Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I was confused by Jeans reaction to young Cyclops myself.

This series so far is the first interesting X-Men story arc I have read in the past 10 years with AvX, Schism, and No More Mutants arc.

"Immonen is the kind of artist that can make the rather silly '60s X-Men costumes make total practical (almost) fashion forward sense"

EVERY era of comics has it's silly costumes. The 90's gave us mullets, stubble, head bands, leather jackets, and pouches. The 80's gave us "Mohawk" Storm, which when it happened ALOT of fan's hated it. Now everyone acts like it was Storm's greatest period. The 70's gave us pirate boots and lots of color.

Personally, the art is the reason that I want to buy this book but a few panels of Bendis writing Jean, especially when she refers to Wolverine as "James", just makes me put the comic back on the rack.

Quote Originally Posted by poneley View Post
    Super lol. Did they actually describe it as a "doom lock" in the book? This reminds me of cheap and cheesy syndicated American TV from the 80s were fantastical stuff was explained away with a few words.
    Yes, Beast explicitly says it was a doom lock device in one of the first two issues. The type of device/time travel played a part in X-Factor storylines semi-recently also.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Kane View Post
    .... but a few panels of Bendis writing Jean, especially when she refers to Wolverine as "James", just makes me put the comic back on the rack.
    If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!!
    She sings directly to the sheep, "Oh noble sheep, we eat your babies. We use your brain to fight off rabies, but the most beautiful gift you give us is wool."

Not quite sure what you mean by that but ....okay.

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Why wouldn't she call him by his name? That seems like an arbitrary criticism.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    Exactly. Beast showed her that the two of them shared an intimacy, and now he's no longer some creep with claws and dirty thoughts. Jean has realized that shell grow up to have dirty thoughts of her own.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Exactly. Beast showed her that the two of them shared an intimacy, and now he's no longer some creep with claws and dirty thoughts. Jean has realized that shell grow up to have dirty thoughts of her own.
    And that she's into hairy little trolls.

Her reaction was very Jean-like.

In my opinion, the sooner any romantic matters between Jean and Scott become dissipated the better.
    if TeenJean is going to indeed become a good character I think it will be important for her to stand on her own, separated from simply being Scott's love interest.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Bendis should write her getting knocked up by Teen Cyclops and then having a telekinetic abortion in front of Rachel.

A Goddess amongst mortals celestialbodies's Avatar

Exactly it would of been odd if she had went back to calling him Logan or Wolverine especially at THAT, point when she had just witnessed so much about him, there was a panel in NXM where Jean says IIRC his name "James" back when it was still fitting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    In my opinion, the sooner any romantic matters between Jean and Scott become dissipated the better.
    if TeenJean is going to indeed become a good character I think it will be important for her to stand on her own, separated from simply being Scott's love interest.
    I don't think Jean's ever really had that problem though, she's great with or without Cyclops around, while on the other hand you couldn't really get anyone to give a damn about Scott without exiling Jean from the books for a decade and giving him a massive push. The real problem with her character was that her story was told mostly through the eyes of others and you never quite got a sense of what she was thinking or feeling about all the events going on. So she just comes off as sort of distant even though she is one of the most down to earth characters out there. I think Bendis will do a good job correcting this.

Perhaps, it's because Teen Jean didn't know Wolverine's true name from the time period she was plucked from (Which should be well after the Adamantium bonding process... See: Weapon X Project).

Jean didn't meet Logan until GS X-Men #1 (Classic X-Men #1). Ergo, Teen Jean didn't and couldn't have learned it from any past encounter with Logan, because he didn't know it himself until much, much later.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    You sure love your own fan-fic don't you. When has Hank ever seen Jean and Logan being intimate?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-05-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Remember though, she got those memories from Beast.