Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'll just leave this here...

Attachment 106836
    ...and I'll just save that to my hard drive...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Redruum View Post
    wait, did i do something bad?
    No, is just CFJ is not the best liked series around here (yet still there is a lot of people looks liked it, not me).
    Sadly, as a lot of proyects, the basic plot was interesting enough and had clever points and grey zones to explore (as the Atoms recurring to torture to get information from a villian). But the resolution was weak and unresolved. The art was ok, but with that level of creatives you would have expected something better.
    Also, the series commits the sin of "cannon fodder"characters, that's means, rescued characters almost forgotten just to killed them without a real development to make you really care for them, just to make Prometheus look really bad. Robinson can make it better.
    Part Kryptonian, Part Asgardian, all Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Fans are sometimes shocked and appalled when this happens, going all the way back to the death of Gwen Stacy (sorry, throwing a Marvel reference in there), but I like how it keeps the characters grounded and human.
    Nope. That's not it. The story sucked. Identity Crisis and Killing Joke didn't. CfJ has cheesy lines, horrible dialogue in general, the plot makes little to no sense, the story is derrailed (from a proactive team that actually should sound like a good idea to Dinah, but Hal never materializes to stop a nonsense villain scheme), lots of plot holes / continuity gaps, and is basically all shock value in over-killing amounts with no emotional exploration. It's not an emotional deconstruction, just the shell of one.

Oh and this:

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    the resolution was weak and unresolved. The art was ok, but with that level of creatives you would have expected something better.
    Also, the series commits the sin of "cannon fodder"characters, that's means, rescued characters almost forgotten just to killed them without a real development to make you really care for them, just to make Prometheus look really bad. Robinson can make it better.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

If there was one and only one good thing about 'The New 52' it's that it killed this story arc dead.
    Superhero prose fiction: Corrupts Absolutely?, Heroics, more suggestions at Superheronovels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
    If there was one and only one good thing about 'The New 52' it's that it killed this story arc dead.
    Hey, 2 birds one stone!

Reminded me of "Are these guys (Black Sabbath) from Seattle?" - "No, assmunch, they are Americans!"
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart