View Poll Results: Is Inc. part of the DCnU continuity?

Voters
65. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, Didio said so

16 24.62%
  • No, things don't add up

14 21.54%
  • I don't know, there isn't enough info to tell yet

6 9.23%
  • I could care less 'cuz it's still a good book

29 44.62%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Question Is Batman Incorporated part of the current DCU continuity?

This seems to be an ongoing issue with the fans here. I know Didio has claimed it is, but I still say it doesn't fit his new rules so it can't be.

Against
    Bruce is wearing the cowl 12 years ago, when in the DC"n"U he's only been Batman for 6 years
    There have been and are "Super-Groups" other than JL
    Members of Inc. have been members of JL even though Didio insists that no one other than the original 7 has been allowed
    The Robins are still mad at Jason
    Alfred's eyes haven't been burned out (okay maybe I'm jumping the gun a little on this one)

For
    It says "The NEW 52" on the cover
    Didio said it is

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Despite it's popularity with it's fans, continuity wise this book will be forgotten once Morrison completes his story. He's essentially set up a pocket universe with this tale, IMO.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Earth 2, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

Here's how I've been reading it: Batman, Incorporated is set in a separate continuity from the New 52, but everything happening in the book is also happening in the New 52. We're just not seeing the New 52 version of events in the book.

If you want an official answer, then I don't think you're likely to find one.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

It is, but I wish it wasn't.

It would read a lot better if the reboot could be ignored.

I just view it as the last pre-New 52 story. I just assumed everyone else did as well.
    Wolvie616 is Mozambiquey

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie616 View Post
    I just view it as the last pre-New 52 story. I just assumed everyone else did as well.
    Sure, I did too. Until the comic started reflecting some of the reboot changes and until other reboot Bat-writers started referencing Inc in their comics. But yeah, until then, I completely treated it as the last pre-New 52 story. It works a million times better that way.

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    Here's how I've been reading it: Batman, Incorporated is set in a separate continuity from the New 52, but everything happening in the book is also happening in the New 52. We're just not seeing the New 52 version of events in the book.

If you want an official answer, then I don't think you're likely to find one.
    That is actually brilliant. I want to add it to the list now.

All I expect is fan opinion, it's way more interesting than what DC editorial has to say anyway.

I don't think it fits well with the other Bat books but it is part of this continuity. Other books have referred to Batman Inc. The events of all the Bat series don't always have to happening at the same time anyway. It takes several month for one arc to happen so in the course of several months, events of the different series could happen one after the other.

Besides, Batman hasn't been operating for six years, he has only been publicly known for that long. Before that he was operating as an urban legend.
    Chill!

"I could care less 'cuz it's still a good book" sums it up nicely.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Sure, I did too. Until the comic started reflecting some of the reboot changes and until other reboot Bat-writers started referencing Inc in their comics. But yeah, until then, I completely treated it as the last pre-New 52 story. It works a million times better that way.
    Yeah while Morrison seems to be trying to ignore Nu52, a lot of stuff from Old52 gets omitted here which sucks.

I really can't wait for Morrison to finish his run so I can just stop reading DCnU Batman altogether.

I've been treating it as being completely separate from everything else myself and personally I think it works far better that way. With this line of thinking I can happily ignore the existence of Inc. completely even since it's barely referenced at all in the books I'm reading and I do.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-03-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Yes, it's happening.

DEATH TO THE FIVE YEAR TIMELINE!!!!
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

It's obvious it's only in continuity because a big death will happen at the end like Talia or Damian. Besides that, DC would have just released it without the New 52 brand.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    "I could care less 'cuz it's still a good book" sums it up nicely.
    There should have been an option "I could care less 'cuz I'm not a fan" since that's really where I stand on the issue.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's obvious it's only in continuity because a big death will happen at the end like Talia or Damian. Besides that, DC would have just released it without the New 52 brand.
    Well, strictly speaking, I don't think that's accurate. I think creating a big interconnected "new 52" falls apart when you have one book that doesn't fit. I think DC wants it all to fit together, but they also don't want to piss off Morrison.

They even tried to get the Leviathan Strikes book to fit until they apparently decided it just wasn't going to work.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.