The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Why is Flash presently missing from the Justice League?

Flash does not appear in JUSTICE LEAGUE # 15, and his absence is not explained. We know the reason that Green Lantern isn't there, but is Flash's absence a reflection of current events in his own comic?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    The comic book industry/medium is paradoxically the most fragile and most resilient thing in the world. Its noisiest critics insist every day that every cough, sputter, or dirty look threatens to destroy it, but it has survived every prediction of its demise for nearly eight decades.

I may be misremembering, but wasn't The Flash mentioned in either JL or Aquaman as doing something in his city during the time Gotham was flooded?

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
    I may be misremembering, but wasn't The Flash mentioned in either JL or Aquaman as doing something in his city during the time Gotham was flooded?
    Yep. It is explained in passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasm View Post
    Yep. It is explained in passing.

Yep, he's too busy with Grodd in his own city, if I recall. DC actually has an editor at times, and they seem to try and make sense of where all their characters are currently at.
    Every man is guilty of the good he did not do.

I think it's more that Johns didn't want to use him in this particular story, so he's using the Grodd attack as an excuse. It would be odd if he suddenly decided to worry about that kind of continuity after using Hal Jordan so much.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Flash is part of the Justice League contingent who arrive to help Superman take back the Fortress of Solitude, though, and looks like he's going to have a fairly prominent role in the next issue of Supergirl.

Oddly, Aquaman isn't there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Flash is part of the Justice League contingent who arrive to help Superman take back the Fortress of Solitude, though, and looks like he's going to have a fairly prominent role in the next issue of Supergirl.

Aquaman can't fight where there is no water around.

Quote Originally Posted by glennsim View Post
    I think it's more that Johns didn't want to use him in this particular story, so he's using the Grodd attack as an excuse. It would be odd if he suddenly decided to worry about that kind of continuity after using Hal Jordan so much.
    This. I actually hope we go back to the days where not every member of the JL has to be in every story. You can't really spotlight seven characters, even briefly, once in 20 pages. Jordan is trying to do it with even more characters in Team 7, but it feels a bit forced there. With fewer characters we can get to know them better. I even think it'd be cool if we got a few stories with maybe only 3-4 characters in the issue, so they'd get to breathe a bit. In fact, if it were up to me, more superhero teams would only have a handful of members. It just seems more organic for small groups to be able to be close emotionally (not to mention actually show up to the meetings - like how you invite about three times the amount of people you actually want to show up to parties) than large ones.

In the original JLoA, there got to be so many members (with new ones coming in occasionally and only one - J'Onn - having left) that you generally had a few (5-7) characters in the story and the rest were assumed to be doing other things. During the JLI era we also often didn't see the entire League on the page, with individual issues sometimes focusing on duos or trios (Beetle/Booster, Beetle/Guy, Guy/Ice, Fire/Ice, J'Onn/G'nort/Kilowog, G'nort/Scott, &c.). Worked best for filler issues, but you know . . .

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    I think the Massive Fucking Trident, Super Strength and Bulletproof Skin tend to argue differently. :D

But I wonder how good Aquaman is with ice? This is the Fortress of Solitude....

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glennsim View Post
    They don't spell it out, but I think what this means is that in the New 52, we get Hal quitting the team in #12, and then he goes back to space and does the War of the Green Lanterns stuff that was just before the New 52, he loses his ring and all of that, and then we get the events of Green Lantern up to the Annual/#0.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Flash does not appear in JUSTICE LEAGUE # 15, and his absence is not explained. We know the reason that Green Lantern isn't there, but is Flash's absence a reflection of current events in his own comic?

They guy with a Flash avatar doesn't remember them saying Flash is busy in his own city, referencing directly the current storyline in Flash?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Barry saw Aquaman's name on the caller ID and went back to sleep.

Yeah, I think H'el on Earth takes place after Throne of Atlantis: witness Wonder Womans first official date with Supes the JL with her narrative captions in Supes 15.
    Last edited by dupersuper; 01-07-2013 at 08:27 AM.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

That didn't bother me because its explained in passing he's dealing with something back home. What I'm wondering about is where he is in the ads showing Shazam joining the team. Isn't he missing from those?