Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Default Age of Apocalypse #11 Preview "The Final Battle"

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...w.php?gid=4752

This is some damn exciting stuff.

'Somebody's got stones.' I cannot wait for this to come out. Always an enjoyable read.

The best debut series of last year!

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    I know, right? I cannot wait for next week. This looks so frakkin' intense.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Today suddenly I sterted thinking about a AoA character who never had a counterpart in 616: Switchback.
    I relly liked her a lot and she could be still alive. It was never told if she lived or died. I know probably knowbady (wants) to remember her. But i for one would become hysterical happy if she would turn up in this series at one point.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Switchback_(Earth-295).jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	106725

BANNED

This is the only wolverine I like

Can't wait to see how this is going to end and what'll be in store for us in the future! (I'm also waiting X-Termination) This book has been incredibly good the whole time!
    Last edited by Tommy X; 01-04-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Double post

The art has been way too smudgy for me. Arlem can draw some stunning images, but I'm lost in the dirt and grime of this apocalyptic world.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post
    That's exactly how I feel. My next favorite Wolverine is in X-Treme X-Men. I cant wait for the X-Termination crossover. Only bad thing is we are going to get 616 Wolverine in Astonishing. In the main universe Wolverine is a whiney sad sack that is too introspective and boring. I love AOA. The characters are way more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudepool View Post
    That's exactly how I feel. My next favorite Wolverine is in X-Treme X-Men. I cant wait for the X-Termination crossover. Only bad thing is we are going to get 616 Wolverine in Astonishing. In the main universe Wolverine is a whiney sad sack that is too introspective and boring. I love AOA. The characters are way more interesting.
    How is 616 Whiny? He vents his frustrations like a Man and Let everyone knows he is mad. No his fault he is not a horrible introvert.

616 Wolverine is whiney because he cries all the time when he has to kill someone lately. Thats what he does. He needs to get over it. I dont want a sad introspective Wolverine that regrets everything he does and whines about it for a full page. AOA Wolverine is way better and doesn't cry when he kills someone. Howlett in X-Treme doesnt whine and cry either.

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    How is 616 Whiny? He vents his frustrations like a Man and Let everyone knows he is mad. No his fault he is not a horrible introvert.
    If he's not moping around, he's threatening to kill someone publicly.

I don't know how this translates to manliness, but it's true that he's presently a shadow of his former self.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dudepool View Post
    616 Wolverine is whiney because he cries all the time when he has to kill someone lately. Thats what he does. He needs to get over it. I dont want a sad introspective Wolverine that regrets everything he does and whines about it for a full page. AOA Wolverine is way better and doesn't cry when he kills someone. Howlett in X-Treme doesnt whine and cry either.
    Cut the guy some slack, he literally was left no choice but to kill the son that he regrets that he had never been able to raise. Even though his future self told him that had he let Daken live, he would have killed his students for a father to have to kill his son is one of the hardest things they can do. That's a pretty changing experience, especially coming after having killed those whom he hadn't known were his own children and having literally having the daughter he'd never have ripped away from him before his very eyes (and even worse, by a version of himself that's a twisted circumstantial reflection of himself). He knows what it's like to have been turned into a killer and how no matter how many lives are taken, that it never does become easier so he takes on the burden so the children don't have to. In spite of AvX's characterization, I like Wolverine and can see where he's coming from in things that he does.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post
    Same here.
    And for a book that features such a large group every character is three-dimensional and portrayed meaningfully on the page. No one is "wall-paper".
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)