Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Now that I think about it, Shiki Tohno should be able to do it - the Eyes of Death Perception are supposedly a form of fate manipulation, IIRC. Hitting the 'death spot' on an object effectively moved the end the stuff would have had to now, so as long as the adamantium would eventually have been destroyed (by, say, the end of the universe at the very least) he should be able to do it. (That said, there's some stuff within the games that seems to contradict this, so maybe not.)
    Yeah, either SHiki should do just fine as Adamantium isn't being kept alive by an external source, a sentient rumor or not possessing a Gaian Concept of Death (probably). Dude kills inanimate objects all the time, and a block of metal, durable as it may be, would almost certainly be on the same wavelength as his powers range of effectiveness.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob
    2) Telekinesis - I honestly can't think of a straight up telekinetic who could do it. Possibly Jean Grey if she were Pheonix amped, but that's kind of cheating.
    Well Shaman Nate can rearrange atoms with his TK, so he should be able to.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

The Elric Brothers, via transmutation.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Well Shaman Nate can rearrange atoms with his TK, so he should be able to.
    Shaman Nate shouldn't have any problems at all with this. Neither should Excalibur-era Phoenix Rachel - she manipulated matter all the time on a sub-atomic level.

It sounds like Matter-Eater Lad, Amelia Voght or Alchemy or Diablo are the weakest to pull this off.

Since Diablo is actually just a really old skinny dude with a freaky-good chemistry set, he's probably the true "weakest" to do it.

I still think Melter has a chance at being the weakest. His gun isn't about "heat" as such. It breaks down metallic bonds. Diablo at least has a form of limited immortality and some magic to make him a threat, even without the chemistry set. And a brain. Melter is just "some generic thug with a fancy gun".

I wonder if Avalanche from Freedom Force could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Valliant View Post
    If he could, Logan would be a puddle by now.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Valliant View Post
    I wouldn't think so - his power seems quite limited to what it affects. Rictor, OTOH, might well be able to do so - he recently used his power on a demony-person and blew it right up. However, I still think that Adamantium is too strong for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    He claimed he made a microscropic dent in it that no one else could see. It was a very sad moment for Thor.
    That's right - he insisted that he'd dented it and that he could see it with his godly eyes and everyone else was like suuuuuuuuuuure you did, big guy...
    Last edited by big_adventure; 01-04-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Dost thou doubt the veracity of the Odinson's well documented Thorvision?

Also, I guess the weakest would be the most delicate person who is still able to pick up a chunk of Antarctic Vibranium or an Ultronesque Matter Manipulator tech.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Dost thou doubt the veracity of the Odinson's well documented Thorvision?

Also, I guess the weakest would be the most delicate person who is still able to pick up a chunk of Antarctic Vibranium or an Ultronesque Matter Manipulator tech.
    So maybe Lord Parnival Plunder for the win?
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Let's stick to standard equipment, eh?

Probably nowhere near weakest, but Yukari Yakumo should be able to mess around with the boundries of the cube.

Also Flandre Scarlet, who's ability to destroy things seems to be conceptual rather than based on force.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    The only comparable metal I can think of is Inertron, and that shit can hold PC Superboy. Not sure if it would take that much for Adamantium.
    Well Superboy did eventually break it, but he needed the "strength of madness". So PC Kryptonians could maybe do it I guess? I've never actually known exactly how durable the stuff is at the high end. I'm assuming it can easily survive planet busting forces. What's the most impressive durability feat? I think Gladiator broke the stuff, but that was probably either not true adamantium or just SMvsFL. Admittedly I'd always assumed it took at least a low end cosmic to damage the stuff.

For physical force if the PC Kryptonians can't do it then you probably need to go to Composite Superman or PC Darkseid or PC Validus. Which I suppose really says a lot about how tough the stuff is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I have no idea which category would be right for Matter Eater Lad. Maybe category #1?
    Should be 1 since he's using physical force to bite it. Whatever allows him to digest the adamantium is another story. If it's not physical force then it might be some kind of weirdly specific reality warping. Or I don't know maybe he has super special enzymes in his mouth.
    Last edited by Surtur; 01-04-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Big Hairy Member JeffreyWKramer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Should be 1 since he's using physical force to bite it. Whatever allows him to digest the adamantium is another story. If it's not physical force then it might be some kind of weirdly specific reality warping. Or I don't know maybe he has super special enzymes in his mouth.
    As I recall it's something in his saliva. Since he's managed to eat things like Inerton and the Miracle Machine, it is possible his spit might be capable of killing a PC-Kryptonia, bizarre as that idea is. Not bloody likely, given ME Lad would have to actually *hit* the Kryptonian with his spit, but it seems at least theoretically possible.
    My Cooking Blog!

KRAMER'S LAWS:
    1) Most people are stupid.
    2) Most people who aren't stupid often behave as if they were stupid.
    3) Many people who are not stupid nonetheless believe a lot of astonishingly stupid things.

“really? isnt the bible millions of years old?” – curefreak
    “Yep. It was originally written by a stegosaurus and a fern.” – Dan Apodaca

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    If he could, Logan would be a puddle by now.
    This is a strong point.