Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I enjoyed this issue for a few reasons, and having quality and quantity time with Lois Lane definitely was one of them. I especially liked her being a BAMF with the fire extinguisher since it's become somewhat of a favorite weapon of hers as one can see in these images from Superman Adventures, Smallville, Superman: Brainiac, and today's Action Comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    So the Doomsday fight happened but the Lex Luthor fight when he wore the Kryptonian battle armor didn't? Or did they just rebuild the statue after that?

Can't wait to see what happens in the next issue.
    I doubt any of that mess happened. It's much simpler. Sun went red, Superman got weakened. Monster killed him, they called it Doomsday and put up a statue. Superman returned, defeated the monster, and the story continued.

This was a great issue, though some of my excitement is marred because of rags morales' high levels of 'not giving a f***'

If he can't even put effort into the few pages a month he has, why keep doing them? Get someone who wants work.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
    This was a great issue, though some of my excitement is marred because of rags morales' high levels of 'not giving a f***'

If he can't even put effort into the few pages a month he has, why keep doing them? Get someone who wants work.
    It's not like he hasn't already been pulled from the book. And from the preview pages, the art isn't THAT bad. You've got one more issue, you can handle it.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

BANNED

Fantastic issue. Once again, I really want Morrison to do a Legion run.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's not like he hasn't already been pulled from the book. And from the preview pages, the art isn't THAT bad. You've got one more issue, you can handle it.
    You don't even know which artist is which, considering morales isn't in the preview. So it isn't surprising you don't have a problem with it.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
    You don't even know which artist is which, considering morales isn't in the preview. So it isn't surprising you don't have a problem with it.
    Seeing as there was another preview I saw online with Rag's art(Or maybe they were just scan's of the persons issue), you are right how I don't have a problem.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

So, I am confused. Is the villain on the cover page of Action Comics #16 supposed to be the new version of Doomsday? And why are they talking about the "second death of Superman"? I have also heard of the new villain, the Collector; is he supposed to be the new version of Brainiac?

I am just not liking these new changes at all.

Also, I don't like how many of the characters are now wearing armors; especially how, Superman and Darkseid - characters which are supposed to be invulnerable and exuding power and cannot be hurt - have to wear armor. In fact, the fact that Darkseid now wears armor seems weird to me. His previous costume functioned better, by giving him the aura of a general, of a despot, which is in keeping with his fascist-like rule of Apokolips.

BANNED

Is this your first issue of Action or what?

Anyway:

- The guy on the cover is called Super-Doom. He may be the new Doomsday, or he may just be an entirely different character. His origin is in Action Comics #9.

- The current story is being teased as the "Second Death of Superman" because his first death is already an event that happened before. But it's just a tease, he doesn't necessarily die again.

- The Collector is the same Brainiac. Brainiac is just his name on Krypton, just as it's Computo on Colu and Internet on Earth. It's synthesizing all the versions of Brainiac, including the one from STAS.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Is this your first issue of Action or what?
    Considering how he only mentions the cover, I'm not quite sure he read this issue either.
    Anyway, bablabla, the guy on the cover isn't Doomsday, the whole "second death" thing is the usual misleading title to make you buy the book (in this issue, the death storyline is referenced), the Collector is one of the many names the new version of Brainiac answers to, one of them being Brainiac.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by steph_86 View Post
    So, I am confused. Is the villain on the cover page of Action Comics #16 supposed to be the new version of Doomsday? And why are they talking about the "second death of Superman"? I have also heard of the new villain, the Collector; is he supposed to be the new version of Brainiac?

I am just not liking these new changes at all.

Also, I don't like how many of the characters are now wearing armors; especially how, Superman and Darkseid - characters which are supposed to be invulnerable and exuding power and cannot be hurt - have to wear armor. In fact, the fact that Darkseid now wears armor seems weird to me. His previous costume functioned better, by giving him the aura of a general, of a despot, which is in keeping with his fascist-like rule of Apokolips.
    Yeah, like others said, have you read any of the series yet?

Great issue, the question of "why didn't Vyn kill a younger Clark?" has been answered definitively, Vyn wants Superman to "serve him" like the rest of his anti-Superman-army, presumably after destroying his spirit with blue-k.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    It's big, it's full of action it......actually took me a second reading to completely understand how the two different moments in time worked together (but it's obvious when you get it), and it ends on a desperate situation.....with a Superman that seems to have already figured some way out.
    Great, as always.
    Vyn is obviously disturbing time around Clark, but I'm not quite sure if he's actually displacing Clark in time or simply making Clark feel like he's being displaced in time.

I think the timeline of events goes like this:

Years after the death of Mrs.N and his battle with Doomsday, Superman saves the Mars colonists (as seen in #14) and then encounters Vyn and company, he races back to Earth trying to prevent Vyn from killing Mr.Triple X, pursued by Xa-Du (as seen in #16), he escapes the anti-army in Metropolis (on the red sunlight saturated Earth, as seen in #15) and travels to his Yucatan base, arriving the next day, where he attempts to signal the Legion, Comet and Krypto. He's then captured and brought back to Metropolis and the waiting Super Doomsday, who was brought to this Earth through Luthor's musical meta-machine the day before Superman returned from Mars (he may even have fought Superman on Mars after Vyn revealed his Devil form).

Also, a theory:

I suspect that "Gizzy" is still alive and is, a lower dimensional version of the princess than Mrs.N, partner of Mr.Triple X (who is a lower dimensional version of Mxy), the "sister" of Mrs.N, the mother of Ferlin, and possibly the blonde woman who passed Clark on the stairs of Mrs.N's apartment building in Action#0.

I liked the back-up of this issue too, one of the best back-ups yet IMO, just thought I'd mention that.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ElMacho View Post
    Great issue, the question of "why didn't Vyn kill a younger Clark?" has been answered definitively, Vyn wants Superman to "serve him" like the rest of his anti-Superman-army, presumably after destroying his spirit with blue-k.

Vyn is obviously disturbing time around Clark, but I'm not quite sure if he's actually displacing Clark in time or simply making Clark feel like he's being displaced in time.

Years after the death of Mrs.N and his battle with Doomsday, Superman saves the Mars colonists (as seen in #14) and then encounters Vyn and company, he races back to Earth trying to prevent Vyn from killing Mr.Triple X, pursued by Xa-Du (as seen in #16), he escapes the anti-army in Metropolis (on the red sunlight saturated Earth, as seen in #15) and travels to his Yucatan base, arriving the next day, where he attempts to signal the Legion, Comet and Krypto. He's then captured and brought back to Metropolis and the waiting Super Doomsday, who was brought to this Earth through Luthor's musical meta-machine the day before Superman returned from Mars (he may even have fought Superman on Mars after Vyn revealed his Devil form).

Also, a theory:

I suspect that "Gizzy" is still alive and is, a lower dimensional version of the princess than Mrs.N, partner of Mr.Triple X (who is a lower dimensional version of Mxy), the "sister" of Mrs.N, the mother of Ferlin, and possibly the blonde woman who passed Clark on the stairs of Mrs.N's apartment building in Action#0.

I liked the back-up of this issue too, one of the best back-ups yet IMO, just thought I'd mention that.
    Yeah, the first time I didn't quite get that part of issue 16 was before part of issue 15, while the other part was right after. But I had still to eat breakfast when I first read the thing, and I'm of no good when I don't have my breakfast.
    But yeah, basically, you've put it the way I understood it. But I think Vyn is really messing with time, because Superman is fighting Xa-Du, who started to face him at the end of issue 15, but the fight is obviously happening at a different point in the timeline.
    I enjoyed that The Little Man is trying to corrupt all of Metropolis, by proposing them eternal life if they turn their back on Superman. Felt it was a realy "devilish" thing to do.

As for the back-up, well, I liked it too (but I usually like Fish's back ups), but I wonder what's the connection with the main story. I mean, I do get that what happened in the back up obviously sets up the bad future of the Legion, but I'm not sure yet how it's connecting with the Little Man's plot against Superman.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

He doesn't kill young Clark because he's not Myxs "greatest trick" yet. He wants to prove that he's better than Myx and Superman at their best meaning he has to be a fully formed Superman.

It's all just pride.

Quote Originally Posted by ElMacho View Post

Also, a theory:

I agree.My theory was that since 5d imps can live in liquid she transformed to 2D being after being hit by the bullet and went on to live in the world of Superman's T-shirt. In the last issue it was also hinted that this T-Shirt would somehow be important in defeating Vyn.
    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman