    I was talking if they made a 4th movie using the Nolanverse. They obviously are going to reboot if the plan is to make a JLA movie.

  4. #139
    Elder Member zryson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,000

    Default

    Aquacatlungfish you don't need to show blood for something to be violent. Also you say what's wrong with a superhero film being violent? Well the counter argument is why does it need to be violent? There's too much violence in todays world as it is. Many people are already scared, depressed, fearful. I wonder why that is? But then violence sells. Its like the old sex argument. But I think its a weak way to do business.

  5. #140
    Elder Member zryson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,000

    Default

    Even if WB wasnt going to do JL I think WB would not continue the Nolan Batman universe which in my opinion is a good thing.

  6. #141
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    He had complete control in All Star and creator freedom is a good thing. Editorial control leads to talentless hacks like DeFalco getting jobs because they don't mind interference because they have no good stories to interfere with and they don't mind. RIP really isn't complicated especially when read again. His run is completely badass and probably has the best dynamic duo ever in the form of Dick and Damian (barring Bruce and Dick of course). His JLA run is stuck too much in the godawful 90s. He's probably the most original writer to work in mainstream superhero comics in a while if not ever if we take Watchmen out of the equation(until I become the world's greatest writer).

    Well it will all be over in 1 more issue. He has lost his smile and want's to go home and do other things. I wish him well in his future endeavors. We move on to the next writer who brings new ideas and new hope.

    I just wish he would have taken Didio and Lee with him
    Last edited by Lexrules; 01-08-2013 at 01:32 PM.

  7. #142
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Aquacatlungfish you don't need to show blood for something to be violent. Also you say what's wrong with a superhero film being violent? Well the counter argument is why does it need to be violent? There's too much violence in todays world as it is. Many people are already scared, depressed, fearful. I wonder why that is? But then violence sells. Its like the old sex argument. But I think its a weak way to do business.
    You get too scared, depressed and fearful and don't seem to separate films from reality. Nolan wanted to tell a story of a more real world Batman from what we're usually see to make it stand out and if you want to raise the stakes in a more real world world you go with terrorism and terrorist attacks on American soil really shouldn't be taken lightly in films today. Whilst Nolan's films are more real than usual films are you should still separate them from reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Well it will all be over in 1 more issue. He has lost his smile and want's to go home and do other things. I wish him well in his future endeavors. We move on to the next writer who brings new ideas and new hope.

    I just wish he would have taken Didio and Lee with him
    Don't remind me. Batman Inc is ending in June but he still has Wonder Woman: Earth One and Multiversity as well as independent work (Happy is awesome) but I'll miss his flavor of writing on Batman and Superman. Dropping Action after he leaves.
    Last edited by Aquacatlungfish; 01-08-2013 at 01:36 PM.

  8. #143
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    You get too scared, depressed and fearful and don't seem to separate films from reality. Nolan wanted to tell a story of a more real world Batman from what we're usually see to make it stand out and if you want to raise the stakes in a more real world world you go with terrorism and terrorist attacks on American soil really shouldn't be taken lightly in films today. Whilst Nolan's films are more real than usual films are you should still separate them from reality.



    Don't remind me. Batman Inc is ending in June but he still has Wonder Woman: Earth One and Multiversity as well as independent work (Happy is awesome) but I'll miss his flavor of writing on Batman and Superman. Dropping Action after he leaves.
    May I ask why? I mean why don't you stay on and see what the new writer does. Are you a fan of Superman or just reading it because Morrison is writing it?

  9. #144
    God Of Tokusatsu Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    64,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
    The sad truth is that our modern entertainment culture (and this crosses all genres and mediums - comic books, video games, movies, music, etc...) is mired in this grimdark milieu.

    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

  10. #145
    Senior Member Cypher-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    ^Cool to see another toku fan.

    Kick Ass is good but, its a rare example of todays modern standards.

    Even if this film turns out to be about Super Depressed Man, I'm still excited for what it is. Just because is Superman. Even if it doesnt seem very Super.

  11. #146
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    May I ask why? I mean why don't you stay on and see what the new writer does. Are you a fan of Superman or just reading it because Morrison is writing it?
    a. I need to drop some books and Action is 3.99
    b. Tony Daniel is trying to run a race against David Finch for most overrated artist. But Daniel's Superman is better than Finch's.
    c. Ties into Lobdell's Superman which is shit.
    d. Might have Wonder Woman and I don't understand the appeal of pairing Superman with Superman with tits.
    e. Upcoming crossovers ahead.
    I have nothing against Diggle and don't mind him but that's enough for me to drop it.

  12. #147
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Aquacatlungfish you don't need to show blood for something to be violent. Also you say what's wrong with a superhero film being violent? Well the counter argument is why does it need to be violent? There's too much violence in todays world as it is. Many people are already scared, depressed, fearful. I wonder why that is? But then violence sells. Its like the old sex argument. But I think its a weak way to do business.
    People are scared, depressed and fearful because of real world concerns, finances etc. Not because of Batman.

    It irritates me that people would rather point to works of fiction as a source and completely disregard the fact that human nature has, since the dawn of time, been prone to violence.

    We are not violent because of external forces, we are violent because it's written into our DNA.

  13. #148
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    a. I need to drop some books and Action is 3.99
    b. Tony Daniel is trying to run a race against David Finch for most overrated artist. But Daniel's Superman is better than Finch's.
    c. Ties into Lobdell's Superman which is shit.
    d. Might have Wonder Woman and I don't understand the appeal of pairing Superman with Superman with tits.
    e. Upcoming crossovers ahead.
    I have nothing against Diggle and don't mind him but that's enough for me to drop it.
    That's cool bud.

  14. #149
    Senior Member adkal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    Pixar-ised version - in case folks haven't seen it:


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Man of Steel.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	106948

  15. #150
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    So many wins in such a little post.
    I know.Seeing as no one replied they know im right

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •