Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Kinda looks like the military's got his back in this one. Prolly after a speech convincing them he's the only one who can stop Zod or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher-Z View Post
    Dark colors.

"Maybe you should let them die"

Its like a Superman movie thats ashamed to be a Superman movie.
    To be fair, once again, that's not an actually quote from the movie.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Well,

"Should I let them die"
    "Maybe"

Even worse.

Well,

"Should I let them die"
    "Maybe"

Even worse.
    Until I see the final cut for how that scene is portrayed I'm withholding judgement on it. There's too many possibilities for how it could play out.

Well yeah I got over it for the most part.

Film still looks like a Superman film thats ashed of being a Superman film.

EDIT: actually, never mind, dealt with this crap enough times.
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 01-07-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Yeah that amazing scene where he's leaving the FOS and blasts into space at super speeds, leaving a dent in the ground just screams "we're embarrassed of Superman"

I can't believe that just because Superman's tones in his suite are a darker approach in color pallet that it's getting compared to a horror film! Lmao. Did I see that right? I'm reading these posts fast but I think it's time to get over the cartooney RED, YELLOW AND BLUE colors smashing against your pupils in order for anything "Superman" to succeed. I love the entire look of this film. Even though it has a certain "blue tone" picture to it, it still seems vivid in its own way.

I honestly do believe there's a REASON why we haven't seen the suit in it's entirety yet. I mean, full blown, frontal shot IN LIGHT ready to glisten. They aren't going to show the goods quite yet. Even in the trailer, we get very quick flash's of what direction MOS is going in. Hell, even the shot of the suite at the end of trailer #2 being displayed looks as Superman as it comes! Huge, dominating crest with a big 'ol RED S to go with it. Editing and lighting of the film could make the suite look as flashy as it comes in its own respective color pallet. I truly do hate when people have their own image of Superman and only "THEIR" Superman image applies to all-things-Superman.

MOS is just another step in the evolution of an 75 year old character. I can't control myself with the wait of this new progression in the Superman mythos. People really should let go of what they believe is "their" image of Superman and just allow the character to grow in its own circumstances and MOS is the next step in the Superman evolution.
    Last edited by Tra-EL; 01-07-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    The pale washed out look of the film does nothing to actually improve it. If anything it just reinforces that this will be a dark grim take on the man of steel who struggles to fit into a world that is suspicious and paranoid. Its sad in many retrospects that WB seem to think they have to mirror the Dark Knight movies to Superman. But Superman isnt dark. He isnt grim. He's a larger than life superhero. And if this is the kind of direction they are moving in for their superhero division, I doubt Justice League will get off the ground let alone be a huge success because if Superman is to be the cornerstone they are building the JL around, then I think their plans for their superheroes on the big screen could be in trouble.
    It might do well-people like miserable stuff it seems. No fans nowadays really get Superman, so expecting filmmakers to is a stretch. The threat is for the movie to boring, weighted down by it's own pretentiousness. That I could see happening. It's not going to be a Green Lantern type bomb because they cast a real actor in the lead.

DC/WB has been ashamed of Superman for years and that's not going to change. If they were proud of the character, the costume would be classic and the colors vivid. They've been asking for years, "What's wrong with Superman?", when the main thing "wrong" with him is the twits who own the character.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

hi Kurosawa the thing I find disingenuous on WB behalf when it comes to their superheroes, they don't seem to credit the audience with a lot of intelligence (though its not just limited to WB) and that every nuance and detail of the backstory has to be explained in order for audiences to be able to relate to the characters they are seeing on screen.

I also wonder if what you said about WB being ashamed of Superman might be true as they seem to be making him more like Batman rather than playing up the positive Superman angle. But again I think WB panicked when it came to Superman Returns, it wasn't the blockbuster they were hoping it to be so rather than go the safe route, they decided once and for all, to take as many risks with the material as they could, to really deliver a very different kind of Superman movie, though the word Superman seems to be omitted for Man of Steel. Even his once bright larger than life costume, which has been world famous for decades, has been muted into a foreboding dark costume where you cannot even seen the logo on the front easily. Its almost like saying well we want to do a Superman movie but we also want to play down the largeness of the hero so audiences can walk into a theater and relate to his backstory and ultimately him.

I don't see any similarities with Batman. Where Supes's mask and utility belt?

I don't see a single similarity with Batman either. And while the colors of the costume in every screen so far have definitely been muted, I think it takes it a few steps too far to call it at all foreboding. Its still a mix of blue red and yellow with a flowing red cape. That's not foreboding by any understanding I have of the definition.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Here is the full version of the new promotional pic from http://www.warnerbros.fr/

-"Can you describe the man you saw?"

-- "Yes, officer. He was a pale man, wearing all black."

I get really annoyed by the idea that Superman isn't Superman unless he's wearing the most colourful suit imaginable. The character is far more than that.

As for tone, I must have imagined some of the darker themed Superman books I've loved..............

One of the most iconic characters in human history is allowed to evolve for pity's sake!