Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I never said I want to stick it to all of Marvel. If i didnt like all of Marvel it's a definite that one wouldnt be here.
    Read your posts. You made a comment about sticking it to Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by stingerman View Post
    Hope Bendis and Loeb cosmic fails.

Join the boycott.
    This! Two of my favorite comics ever relaunched with two of the worst writers.

Quote Originally Posted by mdg1 View Post
    I wonder how "galactic" this new GOTG series will be. If I'm reading things correctly, this series will have MUCH closer ties to Earth (which is a mistake, IMO, and one of the things DnA were right to change).
    Two things about the Nova and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

1. I can understand Nova being based closer to Earth. If Richard was still Nova, it would have made sense if he was based on a satellite orbiting the Earth. So if Earth was being invaded, he could respond and stop the threat before it even got here. And if something big was threatening New York, Los Angeles, etc, he could respond. I still think it made no sense that Richard was not front in center when the Skrulls invaded Earth. He was protecting every other planet, except his own. When he did get involved, it was in his own title and only to protect Project Pegasus. This is where Marvel editorial should have gotten involved and said "um, Bendis, maybe we should have Nova help the Avengers in this little invasion."

2. Guardians of the Galaxy should not be Earth based - if their job is to guard the galaxy. Only Peter and Drax have some degree of Earth roots. Now, I can see them being based on a satellite near Earth and responding to any planetary invasion in the galaxy - invasions approaching Earth or other occupied planets. But I don't see why Gamera, Rocket, or Groot would have any interest in primarily protecting the Earth. I'm interested in finding out how they work this title.

Gamora, maybe. But Groot's first appearance was a story based on Earth.

And Rocket Raccoon is a huge fan of Earth. His favorite movie is Beaches. The SE DVD set which he bought on Ebay.

Not to mention as shown in Avengers Assemble, he also knows the best pizza places in New York.

Plus there's this:

Last edited by Beast; 01-06-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    And Rocket Raccoon is a huge fan of Earth. His favorite movie is Beaches. The SE DVD set which he bought on Ebay.

Not to mention as shown in Avengers Assemble, he also knows the best pizza places in New York.

Plus there's this:

Well he should be a fan of Earth since that is where his (and the rest of his animal friends from that insane asylum planet he was born on) ancestors come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    Well he should be a fan of Earth since that is where his (and the rest of his animal friends from that insane asylum planet he was born on) ancestors come from.
    I don't believe their original home planet was ever stated or even suggested as being Earth.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

2 quick points in regards to where Nova and the GOYG should be based.

1. Nova (regardless if he is Richard Rider or Sam Alexander) should be based on Earth since (as originally created) he was a mostly Earth bound hero, not a space cop/protector of the yniverse like some later writers (including DnA) wrongly turned him and the rest of the Nova Corps into. Despite what some fans and creators might think/believe, Nova (and the rest of the Nova Corps) is NOT and SHOULD NOT be similar to the Green Lantern Corps. Again, the Nova Corps original mission statement was to prpotect the planet Xanadar NOT the whole damn universe.

2. Since this current version of the GOTG are beling led by Star-Lord, their base of operations should be mobile abord Quill's sentient spaceship.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I don't believe their original home planet was ever stated or even suggested as being Earth.
    IIRC, that was originally the intent, but for whatever reason it was never officially stated in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    2 quick points in regards to where Nova and the GOYG should be based.

1. Nova (regardless if he is Richard Rider or Sam Alexander) should be based on Earth since (as originally created) he was a mostly Earth bound hero, not a space cop/protector of the yniverse like some later writers (including DnA) wrongly turned him and the rest of the Nova Corps into. Despite what some fans and creators might think/believe, Nova (and the rest of the Nova Corps) is NOT and SHOULD NOT be similar to the Green Lantern Corps. Again, the Nova Corps original mission statement was to prpotect the planet Xanadar NOT the whole damn universe.

2. Since this current version of the GOTG are beling led by Star-Lord, their base of operations should be mobile abord Quill's sentient spaceship.
    If you read the first Nova series, you would see the Nova Force (and its members) belongs to the Corps. Nova's powers were taken from him in "Rom" because he wanted to come home and fight against the Dire Wraiths. Richard was told his powers were needed with the Corps and if he did not stay and help the Corps in their wars, he had to give up his powers. He said, I'll go home, so he was sent home, without the Nova Force.

The power was not given to Richard to protect Earth. Rhoman Dey (spelling), his predecessor gave him the Nova Force because he, Dey, was too injured to chase and capture an intergalactic murderer. So Dey said "I hope the guy I'm giving the power too is worthy."

Now if you read, I believe, the "Star Lost" saga, where the Corps was reborn, you would see the Corps was to be a more galactic force.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    Read your posts. You made a comment about sticking it to Marvel.
    Yeah, read my posts, the conversation was about GotG.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Then we still win! Thanks!

BY the way that book you're buying is about "some punk kid with Nova powers get his ass handed to him every other month," be prepared to get mad at those old comics too.

SW
    I already have those old issues, and read them so it's a case of "been there done that". Why would I get mad about what happens to a comic book character? The only way I can show that I don't like the direction a character or group is taking is to not buy the books they appear in, or stop buying a title I'm already collecting.
    Last edited by Series5Ranger; 01-07-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Brown View Post
    Maleev isn't the draw that McNiven is. The book will do great.
    Care to define "great"?

Quote Originally Posted by 40yearoldnovafan View Post
    If you read the first Nova series, you would see the Nova Force (and its members) belongs to the Corps. Nova's powers were taken from him in "Rom" because he wanted to come home and fight against the Dire Wraiths. Richard was told his powers were needed with the Corps and if he did not stay and help the Corps in their wars, he had to give up his powers. He said, I'll go home, so he was sent home, without the Nova Force.

The power was not given to Richard to protect Earth. Rhoman Dey (spelling), his predecessor gave him the Nova Force because he, Dey, was too injured to chase and capture an intergalactic murderer. So Dey said "I hope the guy I'm giving the power too is worthy."
    1. I'm quite aware of Nova's history (I own some of the original series, including the first issue).

2. Where in my post did I say that Nova was given his powers to protect Earth? I said that as originally created he was a mostly Earth bound hero.

Now if you read, I believe, the "Star Lost" saga, where the Corps was reborn, you would see the Corps was to be a more galactic force.
    Hence becoming a GLC ripoff. Why go down a route that is already currently being occupied by another hero/heroes?

I'm a big fan of Marvel cosmic and they have so much potential. Not happy about a new Nova but I understand why they did it.

(same with Marvel's magic-verse...so much potential)