Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    So the speculation about the Death of Superman in the DCnU has partially been addressed at least. So yes, Superman died fighting Doomsday, there was obviously a big funeral (complete with a huge statue tomb erected in his honor) and then he came back to save the day again. Essentially, the bare bones of that entire arc without any concrete specifics to what went down.
    I thought the statue was an nice homage to the previous Death of Superman storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by brik-el View Post
    Is this story still set 4 or 5 years in the past? I haven't read issue #15 yet, so I don't know.

If it is, Superman died really early in his career.

Does anyone know when this story is taking place?
    Vyndktvx is attacking Superman at multiple points in time now, so its jumping around. The Mars stuff was present day, so if this is him crashing into Centennial Park on his return trip from Mars, this is present day as well.

I'm becoming more suspicious now that "Super Doom" killed Superman, and the Doomsday Lois speaks of here is that creature. She notes "this is how it was that day", so there's a connection between Vyn's machinations and Superman's death now. With our laws of time not applying to the imps, maybe after killing Superman its Mxy that brings Superman back to life, and what Vyn is trying to do here, in our present, is kill Mxy's human form so that he can't save Superman, which to them, has not yet happened.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-06-2013 at 08:15 AM.

I don't know how I feel about Superdoom to be honest. He looks alright in this upcoming issue but the original art for him back in issue 9 was so dorky. Plus his origin is pretty contrived (being conjured up by some sort of mind machine).
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Holy crap, this is looking so good. Can't wait to read this issue. Damn you Morrison, why do you have to go?
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

I'm really trying to keep my expectations down as I'm really excited that Morrison's ending to his run, which has been fantastic in my opinion.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm becoming more suspicious now that "Super Doom" killed Superman, and the Doomsday Lois speaks of here is that creature. She notes "this is how it was that day", so there's a connection between Vyn's machinations and Superman's death now. With our laws of time not applying to the imps, maybe after killing Superman its Mxy that brings Superman back to life, and what Vyn is trying to do here, in our present, is kill Mxy's human form so that he can't save Superman, which to them, has not yet happened.
    That's a possibility I just thought of after I posted, but Morrison if i recall correctly said it pretty much (the death) happened as it did before' but maybe not everything else. it COULD be that Doomsday could still have looked the same and have been the same creature , but his origin could be different, and actually be what SuperDoom evolved to and was sent into the past to kill Superman, or what Superdoom evolved from.

I guess we will see in a few days, but my money is on it only being hinted at and not entirely spelled out. I think it all works better that way really.

Yeah, he's reiterated a few times that the death happened as is, but these pages alone already seem to conflict that. The sky never turned red when Superman died (which it apparently did here as the whole scene is familiar to Lois), he didn't die in the park, he didn't return from the dead to beat his killer (at least Jimmy's way of phrasing things gave me that impression), and he never rebuilt Metropolis. So I wonder now if Morrison wasn't just being coy.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-06-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Long Live the Hogs Burning Eyes's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Vyndktvx is attacking Superman at multiple points in time now, so its jumping around. The Mars stuff was present day, so if this is him crashing into Centennial Park on his return trip from Mars, this is present day as well.

Gotcha!

So this coming issue should be the first time Superman meets Superdoom. I wonder if we'll see the Earth 23 Superman again.

I think its also worth remembering that Mrs. Nyxly had one wish left when she died. A wish that was given to her as a gift by Mxy. Maybe his human form has that wish back since she's been dead.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

So, this is the last Morrison issue? Looks good, and I can't wait to re-read the whole story.

Long Live the Hogs Burning Eyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    So, this is the last Morrison issue? Looks good, and I can't wait to re-read the whole story.
    Last I heard #17 would be his last issue. Something about Superman having to save all of existence?

BANNED

Yeah it's #17, which will be extra-sized.

This run has basically accomplished two main things

1. Re-established Clark Kent and Superman as a superhero for the 21st century after years of complaints that he's become too outdated. Superman as a social crusader like his original counterpart and Clark as a young journalist with cool ideas.

2. Thematic tie-in to Final Crisis and Morrison's overall DCU narrative about ideas. Hopefully a lead into Multiversity too.

It'll be up to Snyder, Lobdell, and Diggle to keep the ball rolling on #1, and Morrison to get Multiversity ready already for #2.
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 01-06-2013 at 01:02 PM.

So Diggle takes over with #18?

I'll check in then

How many times can Superman die until it lose it effect?