Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ThunderBolts # 3 Preview

Here is the preview for Thunderbolts #3
    it looks good so far.

I am intrigued by the Rulk/Deadpool bit, not so much with the Punisher bit.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

I don't see Frank wanting people to gun down innocent animals just for target practice. I'll have to wait until the issue comes out to see what's up.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    I don't see Frank wanting people to gun down innocent animals just for target practice. I'll have to wait until the issue comes out to see what's up.
    Yeah, that monkey bit seems a stretch.

Not to mention Punisher already had trouble leading people before.

Groupthink is Groupthink neohuey89's Avatar

I think those soldiers passed that test.

I love the conversation between Rulk and Deadpool, "Gay Bomb in the mid-90's LOL"
    I have no idea where Daniel Way is going with Punisher telling the people to shot a chained animal, that seems out-of-character to me.
    I love the glimps of Mercy, I'm dying for her to appear and what she has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Yeah, that monkey bit seems a stretch.

Not to mention Punisher already had trouble leading people before.
    Songbird/Diamondback are you reading this book?

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoMX9 View Post
    I love the conversation between Rulk and Deadpool, "Gay Bomb in the mid-90's LOL"
    I have no idea where Daniel Way is going with Punisher telling the people to shot a chained animal, that seems out-of-character to me.
    I love the glimps of Mercy, I'm dying for her to appear and what she has to say.

I got that impression too, and I am kind of wondering why this team is wasting their time training these folks. Wasn't the deal 'we take out your dictator, and then you vote in someone better?' Or is Punisher going to use them in the assault as a bunch of Red Shirts?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoMX9 View Post
    Nope, just this preview, and it looks like typical Way.

BANNED

AWW Its Cute!
    damn well done mr dillion, i Cant Stand your Art, thanks for breaking the trend a tiny bit.

i actualy think Frank is very serious here, i bet its some rabid man eating ape, he broke the resraints and i bet it will attack them and they will be forced to put it down.

I really don't like art. The faces all look quite unnatural.

The writing feels REALLY awkward. I'm not sure why exactly but every bodies speech patterns are off to me.

I'm pretty glad I didn't give this "Code Red" book a try. (anybody else read that arc of Hulk?)
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post

The writing feels REALLY awkward. I'm not sure why exactly but every bodies speech patterns are off to me.

I'm pretty glad I didn't give this "Code Red" book a try. (anybody else read that arc of Hulk?)
    Don't Call it that...
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

Don't know what the hell is Way doing with the Punisher but this is not his way of doing things, i hope this is some sort of a desguise or something.
    Last edited by Bionder; 01-04-2013 at 01:37 AM.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14752

Different set of preview pages. Looks like the monkey indeed attacks the people. Aw, and it looked so cute and sad before...

Also, it appears that the Dictator's people left Deadpool for dead and took Elektra. I'll try and resist feelings of frustration at how the only female team member is the first one captured on the team's mission....she better free herself and kill a whole mess of people on her own.

I hate that soft shading, makes the comic look like a webcomic.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post

There was an issue called "Code Red" the graphic novel is Hulk Vol. 4: Hulk vs. X-Force by Jeph Loeb and Ian Churchill. I loved it because Loeb showed Elektra as the voice of reason, we learn some of his motivation and the start his character growth. Plus it featured most of this group minus Venom.

I'm not that thrilled with Steve Dillon's art either, but it looks better as he goes along. I have mixed feelings with Daniel Way; the pacing is bad, the plot isn't moving forward, or moving very slowly. I now understand why so many people loved the idea of these characters as a team but hate Dillon and Way. I'm sticking with the book because I love the characters. If Way and Dillon fail to impress maybe a better creative team will come down the road? I'm excited that Phil Noto is taking over the art; his Elektra, Deadpool, and Hulk look great.