Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Spidey Post-"Superior"

Although Superior #1 is not even here yet, I got to thinking about how the Spider-Man story will be changed once Peter is back. We already know that SpOck will be bringing a decidedly edgy attitude to not only Spidey but "Peter Parker" as well; moreover, it's a safe bet that SpOck will be dealing with enemies in a more violent, and possibly---just possibly permanent, manner than Peter ever did or would.

All of which leads me to believe that when Peter returns, he will likely:

*Be out of the Avengers. I hope this is true as I never cared for Peter on a super-team like that; it is my guess he will return to loner status.

*Be on the wrong side of the law once again; I can see Spidey returning to a status of outsider on the outs with the NYPD after "his" actions as Superior.

*Be mistrusted by the public as a whole----see above.

*Be out of Horizon Labs; I don't think he will be back to being a struggling photographer again but I can't see him staying on at Horizon as I suspect SpOck's colossal ego will lead to a major clash with Max.

Thoughts?
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

I think it's a bad sign people are already starting to concentrate on what the character will be like after Peter returns.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Well, one would hope he'll re-think his position on saving terminally ill criminal masterminds with only weeks to live anyway...

Maybe he'll even start fudging things a bit.

"Well, dammit, he had a cold...his best days were clearly behind him, so it's not like it's murder or anything..."

I kid! I don't want to see him kill people. I'd be okay if he'd let Ock die though.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Well, one would hope he'll re-think his position on saving terminally ill criminal masterminds with only weeks to live anyway...

"Well, dammit, he had a cold...his best days were clearly behind him, so it's not like it's murder or anything..."

I kid! I don't want to see him kill people. I'd be okay if he'd let Ock die though.
    ^
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

It depends. You may have Peter trying to rebuild relationships damaged by Doc Ock, while forced to go into another business venture, when bridges were burned with Horizon Labs.

Avenging Spider-Man could have Spidey deal with the consequences in the superhero community.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    I think it's a bad sign people are already starting to concentrate on what the character will be like after Peter returns.
    Eh, I think it's just a sign of increasing savvy among readers. How I Met Your Mother was renewed for a ninth season despite the delayed endgame.

After three years of Brand New Day (which can be split into the Election and Gauntlet mega-arcs) and two years of Big Time, it's become increasingly likely that this is going to be another finite run with a complete beginning, middle and end.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Eh, I think it's just a sign of increasing savvy among readers.
    You say "saavy"; I say "jaded".

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    *Be out of the Avengers. I hope this is true as I never cared for Peter on a super-team like that; it is my guess he will return to loner status.

*Be on the wrong side of the law once again; I can see Spidey returning to a status of outsider on the outs with the NYPD after "his" actions as Superior.

*Be out of Horizon Labs; I don't think he will be back to being a struggling photographer again but I can't see him staying on at Horizon as I suspect SpOck's colossal ego will lead to a major clash with Max.
    Agreed on all points -- particularly the one I highlighted.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

I wonder what kind of unintentionally bad deeds Ock will pull off.

"I fixed your cell phone, citizen...and added a death ray! You're welcome."
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

"Here's your birthday gift, Namor; sharks with laser beams!"

Lol nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Lol nice one.
    Yeah, David's been on fire lately!
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Yeah, David's been on fire lately!
    Literally in this case with the death ray

He should have snapped Ock's neck when he had the chance like Kaine did. Instead we got this dreadful storyline.

Although Superior #1 is not even here yet, I got to thinking about how the Spider-Man story will be changed once Peter is back. We already know that SpOck will be bringing a decidedly edgy attitude to not only Spidey but "Peter Parker" as well; moreover, it's a safe bet that SpOck will be dealing with enemies in a more violent, and possibly---just possibly permanent, manner than Peter ever did or would.

All of which leads me to believe that when Peter returns, he will likely:

Thoughts?
    If Superior Spider-Man leads to this status quo for Peter once he is back, then I'm all for it. Pete can even keep the new suit as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    He should have snapped Ock's neck when he had the chance like Kaine did. Instead we got this dreadful storyline.
    at that point all he needed to do was pull a plug or have the jail he's in conveniently forget to pay the electric bill...so much simpler