Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post
    Wow that actually sounds like a pretty fun comic! Perfect for a mini.
    Me, I want HOWARD THE DUCK AGENT OF S.W.O.R.D
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    Why do you hope they fail? Why are you boycotting? You haven't read them yet. What if they're great? What if Bendis' Guardians is as great as his All-New X-Men is?

You're a bad comic fan.
    I'm a Bendis fan, but the greatness of his All-New X-Men is a matter of perspective. People have different tastes. Also, some writers have lost the trust of certain readers, making them fear what will be done to their favorites. Many cosmic fans are incredibly upset at Nova not being brought back with Thanos and Star-Lord, making them feel that Bendis and Loeb killed the character in doing so.

You have to hand it to Axel and company. They might anger people with moves like Superior Spider-Man or killing off younger characters like those in Avengers Arena but Axel and the crew at Marvel are doing a fantastic job lately of spotlighting some characters we want to see. Black Panther is a character I've been wanting in the spotlight for years, but his solo attempts always eventually come to an end unlike a Spider-Man, Wolverine etc who might get new titles but always have a solo out there. So what they do is spotlight Black Panther on New Avengers with a top-notch writer like Hickman and fantastic art. Same as Black Widow who couldn't maintain a solo title but put her in Winter Soldier (sometimes more than the lead character) and she is more interesting than ever. Cosmic titles always have a tough time surviving for long with Silver Surfer and Guardians of the Galaxy in the 80's/90's being exceptions to the rule on the long-term so they make an effort to connect it to characters you do care about like an Iron Man etc (as well as putting top-notch teams on those titles). It's a formula for success. Black Panther will be seen as cooler when he stands out among Namor, Mr Fantastic etc but also there is buildup for Black Bolt which is a cool character with lots of potential. Then you have Hickman's Avengers which mixes the popular with the "cosmic" the popular to draw fans in and keep their attention those cosmic ones to spotlight characters and get the rub from popular ones (also why Wolverine is on almost every team to give the rub to other characters and get fans caring about them). You mix the world of the Avengers with the world of X-Men in Uncanny Avengers and you got the meeting of Marvel's top two brands which is instant popularity (though it could be executed better by being on time which is why they should have some issues in the can before releasing the first especially with someone like Casaday).

Wondering who Axel is referring to about the announcements in 2013. I'd love something with Silver Surfer, but the character has a tougher time maintaining an audience even with popular characters like those in Defenders. We all know about Secret Avengers, Uncanny X-Men and is there any doubt Amazing Spider-Man will make an eventual return? (like Uncanny X-Men). There are huge hints at Heroes for Hire which will be a tough sell but with Bendis and his passion for the characters they have a better chance especially since it will get top notch art. I'd love something relating to Alpha Flight (Alpha Omega Beta whatever) and there are hints at that in preview pages for Avengers. How about a West Coast Avengers squad? I can think up a good 30 or so really cool unused Avengers despite all those used in Hickman/Remender's/Parker's and the Secret & Assemble titles. Again Marvel is being smart as some solo characters don't sell as well long-term (Punisher) so for the first time he will be on a team of like-minded individuals as well as get various mini-series (which is the way Marvel needs to handle characters who can't maintain a solo title like Black Panther or Black Widow, it also demands that the stories and art be top notch to sell). Having them on teams will help build up their popularity as often times in the past they went solo without that team-rub in popularity. For the first time in forever it seems someone is doing something with 616 Sunfire. Despite some problems as to what they are doing with Spider-Man (and really despite what they say you know he's gotta come back eventually) for the most part the people at Marvel are doing a spectacular job spotlighting characters I like. I hope it keeps up with Alpha Flight, West Coast Avengers, Silver Surfer etc.

I am curious to see how much, if at all, the $3.99 price hinders Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova. We have recently seen with Moon Knight and Defenders that an A-list creative team on a B-list property does not guarantee sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Kn1ghtmare View Post
    What happened to the Annihilators? I would of thought they would at least get a mention.
    That was a awfull mini serie.They just gave up. :-/

I have problems with this article.
    "reflect deep affection for the characters and their history."
    With the writers involved I call bull$&*# on this. The characters have been back for months now and nothing was explained and the others just act like nothing happened.
    HOW are they back?How can there be a Nova Corp?Fans of those series demand answers!

" The Guardians won't be fueling up their spacecraft on the planet Gronk when the $#!% hits the fan -- they'll be right in the thick of it."
    The Guardians and Nova always where in the thick of it.The Annihilation wave,Ultron,the cancerverse.
    It's the Earth heroes who always stand around doing barely anything or just keep fighting each other.
    When super-villains do get involved they often act weird,out of character or just cut the fight scenes frome the comic.
    By the way,the Guardians used to travel using the Knowhere station.not a spacecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by stingerman View Post
    Hope Bendis and Loeb cosmic fails.

Join the boycott.
    Agree with the Bendis part whole heartedly. I will probably check out Nova though, but I don't have high hopes.

Yes, I want Bendis's GotG to fail... I would rather the characters not appear at all than have him writing them... he is a bad writer, and cosmic is an absolutely awful genre fro him to be working in.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    GotG + Bendis + Iron Man + Upcoming Movie should equal sales. And the new Nova has fans from the Spidey toon.

So I'm guessing it'll turn out pretty well for both books. Though I'm only picking up GotG myself.
    I can see Loeb/McG bringing in some good sales due to the draw of their names and how well their projects tend to do given the success of Red Hulk and X-Sanction but Bendis on Moon Knight didn't do so well even with the duo of Bendis and Maleev so that's an iffier proposition. Nova's success may also depend on how well people are able take to the price point amongst the double shipping as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
    I am curious to see how much, if at all, the $3.99 price hinders Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova. We have recently seen with Moon Knight and Defenders that an A-list creative team on a B-list property does not guarantee sales.
    Pretty much.

Praise Odin! Cat-Beast is gone! I'm very happy to hear this. I've found no redeeming qualities in Cat-Beast to date and I really like Beast's new look. I think it should stay and I'm glad Mr. Alonso confirms it!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

How did you not feel embarrassed when typing this? How incredibly childish. You are the stereotype people think of when a non-comic reader hears the term "comic book forum".

Why do you hope they fail? Why are you boycotting? You haven't read them yet. What if they're great? What if Bendis' Guardians is as great as his All-New X-Men is?

You're a bad comic fan.
    Well said. I wasn't too fond of Bendis on All New X-Men (mainly his O5 idea) but he has exceeded my expectations. I am loving it.

I'm not a fan of GotG, and I would say I'm more of a Richard Rider fan so I doubt I'll be picking these up. But fans of GotG should be glad this book is even coming out (and a movie!!!). I say give them a chance before bashing them. Otherwise you could be eating crow like I am about All New X-Men.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I want to see Blade In Space: He gets kidnapped then stranded on a planet where humans are the minority species, and vampires are the norm. What to do?
    Instead of him being trapped on another planet, how about him being trapped on an alternate earth?

Look, this is a unique time in comics history because everyone knows who the Avengers and Spider-Man and X-Men are. They're up on the silver screen, they're on t-shirts, hats. They're action figures. Who'd have imagined that 15 years ago?
    Avi Arad imagined that 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    GotG + Bendis + Iron Man + Upcoming Movie should equal sales.
    Well that all depends on what you mean by "sales". Are you talking about preorder sales to retailers or sales to actual in store walk in customers and online customers?

Quote Originally Posted by The Avenging One View Post
    Bendis has noted that there will be other characters appearing beyond those. I imagine they will have other members but the movie cast will get the most focus.
    Those other characters that Bendis is talking about will most likely be the usual 12 over exposed popular characters.

How did you not feel embarrassed when typing this? How incredibly childish. You are the stereotype people think of when a non-comic reader hears the term "comic book forum".

You're a bad comic fan.
    No - he really is not. Again, fans do not like to see their heroes "killed" and someone placed in the suit. Ask fans who have been writing death threats to the creative team of Superior Spiderman. And as I said before, if Marvel Killed Logan, and called someone else Wolverine (in the regular Marvel universe) tons of fans would be ticked. Marvel would not hear the end of that. So give Nova fans some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Caio View Post
    agreeeeeeeeeee

Bendis will ruin the Guardians.

Redesigns ridiculous. Gamora with weapon and armor. Groot like a Christmas tree.

Where is Mantis, Moondragon, Bug, Major Victory, Cosmo?

Nova = Richard Rider ever
    Not a fan of Bendis at all--though I begrudgingly admit that I'm somewhat enjoying All-New X-Men, with the exception of him getting Frost's dialogue completely wrong--but I'll give this a shot though I really wish Marvel had been as keen on giving GoTG this kinda push when DnA was on the book. Plus, I'd love to see Mantis and Moondragon back in the thick of it.