Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    If Superior Spider-Man leads to this status quo for Peter once he is back, then I'm all for it. Pete can even keep the new suit as far as I'm concerned.
    Well, it certainly seems logical that this will be the case when Peter returns but who knows? There could be unforeseen swerves comeing down the pike!
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Well, it certainly seems logical that this will be the case when Peter returns but who knows? There could be unforeseen swerves comeing down the pike!
    This basically.

I think Marvel wants to keep him in the Avengers, considering they are now merely a copy of the Justice League. But I really hope all your points come to pass. In the meantime, let's see if Ock can actually manage to win over some readers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic View Post
    at that point all he needed to do was pull a plug or have the jail he's in conveniently forget to pay the electric bill...so much simpler
    I prefer Kaine's way:

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Might be interesting if Otto leaves Peter in a better place than where he started.

But too good a place.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Might be interesting if Otto leaves Peter in a better place than where he started.

But too good a place.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    He should have snapped Ock's neck when he had the chance like Kaine did. Instead we got this dreadful storyline.
    I'm guessing you're not changing your name to Dying Wish any time soon.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm guessing you're not changing your name to Dying Wish any time soon.
    I don't like the way the ending was done, and while I was a fan of Slott's run, since Ends of the Earth it seems his run has really fizzled out/lost momentum, and I don't like the way he builds up Ock. I'd prefer Chris Yost's as the main writer

Although Superior #1 is not even here yet, I got to thinking about how the Spider-Man story will be changed once Peter is back. We already know that SpOck will be bringing a decidedly edgy attitude to not only Spidey but "Peter Parker" as well; moreover, it's a safe bet that SpOck will be dealing with enemies in a more violent, and possibly---just possibly permanent, manner than Peter ever did or would.

All of which leads me to believe that when Peter returns, he will likely:

*Be out of the Avengers. I hope this is true as I never cared for Peter on a super-team like that; it is my guess he will return to loner status.

*Be on the wrong side of the law once again; I can see Spidey returning to a status of outsider on the outs with the NYPD after "his" actions as Superior.

*Be mistrusted by the public as a whole----see above.

*Be out of Horizon Labs; I don't think he will be back to being a struggling photographer again but I can't see him staying on at Horizon as I suspect SpOck's colossal ego will lead to a major clash with Max.

Thoughts?
    Seems rather regressive for the character to me but it's possible I don't think he can work for the bugle since it's gone.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post

But too good a place.
    "...and I give you America's first bikini inspector general, Peter Parker!"
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

I also think that the temporal (because IT HAS TO BE temporal) status quo of Doc Ock usurping Spiderman's role will have very bad consequences to Spiderman's world. But I don't think they will be so "extreme" as some people think. I mean, there's lot of people who will realize that "Superior Spider-Fake" was not our "friendly neighborhood Spiderman", so they wouln't blame the real Spidey by the actions of that jerk of Octopus. Mary Jane wouldn't blame Peter, because she will soon realize the truth; neither will Carlie, because she will discover it as "detective". His friends from the Avengers and the Fantastic Four wouldn't blame him either; especially when some of them have passed through similar situations: Doctor Doom made the mind switcheroo with Reed Richards and Red Skull did it once with Captain America. And if you have Captain America's support, he can help you in person to clean up your name; just like he did for Spidey when he was blamed by the kidnapping of "Norman Osborn's baby". But of course, some people would still see Spiderman with bad eyes; like some cops from NYPD and most of the public in general. And of course, "Jerk Jonah Jameson" would again try to make Spiderman look like Public Enemy #1.

But you know?, I think the consequences of bringing Peter Parker back to life could be very interesting. You see, it wouldn't be fair that they show us Peter's soul in Hell (just because some mistakes like his pact with Mephisto); so as far as I see, Peter must be in Heaven, along with his deceased beloved ones. After passing through so many miseries in his life and finally reaching his yearned "peace", do you think Peter would want to return to life? Honestly, I'm not sure. I mean, on one hand, being selfish doesn't fit with Spiderman; but on the other hand, I think Peter is in his right into staying in peace and stop suffering in life. So, this is what I think. Even if Peter wants it or not, he will be brought back to life; but his possible wishes to stay "peacefully dead" along his deceased beloved ones could have some "unexpected and astonishing" consequences. Trying to stay with his deceased friends and family, he could accidentally bring with him some of them back to life too. So, we would have an interesting situation where deceased characters from Peter Parker's life are resurrected; bringing the problem of how to make them suit in the world after their "dead time" and turning Spiderman's world upside-down once again.

I think Peter could bring back to life eight of his beloved ones in total. You know, because of the EIGHT legs of a spider. The perfect candidates for this situation:
    + Uncle Ben: His tragic death was what turned Spiderman into a superhero, so it would be interesting to see a Ben Parker helping Peter Parker AND Spiderman in life. Besides, do you imagine Aunt May's reaction trying to explain Ben that she's now married with Jameson's father?
    + Gwen Stacy: A very interesting resurrection that was also one of Spiderman's greatest tragedies. With Gwen back, how would affect it to Peter's love life? Imagine how tormenting feelings linked with Mary Jane, Carlie or the Black Cat? Also, she would be in a interesting situation facing Norman Osborn and her children (Gabriel and Sarah).
    + Captain George Stacy: He was one of the best cops that Spiderman met; and his death was also traumatic for Spiderman. It would be interesting of Captain Stacy and Carlie Cooper join their forces to clean up NYPD of corrupted scum, especially from cops like the ones who blamed Spidey by the "Spider-Tracer's Killer".
    + Marla Jameson: Now that would be really interesting. After resurrecting his wife, would still Jameson hate Spiderman? Who am I kidding?, of course he will!! So, how about if Marla starts to do something to make sure Jameson end his campaign against Spiderman once and for all? Now THAT is something I really want to see.
    + Silver Sable: She bacame a good friend of Spidey in the last years, so it would be interesting if she resurrects thanks to Spiderman. On the other hand, since she's a "superheroine", she could always find an alternative way to return instead of Spidey's help.
    + Richard and Mary Parker: Another interesting resurrection, but this time, not being "killer androids" created by the Chameleon and the Green Goblin. I think Peter managed to clean-up his parent's names once, so it will be interesting if they reassume their old lifes as SHIELD Agents and they try to convince Spiderman to join it. Right?
    + Mattie Franklin: She died because of the Grim Hunt, so Peter could also bring her back to life. She's not very popular, apparently, but I'm sure her death hurts Peter because she was "so young". He could bring Cassandra Webb instead, but she was already an old lady with not much time to live; so I think Mattie is a better option.

Well, what do you think of my theory?

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Seems rather regressive for the character to me but it's possible I don't think he can work for the bugle since it's gone.
    It'll have to happen sooner or later. Those things are basically the core of Spider-Man. He can't live high on the hog forever.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    "...and I give you America's first bikini inspector general, Peter Parker!"
    Too good a place, though. His first job is overseeing the geriatric beach-goers in Florida.

All those poor, sweet women.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

The only thing I like to read up to Otto as the protagonist is to see as ruining the lives of Peter and Spiderman (the latter with peers), and when do something super heroic return to recover the confidence of all.
    But I would have loved to be the superior spiderman Kaine, with Yost as a writer.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

I think it'd be hilarious if Ock left Peter and he was either the leader or member of:

HYDRA
    Masters of Evil
    Dark Avengers
    Sinister Six

and various other groups. Hell, Peter will regain his body as soon as Captain America busts through the roof while he's playing poker with Madame Hydra or something.
    Bad news everyone...