Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think it's because she doesn't know he choked her in Superman 14.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    yeah but she's 16. Are people even reading these books? I ask because this happened in her book like two weeks ago.
    I am, but I'm a month behind.

To be fair there isnt a standard age of consent on planet Earth. Even in the US it varies from 16-18. In Canada they just raised it to 16 from 14. Mexico seems to be the lowest in the americas with 12, but 15 seems the average for south america.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of..._North_America

Who knows what the acceptable age is for space aliens XD

From what little I understand of females they are desperate for love and security. We have to consider that poor Kara has been through a lot of pain, confusing scenarios and the trauma of losing her home world, been disconnected permanately from her parents, friends and extended family members and so to have H'el express what she thinks are genuine and caring interests in her drew out a romantic swoosh of gratitude from her heart to his. Of course I cringed when she kissed him lol. But at least we know that this won't end up as tragic as things did between Anakin and Padme or as awkward as they did between Edward, Bella and Jacob rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by christinereed View Post
    I think it's because she doesn't know he choked her in Superman 14.

I am, but I'm a month behind.
    She hadn't read the issue yet.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

LOL It isn't that shocking since he has made her to believe he will bring Krypton back and has been very supporting of her and shares a pro-Krypton agenda. Plus, the only other kryptonian besides Kara is Kal, her cousin, who "betrayed" her. Surely H'el will use Kara's feelings towards him to his advantage.

Clone or not, I have a a bad feeling she's going to be upset at Kal no matter what the end is, thus I'm wondering if we're going to see another mary Marvel type situation. Kara goes to the darkside because of H'el's defeat.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Clone or not, I have a a bad feeling she's going to be upset at Kal no matter what the end is, thus I'm wondering if we're going to see another mary Marvel type situation. Kara goes to the darkside because of H'el's defeat.
    More likely, when she will realize this plan will kill everyone on Earth (including her only friend there), she will have second thoughts and either try to convince H'El not to go through with it or outright turn on him. Just like, y'know, she didn't want him to murder Superboy.
    Which doesn't mean things would go smoothly with her cousin. But it's been 15 episodes she insults him everytime they meet and she wasn't a bad gal for that.

While I don't like that Kara's being duped by this guy, I can see why she's falling for his tactic AND he is after all manipulating the feelings of a young girl whom he's been observing for quite a long while and devising plans for. If anything, it's H'El who will probably shoulder most of her anger when the story plays out. When it comes to light how he's manipulated her she's gonna be royally unhappy. Choking her as Kal won't compare to lying to her and making her have feelings for him.
    Did Wonder Woman and Superman just catch an aircraft carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I would like to think they know well enough not to go there again. A little research should show DC that those early Supergirl issues after Loeb/Turner brought her back are pretty loathed on a general scale, mainly because she's so unheroic and unlikeable.

What I HOPE happens is that Kara's down on herself from being used but it turns into a turning point for both her and Superman as he's comforting toward her also realizing that he had not been giving her discomfort and shell-shock over her new surroundings their due credit and attention. He can do more to help her acclimate and make her comfortable, and he can be more sympathetic. He knows, on an intellectual level, the difference between his situation and hers, but despite words he's not really displaying that he gets her plight. Which is completely understandable, he shouldn't have all the answers or get what she's feeling automatically. But he needs to try a little more to get to know her.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-06-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    He is the only other member of her species besides her cousin and his clone, who else is she gonna boink? Im sure Kryptonians are not pro-incest, lol. And boinking humans is probably beastality, we are only 1-2% different from monkeys and we dont boink them. Well most of us dont. XD Im sure Kryptonians have to be alot more than 2% different from humans. How hard up do you have to be to date a monkey?
    Where would it be incest? They are Cousins not siblings!

Gone

This one never gets old... ^_^

♪♪ ♥♥Super-girl has a boy-friend!♥♥ ♪♪

- Eeewwww!

Kara loves Krypton. In Nu52, Kara is way more attached to her Kryptonian heritage than Kal is.

It's only natural that Kara is falling for H'el because the guy is all about Krypton. It would be like Poison Ivy falling for Captain Planet - At some point, the reasons for attraction are so obvious and strong that moral alignments go out the window.

I suspect that Kara will be hit hard by H'el's inevitable defeat. But I don't think she'll go to the dark side over it. I think it'll just be an easy way to give her moments of ANGST and DRAMA in future Supergirl books.
    Please check out my new anime blog:

http://assessingtheanime.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I would like to think they know well enough not to go there again. A little research should show DC that those early Supergirl issues after Loeb/Turner brought her back are pretty loathed on a general scale, mainly because she's so unheroic and unlikeable.

What I HOPE happens is that Kara's down on herself from being used but it turns into a turning point for both her and Superman as he's comforting toward her also realizing that he had not been giving her discomfort and shell-shock over her new surroundings their due credit and attention. He can do more to help her acclimate and make her comfortable, and he can be more sympathetic. He knows, on an intellectual level, the difference between his situation and hers, but despite words he's not really displaying that he gets her plight. Which is completely understandable, he shouldn't have all the answers or get what she's feeling automatically. But he needs to try a little more to get to know her.
    Or what I FEAR is that we're going to happen is a case of the "I told you so's" from the writers where Kara is kind of lambasted for her actions by Clark or maybe not him but rather the JL thinking she's dangerous and far to trusting. Then we have a case of a starting split over this of "well the Kryptonian girl is choosing her own kind over us we can't let that stand." or, and this is what has me worried. That Kara will reject Clark's help and feel that her last connection to that world is gone and force her down a less heroic path that comes up on the Trinty war.

If it is the way the rumors are going around, with Pandora and two others being part of the sins, then Kara might play a part in that. Feeling like this world has rejected her thus making her more likely to make some bigger mistakes as a 15 year old girl would.

On the other hand, supposing she does get mad at H'el and such events where he's defeted does happen, we may see Kara become more cynical and serious rather then fun. She may feel that it's even the Leagues fault for the loss of her new friend. And yes while I agree that she would become upset at the prospect of losing her friend, she may try to talk H'el into allowing that person to come with them and thus probably not feel as bad over it?

I just have a really bad feeling about the whole "Ramificaitons" aspects that the writers and artist keep touting about this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." - Conan