Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I'm interested in TEAM 7. Talk to me, is it worth reading?

What the title says. Are you reading Team 7? Is it any good? Any cool stuff happening in that book? The previews sure look like alot is going on.

Is there suspense? Romance? Action?

For now, just action.

It's an okay comic. Nothing special. The roster is too damn crowded and costumes are nowhere near distinct enough for me to tell who everybody is all the time, so I'm hoping to see some deaths and dropouts.

It's worth reading if you're a fan of Deathstroke, Canary, or any of the other characters, or if you want more backstory on the DCnU.
    Same Day: Batgirl, Supergirl, WW, DemonK, JLD, Dial H, Earth 2, SoS
    Maybe Later: Action, GL, Aqua, DCUP, Titans, Firestorm, Animal, Swampy, Batwoman, Worlds F, JL, Flash, PhantomS, BoP, GL: NG

I found the book to be pretty "meh" to be honest. I bought the first 3 issues and nothing about it really pulled me in (and I say that as a fan of both Canary and Grifter).

As said above, there are too many characters and the characterizations aren't really distinct enough (basically a bunch of badasses doing badass things).

And for it being the book that's supposed to be telling the backstory of the DCU - I kind of feel like it's failing there, as the story portrayed so far doesn't feel very "important" at all, and over all not all that interesting.

That's of course just my opinion. I've heard some people really enjoy it. Like anything else, you'd have to try it to see if you would like it.

BANNED

Most definitely, all the characters have great and distinctive personality and the action scenes are really well portrayed.

The only problem is that the first story seems to be kinda editorially mandated, once that this arc ends I'm sure the book will become much better.

I'm enjoying it. Jordan's script is pretty great, even if the current story is a little by the numbers.
    The arts also a bit on the average side. Not bad by any means but its just very plain. I would agree that at first the book seems a bit crowded but by 3 I was beginning to get a better feel for the cast.
    If you enjoy hi-octane action, "badass" characters and the odd funny quip, you could do a lot worse than Team 7.

And I'll say this; I've found Grifter to be more entertaining in three issues of Team 7 than 15+ of his own book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    And I'll say this; I've found Grifter to be more entertaining in three issues of Team 7 than 15+ of his own book.
    Not to mention that Black Canary is much more competent and interesting here than in the book where she's supposedly the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by _Pandora_ View Post
    What the title says. Are you reading Team 7? Is it any good? Any cool stuff happening in that book? The previews sure look like alot is going on.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but your best option would be to read the first few issues in the store and then decide if its worth reading or not.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

It's interested me so far, and I'm still in for new issues. But they have to be grand in scope for this title so it doesn't fail in execution like how Stormwatch was originally supposed to fill the role of the title that explores the new past of the DCnU.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Earth 2, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

I dropped it after 3 issues. It's an annoying book. The characters spend their time spinning out cliche, tough-guy quips. The art is pretty poor, too; not '90s bad, but just flat with flashes of odd perspective.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Worlds' Finest, My Little Pony, The Flash, Birds of Prey, Batman '66

BANNED

If you enjoyed the '90s comics, Team 7 is for you. Otherwise, it's just kind of there.

Quote Originally Posted by _Pandora_ View Post

Only action, as others have said. I've read #s 0 through 3 and it's passing muster for me so far, but barely - this one's constantly on the bubble, but I love the current Eclipso storyline so I'm waiting to see how it pans out. Mostly I like this comic so far for the plot (and the villains), which seems to be pretty fun, not the artwork (which is very '90s), the characters (which blend together too much), or the connections to DCU continuity (of which there are few, so far). I have a feeling this is one of those titles that will read better over several issues, though, and we only have a few so far. I also really want to support DC's non-super-hero books to the extent that I like them, so I'm giving this a couple more issues at least. I really like non-powered and non-costumed characters as well, so if that's you you might like it too.

I'd read #1 and see if you like it. #0 was largely a waste of space, and not really similar to the other issues so far.

BANNED

You're better off reading Jordan's Deathstroke, which started issue 15. Team 7 isn't bad, but the static artist and the juggling act of the large cast works against it.

Team 7 is a fun little action thing. nothing special, but fun.

where is Steve Trevor anyway? this was supposed to his team, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Famousringo View Post
    For now, just action.

It's an okay comic. Nothing special. The roster is too damn crowded and costumes are nowhere near distinct enough for me to tell who everybody is all the time, so I'm hoping to see some deaths and dropouts.

It's worth reading if you're a fan of Deathstroke, Canary, or any of the other characters, or if you want more backstory on the DCnU.
    Who needs to have different costumes when you can differentiate characters by their faces. Grifter (mask), Deathstroke (white hair), Fairchild (beard), Bronson (bandanna when not in heavy suit), Canary (blonde), Waller (black), Higgins (bald), Lance (brunnette). Did I miss anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    It's interested me so far, and I'm still in for new issues. But they have to be grand in scope for this title so it doesn't fail in execution like how Stormwatch was originally supposed to fill the role of the title that explores the new past of the DCnU.
    I don't think Stormwatch was every about exploring the past of the new52. It was suppose to be the linchpin book that tied the new52 together.