Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    From what I understand, Bill Griffith actually did try to get a Zippy movie made some years ago. He eventually gave up because the various people who showed interest kept wanting Bill to shave Zippy and turn it into a children's show.
    He talks about it a lot in "Lost and Found," and just talked about it in Friday strip (that I can't seem to link to directly, but it's 3/15/13).
    "It's just lines on paper, folks!"

Quote Originally Posted by MDG View Post
    He talks about it a lot in "Lost and Found," and just talked about it in Friday strip (that I can't seem to link to directly, but it's 3/15/13).
    Cool, thanks! "complete control..."" and then trials off...

Quote Originally Posted by MDG View Post
    Cool, thanks! "complete control..."" and then trials off...

Veteran Member

Maybe everyone already knows about this but I just heard the other day that there's going to be a movie based on the Hercules comic from a couple years or so back, "The Thracian Wars", starring Dwayne Johnson. I read the comics - good story and pretty good version of Heracles as a character, but I didn't like the characterisations of some of the supporting characters from Greek myth - in particular Meleager and Tydeus. You could see the writer was up on his mythology, because everything he did was derived in some way from those stories, I just thought his interpretation was dumbed down and shallow - "comic book" IOW, in the negative sense of the term. All the same, I'm interested in the film. I think Johnson is a capable guy and obviously has the physical size and presence to pull off the title role.

I think the Creature Commandos could work as a series or an animated feature.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I didn't have time to read the whole thread so this one may have already been mentioned....

Challengers of the Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    I think the Creature Commandos could work as a series or an animated feature.
    Ooh, that's kind of fun. Like Drac Pack.
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

get alan moore to write it
    he have drac and wolfie shaggin within the first page
    Knight is not dead he's just waiting for a new steed

I would like to see something done with the Hugo Gernsback book Ultimate World. It would probably work better as a movie than a series. They could make the aliens really terrifying and end the film with a nice message of hope.
    Last edited by Ood Omega; 04-06-2013 at 03:40 AM.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    From what I understand, Bill Griffith actually did try to get a Zippy movie made some years ago. He eventually gave up because the various people who showed interest kept wanting Bill to shave Zippy and turn it into a children's show.
    i love zippy
    Knight is not dead he's just waiting for a new steed

I can't remember if anyone has suggested it but Maus should be made into an animated mini series. Changing the format to animation could help to bring the story to a wider audience and make it more accessible. I wonder if Art Spiegelman would ever be interested in doing something like that.

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Something I doubt we will ever see, but something I think if tackled by a strong director, could be an interested movie.....a movie about Mr. A

Now, I have only read about Mr. A but I find his character intriguing. Not sure how you could make a big story, but the idea of a guy who views justice and actions as black or white could be intriguing. Thing is, does Mr. A have any villains/major opponents? If not, I have an easy solution. Why not just use another one of Ditko's creations, the Creeper? Let us say that Rex Graine and Jack Ryder are friends...heck, one is a reporter, the other a tv talk show host so their paths would likely connect. Well suppose they became friends, maybe teamed up for a bit. So basically, we would get two characters intertwined in an interesting origin story.

Long story short, Ryder/Creeper eventually begins to lose control, becoming two different people and his Creeper side is a side that Mr. A cannot live or accept based on his rules so, former great friends begin to go against one another. Like I said, if told right, could have a really good story interwoven with some classic characters from the great Steve Ditko that I would just love to see on the silver screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mra.jpg   creeper4.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    I think Guy Davis' The Marquis has some serious silver screen potential.

And, with the right director (aka NOT Tim Burton), I think someone could pull off an amazing Little Nemo in Slumberland.
    Agreed on both counts. I love The Marquis as well. Has major potential to work. Get someone like a good French director to get that European feel

Burton's been s**t for a while now. Honestly he's made like 4 good solid films out of the 30 he's made...that's a terrible director, IMO. Style yes, but he sacrifices story to make it quirky but didn't work.

Here's a property that would be fun to see adapted...

"If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

I'd like to see a proper Western movie featuring Bat Lash. I think if done well it could be pretty entertaining. Aside from hiring a competent director WB needs to cast the right charismatic actor to play the part. I think one of the mistakes they made with the Jonah Hex movie is they treated it like a bad comic book movie instead of a making a proper Western out of it.

BANNED

Alien Legion.