Default Comic Relief with Hellboy creator Mike Mignola

An interesting interview. I like this little section:
    Paste: Going back to the gothic umbrella, between Hellboy, BPRD, Baltimore, Witchfinder and Lobster Johnson, are there any niches in the pulp and gothic generes that that you haven’t been able to scratch yet?

Mignola: Yes, there are a couple. There are two different books that I’m going to be writing. There are things that I’ve touched on in Hellboy that have never really been fully explored, so that’s one of the things on my list after I finish this first arc of Hellboy in Hell. I’m really looking forward to writing these two. They’ll probably be two 5-issue miniseries. And I don’t want to say what they are yet, but they’re stories that take place previous to what we’ve been doing. They’re slotted in a time period that we underdeveloped, dealing with those characters who haven’t gotten as much of a spotlight as maybe they should.

Paste: Any hints as to who’s on art?

Mignola: Nothing’s set in stone. But as of right now, they’re two different artists who are currently working on other things in the BPRD world. I think in both cases, artists who I haven’t actually written for myself. They’re guys who have been working with the co-writers. But they’re both great artists, and I’m hoping it’s going to work out with these guys.

This is was a very interesting read! Thanks for sharing!

I wonder if one of the two stories mentioned could be Sledgehammer '44?

No, Sledgehammer '44 is a two-issue story. The stories he's talking about are longer, roughly five-issue minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    I wonder if one of the two stories mentioned could be Sledgehammer '44?
    Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    No, Sledgehammer '44 is a two-issue story. The stories he's talking about are longer, roughly five-issue minis.
    Yeah, I'm guessing the underused time-frame would be a telling thing. It sounds to me mr. Mike is talking about stuff that would need to get made into stories, when taking into account the bigger picture or scope of things? Either for timeframes or just for great stuff that would need getting made next to what has been made?

I'm wondering whether Liz might be to prove a bit of a time-travelling vessel, in how she'd be much internal and meditative or visionary-esque, in order to master her pyrokinetic aptitudes?
    Like it would seem that particular adversaries or representatives of such would seek out those who might end up as destined to be countering them. Like any adversaries having dabbled with what the BPRD aims to be dabbling with, adversaries from demons to weird priests or any such. Like those wouldn't only seek out Hellboy, but potentially Liz or Abe or even Roger too.
    And for any such, more stuff or perspectives could get put forth like on where the RHOD or the Ogdru Jahad or any destinies would be coming from, or how such would have been developing, as from way back when?

I'm gonna most readily and eagerly assume any of it is gonna be spectacular and buff.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.