Default This is Just Getting SIlly Now.

616 continues to appropriate original Ultimate ideas. We've had Hawkeye & Cap's new costumes, Black Nick Fury, the idea of the government controlling the Superheroes (SHRA), Betty becoming a Hulk, etc. go over to 616 from the UU.

Now the Rocketmen have found themselves there as well:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1357170184.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	106689

Marvel management is constantly trying to separate the UU and 616, but at the same time they allow this stuff to happen, thereby bringing the two universes closer together.

How long until the Chitari show up in Guardians of the Galaxy?

Those look to be the anti spider-man suits Mayor Jameson has to "protect" the city from the Wall-Crawler

Weren't the Rocketmen effectively the Ultimate version of SHIELD's Mandroids, another low-grade Iron Man designed by Tony Stark to allow SHIELD to stand a chance against metahuman foes?

I think its cool when things from the Ultimate U. get pulled over to 616.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

I remember reading an article somewhere--it may have been here or at Newsarama--saying that a lot of the recent changes in the Ultimate universe is a result of the 616 catching up to it. And I think that was about 12 to 16 months ago...
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

I don't really get this complaint. The Ultimate Universe is founded on the idea of reusing ideas from 616. That's literally why it was started. If there's a good idea from the UU, why not go the other way with it?

Or should non-Ultimate fans be annoyed that (for 10 years) the UU had "their" Spider-man costume and a whole bunch of other things?

And furthermore, I don't really see how the Rocketmen have been stolen.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaInferno View Post
    Those look to be the anti spider-man suits Mayor Jameson has to "protect" the city from the Wall-Crawler
    Yea that's what I think they are. Only reason they're not going after "Spider-Man" is because Jameson now likes him.

From ASM 274
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 01-03-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

It can't be too silly if it's working. The sales seem to indicate as such. And the Avengers movie, which adopted its share of Ultimate themes, was the second highest grossing movie of all time. It's only silly if it fails. I don't think what 616 or the movies have done constitutes failure in the slightest.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    It can't be too silly if it's working. The sales seem to indicate as such. And the Avengers movie, which adopted its share of Ultimate themes, was the second highest grossing movie of all time. It's only silly if it fails. I don't think what 616 or the movies have done constitutes failure in the slightest.
    I don't mean to sound rude, but UC: The Ultimates is selling better than UC: X-Men. So does that mean The Ultimates is better than UC:XM?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I don't mean to sound rude, but UC: The Ultimates is selling better than UC: X-Men. So does that mean The Ultimates is better than UC:XM?
    I think that's an argument for another thread, my friend.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Lol if Ultimate Marvel would suddenly gain massive sales due to copying 616-Marvel and so forward, you'd be calling it lame and how uninspiring Ultimate has become since Ultimatum. ;)
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

They've been around for a while in the 616.....
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Lol if Ultimate Marvel would suddenly gain massive sales due to copying 616-Marvel and so forward, you'd be calling it lame and how uninspiring Ultimate has become since Ultimatum. ;)
    Do you read minds? Do you know for certain whether or not someone would like something based on complete speculation about stories that have not (and probably will not) be told? If not, then why do you insist on picking fights on message boards with people you know don't agree with you?

And Ultimate has copied 616 in some ways. The Iron Patriot armor is a 616 concept from Dark Reign. And hippie Thor eventually turned into 616 Thor over the course of the series and that seems to have worked. So what's the problem here?

X-men Supreme

And Ultimate has copied 616 in some ways. The Iron Patriot armor is a 616 concept from Dark Reign. And hippie Thor eventually turned into 616 Thor over the course of the series and that seems to have worked. So what's the problem here?
    I'm not trying to pick a fight here, i'm just stating my mind, but i do admit i wish i had edited that post because i probably do come off too rude, so i apologyze for that and lets start 2013 in a happy way. *Bro Fist* :3

Yes i know both Universes copy from each other, again i guess i went too far and i just wish to say i didn't mean to offend you, just kinda tease or be a small jerk. I wouldn't say Thor has gone completely 616 with Mark Millar and Jonathan Hickman bringing the "hero of the people liberarists" aspects back, but it seems to have gone more forward to 616 with Humphries, shrughs.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Junior Member NapoleonBlownapart's Avatar

Why do you even care? I seriously don't understand why it's a problem when a good idea from the Ultimate Universe makes its way into 616. We should be more concerned with how Marvel imports concepts solely for the purpose of tying in with the movies (ie Mandarin, Iron Patriot, Inifnity Gauntlet).