Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 90
  1. #31
    Blue Boba ABH-1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntikrst View Post
    As hard as it is to "just say no", dissatisfied customers should vote with their wallet instead of supporting things they don't like.
    No one likes to be "out-voted," though. People want to vote with their wallet (by not buying something) in hopes that it will flounder and eventually be re-worked into the version they do like. When it doesn't work out that way, the complaints come.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntikrst View Post
    But I totally agree with you that nobody should be telling people they don't have a right to complain about their purchases.
    Well, I think some of us on the other side of this, are just amazed how someone would continually frustrate themselves by buying something they don't like. But maybe that's the level of fan people like Lexrules are. A true Scotsman, indeed.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

  2. #32
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    No one likes to be "out-voted," though. People want to vote with their wallet (by not buying something) in hopes that it will flounder and eventually be re-worked into the version they do like. When it doesn't work out that way, the complaints come.



    Well, I think some of us on the other side of this, are just amazed how someone would continually frustrate themselves by buying something they don't like. But maybe that's the level of fan people like Lexrules are. A true Scotsman, indeed.
    Hey.. I'm half Irish buddy, and Italian but none of this really matter anyway.

    What was I saying

  3. #33
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    I feel for you. It breaks my heart to see what Didio, Johns and the like are doing to my beloved Question (who the fudge reboots a street level character into a cosmic?) but with a character like Superman that isn't much of a problem. Superman has had at least 2 ongoings since 1939 and there's plenty of great content you probably haven't read so read that. Vote with your wallet. If you don't buy this crossover then the editorial will take note and change the creative teams to those who are better. So while you may not buy Superman comics now you'll probably get good Superman comics later. You also have the awesomeness of Action right now to satisify you. Morrison is knocking it out of the park with this last arc. Gonna miss him though (I'll probably drop it).

    As a whole it's better for the industry if you favor creators over characters. The comic industry will never be successful as other industries if finite or original projects don't become more popular. There's room for superhero ongoings but they need to shrink. Letting crappy comics like Superman thrive isn't helping.
    I know. But I read Superman and could really care less who writes him as long as they get the job they are paid to do done and understand the character.

    To me a writer is a dime a dozen paid to advance the character I love story. I've been blasted so often for that view but that is how I will always see it.

  4. #34
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    "You just can't know how it feels to not have your fix.":
    Sorry, I just couldn't resist, I mean, guys, chill out. It's just pretty drawings sold way too expensively for what it is. All you're doing is virtually support a direction that you hate, that's the funny part. If you follow a character despite said character becoming the "opposite" (or so you say anyway) of what you loved in him in the first place, you're not caring for the character, you're buying 3 dollars worth of cheap paper because it has a "S" on it, plain and simple.
    But hey, the commercials at DC are very happy that you guys are always there to give them a little support, even when you think what they're doing is terrible. Of course, that means they will keep doing what you hate (why change something that works?), but I'm sure they're very thankful
    Seriously, you're right, I think I will never get it.
    I have a itch just can't scratch Man......

  5. #35
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I know. But I read Superman and could really care less who writes him as long as they get the job they are paid to do done and understand the character.

    To me a writer is a dime a dozen paid to advance the character I love story. I've been blasted so often for that view but that is how I will always see it.
    a writer wants to write a story and uses the character and setting to advance the story to his advantage.

  6. #36
    Blue Boba ABH-1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Hey.. I'm half Irish buddy, and Italian but none of this really matter anyway.

    What was I saying
    In reference to this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    You people who just say quit reading have no clue. You most likely have no love for the character and just read it because its something to do. If you love Superman and have read it as many have you don't just turn it off. The character becomes a part of your life and your heart.

    So please stop saying just don't buy it and walk away because you obviously have no idea what your talking about because you most likely never cared deeply for the character as some do on here.
    You can't stop reading Superman, no matter how badly he might be written, because you're a true Superman fan. The "Scotsman" remark was just a reference to the "No True Scotsman" argument.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

  7. #37
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    In reference to this:



    You can't stop reading Superman, no matter how badly he might be written, because you're a true Superman fan. The "Scotsman" remark was just a reference to the "No True Scotsman" argument.
    I know, I was making a bad joke.

  8. #38
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    a writer wants to write a story and uses the character and setting to advance the story to his advantage.
    Well I always saw them as a means to increase my enjoyment of the character. Superman has been around longer then they have and will be here long after their gone. Or any of us for that matter.

    The Character IMO should always come first.

  9. #39
    Elder Member zryson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,064

    Default

    I agree. Superman is the lead player, the focus should be on him. I thought the same sentiment for the new 52 Wonder Woman where everyone seemed to have more focus than Diana did. I think the dis-satisfaction with the Superman comic books atm is pretty high and for good reason.

  10. #40
    Blue Boba ABH-1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I know, I was making a bad joke.
    Heh, joke's on me, then.

    I'll never be a true Scotsman -- Irish, English, French, German, Dutch, (if not more) over here.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

  11. #41
    The-One-Above-All robcastor729's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Goleta, Ca
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    I have lost interest in the books in "H'EL ON EARTH" my interest was weary from the start
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

  12. #42
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    It's been reviewed pretty well (last issue in particular) and on this site most have been saying Lobdell has written the best issue of Superman since the new 52 started. Others even say that it was the best Superman issue they've read in some years (again last issue in particular).

    I also really liked it.


    As for the thread: H'el is a very typical bad guy with very typical motives at the moment and the book is weaker for that. But I don't think the point of the X-over is more about the Super character and how they are effected by everything, and in that regard the book has done a fantastic job. I'll wait till the end of all this to pass judgment on H'el a villain and character.

    So far I love the X-over.

  13. #43
    Elder Member zryson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,064

    Default

    Well you're not alone in that. When people say how do we save the comic industry I often say the comic industry itself does itself no favors. They take a wafer-thin storyline and then drag it out.

  14. #44
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The True North, strong and free!
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    No one likes to be "out-voted," though. People want to vote with their wallet (by not buying something) in hopes that it will flounder and eventually be re-worked into the version they do like. When it doesn't work out that way, the complaints come.
    If people have income to dispose, by all means w/e floats their boat. I've got to wonder if they're just rationalizing their addiction to brand loyalty though. I quit Superman after 30 years of collecting and it was almost as hard as quitting smoking, tbh.

    Well, I think some of us on the other side of this, are just amazed how someone would continually frustrate themselves by buying something they don't like. But maybe that's the level of fan people like Lexrules are. A true Scotsman, indeed.
    I don't get it either, I can't support creators over franchises anymore just out of principle. On the other hand, if comic books weren't so expensive, I wouldn't have to be so mindful of my purchases.

    Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    You can't stop reading Superman, no matter how badly he might be written, because you're a true Superman fan.
    Eeeeyyysshh. That's not the definition of a true Superman fan, more like a sycophant drone who has been victimized by corporate brand loyalty. True Superman fans live with the ideals of Truth and Justice in their hearts are an asset to their community in one way or another.

    \S/ Tattoos don't hurt either.

  15. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Frozen Reptile View Post
    The problem is, for 35 years the Super-Family has been number one for me (easily more than one-third of my collection.) It's really hard to stop buying.
    I went through that with spiderman in the late 90s and xmen in the early 2000s. I just found something else to read instead to fill the spot. It dosent ruin the comics i collected to that point just because it ended. I still enjoy going back and reading them thru and feel as though they are a complete collection. It is hard to let go tho.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •