1. I can understand Nova being based closer to Earth. If Richard was still Nova, it would have made sense if he was based on a satellite orbiting the Earth. So if Earth was being invaded, he could respond and stop the threat before it even got here. And if something big was threatening New York, Los Angeles, etc, he could respond. I still think it made no sense that Richard was not front in center when the Skrulls invaded Earth. He was protecting every other planet, except his own. When he did get involved, it was in his own title and only to protect Project Pegasus. This is where Marvel editorial should have gotten involved and said "um, Bendis, maybe we should have Nova help the Avengers in this little invasion."
2. Guardians of the Galaxy should not be Earth based - if their job is to guard the galaxy. Only Peter and Drax have some degree of Earth roots. Now, I can see them being based on a satellite near Earth and responding to any planetary invasion in the galaxy - invasions approaching Earth or other occupied planets. But I don't see why Gamera, Rocket, or Groot would have any interest in primarily protecting the Earth. I'm interested in finding out how they work this title.
Gamora, maybe. But Groot's first appearance was a story based on Earth.
And Rocket Raccoon is a huge fan of Earth. His favorite movie is Beaches. The SE DVD set which he bought on Ebay.
Not to mention as shown in Avengers Assemble, he also knows the best pizza places in New York.
Plus there's this:
Last edited by Beast; 01-06-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.
True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!
2 quick points in regards to where Nova and the GOYG should be based.
1. Nova (regardless if he is Richard Rider or Sam Alexander) should be based on Earth since (as originally created) he was a mostly Earth bound hero, not a space cop/protector of the yniverse like some later writers (including DnA) wrongly turned him and the rest of the Nova Corps into. Despite what some fans and creators might think/believe, Nova (and the rest of the Nova Corps) is NOT and SHOULD NOT be similar to the Green Lantern Corps. Again, the Nova Corps original mission statement was to prpotect the planet Xanadar NOT the whole damn universe.
2. Since this current version of the GOTG are beling led by Star-Lord, their base of operations should be mobile abord Quill's sentient spaceship.
The power was not given to Richard to protect Earth. Rhoman Dey (spelling), his predecessor gave him the Nova Force because he, Dey, was too injured to chase and capture an intergalactic murderer. So Dey said "I hope the guy I'm giving the power too is worthy."
Now if you read, I believe, the "Star Lost" saga, where the Corps was reborn, you would see the Corps was to be a more galactic force.
Last edited by Series5Ranger; 01-07-2013 at 08:54 AM.
2. Where in my post did I say that Nova was given his powers to protect Earth? I said that as originally created he was a mostly Earth bound hero.
Hence becoming a GLC ripoff. Why go down a route that is already currently being occupied by another hero/heroes?Now if you read, I believe, the "Star Lost" saga, where the Corps was reborn, you would see the Corps was to be a more galactic force.
I'm a big fan of Marvel cosmic and they have so much potential. Not happy about a new Nova but I understand why they did it.
(same with Marvel's magic-verse...so much potential)