Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Mephisto appears and points and laughs.
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

Naw, they will milk this for all its worth.

Spidey Ock will eventually go bad sometime in the next year, year in a half. Peter will somehow get his body back, but the damage will be done. He will lose his job, lose his friends, lose his spot on the Avengers and will become public menance #1 in NY once agian.

This is just an elaborate way to set Peter Parker back to square one... broke, down on his luck, hated like the good ol days

I think Peter's body contains his soul. Even though his mind is elsewhere, it doesn't matter. So we will see Peter grow back into being in his body over time. And...his memories are all there still, so...eventually Ock will either fade away or be moved out forcibly by Peter.

But in SSM #1? We'll see just a glimmer of something that might be Peter in the actions of SSM.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post

Spidey Ock will eventually go bad sometime in the next year, year in a half. Peter will somehow get his body back, but the damage will be done. He will lose his job, lose his friends, lose his spot on the Avengers and will become public menance #1 in NY once agian.

This is just an elaborate way to set Peter Parker back to square one... broke, down on his luck, hated like the good ol days
    I think that is most likely to happen.

The Superior SpideyClone SpideyClone's Avatar

God I hope not. Just means back to the same ol' status quo. Other heroes get to move forward, but Spidey always has to go back...

I hope not! Some progress is what makes Spider-Man more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Number_5 View Post
    How lame for the new, super-hyped, Marvel NOW! status-quo to display it's escape hatch/backdoor/out so obviously in the very first issue (hypothetical situation, of course).
    Not really. Most readers dont like the idea of PP being dead. The sooner its rectified the better. Whether its PPs personality begining to re-emerge or it being in the gold octobot, it will be revealed PP is not really dead.

Quote Originally Posted by JTRobin View Post
    God I hope not. Just means back to the same ol' status quo. Other heroes get to move forward, but Spidey always has to go back...
    Because that's the core of Spider-Man. Future generations shouldn't be denied those kinds of stories.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

I agree with most everyone here. They will show that Peter is still in his body. The idea about bringing Parker back to a down on his luck character sounds unnecessary. Reading BND up to getting his job at Horizon was great. I felt happy for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOther View Post
    The idea about bringing Parker back to a down on his luck character sounds unnecessary. Reading BND up to getting his job at Horizon was great. I felt happy for the character.
    And now you'll feel sad for him. Human experience (and dramatic experience) can (and should?) include all emotions, not just the fuzzy ones.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    And now you'll feel sad for him. Human experience (and dramatic experience) can (and should?) include all emotions, not just the fuzzy ones.
    But it will just feel contrived. There are other ways to make me and others feel a negative/sad emotion for PP other than ruining his life.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOther View Post
    But it will just feel contrived. There are other ways to make me and others feel a negative/sad emotion for PP other than ruining his life.
    All of fiction is contrived.

Because that's the core of Spider-Man. Future generations shouldn't be denied those kinds of stories.
    Two things:
    1) Moving forward despite intense adversity was a core part of Peter Parker's character until OMD and arguably continued to be a core part of his character despite Quesada's best efforts.
    2)There are already plenty of those kinds of stories for future generations. Spider-man is a popular enough character that all his stories will eventually end up collected in Essentials or Marvel Masterworks

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDracul View Post
    2)There are already plenty of those kinds of stories for future generations. Spider-man is a popular enough character that all his stories will eventually end up collected in Essentials or Marvel Masterworks
    You know that's not what I meant.

You know that's not what I meant.
    I know that's not what you meant, that was me disagreeing with you and pointing out your sentiment was flawed.