Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Comic Book Fanatic!!! Memphis Raines's Avatar

Great review, but LMAO @ "Where is my Peter?!? Where's my Peter?!?" in the grandpa voice @ 6:22

Default Superior Spider-Man #1 Preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14751

LIVING BRAIN? LIVING BRAIN? Amazing Spider-Man #8 was my first comic and it was the Living Brains first and only(?) appearance, but I loved that machine. Now Dan Slott is bringing it back? I have to get this for nostalgia alone.

But Otto sounds like himself, alright, but, he does respond to a police call about the Sinister Six robbery. We have yet to see if Otto apprehended them, or leads them.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Living Brain showed up again later on.

Otto is clearly gonna have to rethink his strategy of just rushing in.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Preview looks pretty nice. Love the art for it.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Am I the only one reminded of the Cheesoid sketch by Mitchell and Webb?

Meh. I'm still skipping it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14751

LIVING BRAIN? LIVING BRAIN? Amazing Spider-Man #8 was my first comic and it was the Living Brains first and only(?) appearance, but I loved that machine. Now Dan Slott is bringing it back? I have to get this for nostalgia alone.

But Otto sounds like himself, alright, but, he does respond to a police call about the Sinister Six robbery. We have yet to see if Otto apprehended them, or leads them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35-1.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	106766

The Living Brain has shown up in a Spider-Man comic before since ASM #8. It just wasn't in an ASM comic, which is probably why you missed it.
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; 01-05-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35-1.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	106766

The Living Brain has shown up in a Spider-Man comic before since ASM #8. It just wasn't in an ASM comic, which is probably why you missed it.
    Yeah, that, and it was probably in the 80's because I only returned to Spidey when Peters Parents came back just before the clone saga. Thanks for finding that cover, by the way. It looks a good tribute.

But this use of the Living Brain is rather unique, and I'm surprised nobody used it long before this as it's such a dorky object, and we have had way more dorky characters used than this before.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yeah, that, and it was probably in the 80's because I only returned to Spidey when Peters Parents came back just before the clone saga. Thanks for finding that cover, by the way. It looks a good tribute.

But this use of the Living Brain is rather unique, and I'm surprised nobody used it long before this as it's such a dorky object, and we have had way more dorky characters used than this before.
    No problem! Yeah, that comic is definitely from the 80s (check out the mullets...lol). Web of Spider-Man was a series that started out with a lot of promise but it quickly became obvious that Web was the bottom tier Spidey title. This issue was actually pretty decent, though. Probably because it was a tribute to a more classic Spidey issue and era.

I like how Otto has convinced himself that he's Peter. I hope he develops a sense of humor... he'll need that in the Avengers books and teamups

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    No problem! Yeah, that comic is definitely from the 80s (check out the mullets...lol). Web of Spider-Man was a series that started out with a lot of promise but it quickly became obvious that Web was the bottom tier Spidey title. This issue was actually pretty decent, though. Probably because it was a tribute to a more classic Spidey issue and era.
    Gerry Conway wrote that one! Web Of was at its best when it was written by Gerry Conway (along with his Spectacular run going on simultaneously), more experienced after his ASM run years before

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    And as always, Ryan Stegman continues to be God.
    Easy, tiger. His art only looks that good because you had to Brillo your eyes with Ramos' stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    Shocker Being Lumped in with the C-List Fodder Makes me really Sad...
    This. Between Shocker, Legit, Transistor & Polarity (all Shocker fanfiction stories), I've always held out a hope he'd get a solo title or mini-series from the folks at Marvel. Still Waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Easy, tiger. His art only looks that good because you had to Brillo your eyes with Ramos' stuff.
    Incorrect, stranger. He's as good as Ramos is bad. He's a bonafide superstar artist and I'm glad he's on the big book, even with potentially rapist Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    No, Stegman rules. Let's hope he lasts more than six issues this time (cough Scarlet Spider).