View Poll Results: Reboot or Old Universe

Voters
484. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Reboot

75 15.50%
  • Old Universe

221 45.66%
  • Both

23 4.75%
  • Either

6 1.24%
  • There are some aspects of old universe that should be add to New 52

73 15.08%
  • Doesn't matter as long as the stories good

86 17.77%
Page 271 of 427 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 6400
    Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Two things: Hawkman and Mr.Terrific

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Somebody cut it off and it got stapled back on. For no real reason.

She is the same Harley, except at some point after becoming Harley, the Joker also dunked her into a the chemicals that mutilated him, giving her a skin and hair tone that matches his own.

They basically dropped her make-up.

Oh, shit. Who ripped Joker's face off? LOL, I'm laughing thinking about how ludicrous that is.

Jason Todd and Tim Drakes "new" origins. They are garbage.

I don't understand the hate for Joker's face being cut off. I think it's freakin terrifying, and shows (literally) how much of a human Joker isn't.
    Buffy: Season 10~Angel & Faith Vol. 2~Serenity: Leaves on the Wind
    Ultimate: Spider-man~FF~All-New Ultimates
    Forever Evil~Batman~Green Arrow
    Hawkeye~Uncanny X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    Oh, shit. Who ripped Joker's face off? LOL, I'm laughing thinking about how ludicrous that is.
    Joker didn't get his face "ripped" off. He voluntarily had it removed by another (new) villain named Dollmaker. He left it behind as a message to the Gotham PD and mostly to Batman and then went underground for over a year. He's just now resurfacing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I don't understand the hate for Joker's face being cut off. I think it's freakin terrifying, and shows (literally) how much of a human Joker isn't.
    No it's stupid and just shows that Snyder and Daniel aren't very creative as to how to make a character interesting.

I really don't understand the hate for strong Atlanteans. I mean, is that really such a problem, that one Atlantean was able to punch Superman once??? I think its just another example of people on these forums being incredibly nitpicky.

Generally speaking, I like to ignore the first six issues of Blue Beetle. As a shallow retread of the pre-Flashpoint origin for Jaime, it both missed the point of what made that run enjoyable, and demonstrated every one of the "dark and gritty" fears that everyone had for the new Universe as a whole.

Likewise, the constant referrals to a "Bat Family" when these characters have shown little-to-no affection or chemistry so far. Tim Drake, in particular, always looks out of place in the "Batman's Trusted Figures" line-ups because, well, he doesn't do anything. Or talk to anyone. It's exactly the kind of lazy "relying on past history" characterisation that the New 52 was meant to reduce.

I find it pretty hard to accept that Damien Wayne is Damien Wayne.

Most of all, I find it pretty hard to accept how much Green Lantern has pretty much killed any momentum it had into a rather turgid mess. And I say that was someone who likes Simon Baz. But the Third Army stuff has been a total squib, and a real disappointment from the writers who made the Sinestro Corps such a threat.

Oooooh, that's another one. I don't accept that Green Lantern history happened the same way. I've been enjoying the Hal/Sinestro dynamic - but it's pretty much impossible to buy if you count the characters' dynamics before Blackest Night.

Ooooh, and it's hard to accept that talented writers thought any of the first 12 issues of Firestorm were a good idea, or that they had something worth pursueing with the JLI.

Generally speaking, I like a lot of the New 52 though. For instance, unlike a lot of people, I totally accept that Batman would unmask to Hal Jordan under the circumstances in Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    No it's stupid and just shows that Snyder and Daniel aren't very creative as to how to make a character interesting.
    That's just a matter of opinion. If he thinks its interesting (as a lot of people do), then let him enjoy it. Its not stupid and don't discount other people's opinions by calling it as such.

Oh, and that Wizards Stole The Question's Face.

...that's a tough one to accept. Seems kind of unfair to count it though when it seems to be tieing into something quite interesting. And it's not really any harder to take than that period he went around calling himself a "shamen", talked to cities, and defeated Lex Luthor by corrupting his Ley Lines by killing a bunch of people and burying them in the foundations of a building.

Well, aside from the serious amount of infection something like that would cause (which, to be fair, I give a pass towards, being that this is a comic book after all), the Joker essentially wearing his own face like as a mask is not only superfluous but misses a crucial point about the Joker as a character, IMO. As I said awhile back when we we're first getting wind of this:

...what made the Joker's face terrifying was that it wasn't a mask--it was his own face. Unlike Batman who has to dress up as a bat in order to frighten criminals, the Joker doesn't have to wear a disguise in order to frighten people; his visage of a laughing, creepy-looking clown is all he needs to be terrifying. To have him essentially wear a mask in order to induce horror, fear, and terror diminishes and misunderstands this very concept.

Granted, the Joker's new mask made from the skin of his own face is creepy and horror inducing, but it is the wrong kind of horror to attribute to someone like the Joker, and doesn't even make any sense given his character. It works for someone like Leatherface of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre because it actually ties in with what that character and his family does, in that they re-use the remnants of their cannibalized victims. It even made sense for the Dollmaker character in Tony Daniel's first Detective Comics story in that that character used a similar MO. But the MO of the Joker, on the other hand, was that he sets out to make people as insane as himself, to show that, deep down, they are no different than him. His face is the face of the darkness within us all, exposed for everyone to see. And it didn't have to take a mask made from his own flesh to get that point across.
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post15691626
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Well, aside from the serious amount of infection something like that would cause (which, to be fair, I give a pass towards, being that this is a comic book after all), the Joker essentially wearing his own face like as a mask is not only superfluous but misses a crucial point about the Joker as a character, IMO. As I said awhile back when we we're first getting wind of this:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post15691626
    Indeed. 10char

I don't understand the hate for Joker's face being cut off. I think it's freakin terrifying...
    I don't think it's terrifying at all. It just looks silly, and not in a good Jokery way.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe De Los Muertos View Post
    If you were never into comics before this, you can't comment. You don't know how it feels to be told that the stories you were reading for the past few years of your life didn't happen and don't count. You don't know how it feels to watch your favorite characters become absolute idiots or basically, everything you thought you knew is untrue.
    I guess what this is about then is how sweet justice can really be. I mean, Crisis on Infinite Earths came along and demolished something I really liked for something apparently you really liked. So, guess we all get a hearty laugh out of the deal. I know I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    I guess what this is about then is how sweet justice can really be. I mean, Crisis on Infinite Earths came along and demolished something I really liked for something apparently you really liked. So, guess we all get a hearty laugh out of the deal. I know I did.
    Being happy that something other people like is demolished doesn't strike me as the sort of attitude that the heroes we all revere would approve of. I think the best approach for both Crisis and Flashpoint would have been to just create a new Earth and say (officially--I view them as still around whether it's "official" canon or not) that the other ones are still doing just fine. Indeed, because I remember being unhappy at the loss of Helena Wayne in the 1980s, I can sympathize with the people who miss Helena Bertinelli, and I don't think either one of those characters would want me to gloat about it.