Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Glad to see Rachel being acknowledged anywhere. This might be interesting, I'll pick it up!

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I think Otto is smart enough to not just kill a bunch of kids on his watch and draw unwanted attention to him. Moreso than he may already do.

Not to mention he is trying to be a hero in his own screwed up way.
    Kill em, watch em die, take what you want and leave a mini-nuke to take care of the rest of the FF when they come back. That's what Doc Ock would do. He's a bad guy after all even if he is wearing Peter's body.

Hey Wacker!!!

Is there anyway to get Bret Blevins to guest pencil the Sleepwalker issue? Or at the very least do the cover? All us Sleepy fans would be tickled if y'all made that happen!!
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.

heh... I guess telepaths are the obvious achilles heel in this saga.. Professor X is dead, so he's no good in finding out.. Ock/pete will have to come up with some type of brainwave blocker helmet that's form-fitting, I guess.. lol..

BANNED

So basically this is Dr. Doom as a good guy?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Kill em, watch em die, take what you want and leave a mini-nuke to take care of the rest of the FF when they come back. That's what Doc Ock would do. He's a bad guy after all even if he is wearing Peter's body.
    The old Doc Ock, perhaps. But the old Doc Ock would have also failed at it, and in the process been beaten by a bunch of kids.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Well, Yost's gameplan so far sounds more interesting o3o guess you just can't go wrong with Yost and spiders.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    The old Doc Ock, perhaps. But the old Doc Ock would have also failed at it, and in the process been beaten by a bunch of kids.
    And let's not forget that he still has Peter's conscience lingering in his head, so killing a bunch of kids isn't gonna be on the itinerary if he doesn't want to drive himself even more insane with guilt or force whatever embers of Peter's personality are left besides the conscience to well up and try to reclaim Peter's body. It's just that since this is a rather sociopathic person being influenced but not domineered by Peter's conscience, the associated personality defects will still shape a great deal of Otto's decisions even as a "good guy." In a way, he's like a superhero version of Dexter, a clinical sociopath who tries to channel his antisocial personality towards what could be considered good deeds while concealing that same antisocial personality from his associates in order to not arouse suspicion. (The latter part, obviously, is where he fails in contrast to Dexter, but the comparison is still somewhat apt in my opinion.)
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

I still hope that Kaine appears, considering that it was he who killed Octavius ​​once, the egocentric seek revenge and Kaine would break her face.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SPIDER-FAN(1) View Post
    I still hope that Kaine appears, considering that it was he who killed Octavius ​​once, the egocentric seek revenge and Kaine would break her face.
    With all the love I got for Kaine, Otto is gonna whoop that butt.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin Spider View Post
    And let's not forget that he still has Peter's conscience lingering in his head, so killing a bunch of kids isn't gonna be on the itinerary if he doesn't want to drive himself even more insane with guilt or force whatever embers of Peter's personality are left besides the conscience to well up and try to reclaim Peter's body. It's just that since this is a rather sociopathic person being influenced but not domineered by Peter's conscience, the associated personality defects will still shape a great deal of Otto's decisions even as a "good guy." In a way, he's like a superhero version of Dexter, a clinical sociopath who tries to channel his antisocial personality towards what could be considered good deeds while concealing that same antisocial personality from his associates in order to not arouse suspicion. (The latter part, obviously, is where he fails in contrast to Dexter, but the comparison is still somewhat apt in my opinion.)
    I did like the line Yost had about how Otto's attitude stiln eeds some work. xD

The Superior SpideyClone SpideyClone's Avatar

Yost's plans remind me very much of how Fabian Nicieza handled Helmut Zemo in Thunderbolts. Not so much a redemption story. Both were humbled, to a degree, by a newfound perspective of their past actions, and both resolved to be "better" than they had been. Although it seems Ock may have a bigger chip on his shoulder...

Quote Originally Posted by JTRobin View Post
    Yost's plans remind me very much of how Fabian Nicieza handled Helmut Zemo in Thunderbolts. Not so much a redemption story. Both were humbled, to a degree, by a newfound perspective of their past actions, and both resolved to be "better" than they had been. Although it seems Ock may have a bigger chip on his shoulder...
    The difference is that Zemo's 'ending point' seems to be Otto's 'starting point'. Otto will be growing from here as a character. I am also wondering what his plan is going to wind up being. :D