Default Firestorm #15 Discussion/Spoilers

• Firestorm vs. Captain Atom!

• Two of the most powerful heroes in the universe go head to head, and things are going to EXPLODE!

Don’t miss this issue’s shocking conclusion as the first hints of a disturbing new force in the DCU are seen!

Personally I didn't expect this resolution after reading the last line in the solicitation, although I must say I was surprised that...

Code:
    Nathaniel Adym, from Echo, is actually a fraction of Captain Atom. Although the names are almost the same...
    There are more of them? And they are allies or enemies?

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Good points is that at least they refer Fury did happen but this issue had more to do with Captain Atom then Firestorm. Not saying I don't like Captain Atom but this had zero development for Firestorm. Though I think this had more to do with depowering Captain Atom to more... standard levels since I believe he became very Dr. Manhattan issue in his own series. Not read it but heard something along those lines so I think this development was to make Captain Atom into a more useable character for the DCnU.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

How did they depower Captain Atom ? Did Firestorm have something to do with it? I always thought Captain Atom was more powerful then Firestorm
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Quote Originally Posted by robcastor729 View Post
    How did they depower Captain Atom ? Did Firestorm have something to do with it? I always thought Captain Atom was more powerful then Firestorm
    SPOILER:

spoilers:
    Atom battled with Megala-controlled Firestorm and in an attempt to contain titanic energies, fragmented his being at the quantum level and scattered it across time and space. Adym is one of those fragments. If there's another fragment of Atom in the present timeline, hopefully he's roughly as powerful as Superman, and no longer roughly as powerful as God.
    end of spoilers

Didn't much like the issue. One page had the worst layout I've seen in the new 52.
    Same Day: Batgirl, Supergirl, WW, DemonK, JLD, Dial H, Earth 2, SoS
    Maybe Later: Action, GL, Aqua, DCUP, Titans, Firestorm, Animal, Swampy, Batwoman, Worlds F, JL, Flash, PhantomS, BoP, GL: NG

Quote Originally Posted by Famousringo View Post
    SPOILER:

spoilers:
    Atom battled with Megala-controlled Firestorm and in an attempt to contain titanic energies, fragmented his being at the quantum level and scattered it across time and space. Adym is one of those fragments. If there's another fragment of Atom in the present timeline, hopefully he's roughly as powerful as Superman, and no longer roughly as powerful as God.
    end of spoilers

Didn't much like the issue. One page had the worst layout I've seen in the new 52.
    Thanks for the info.
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

I really enjoy this series since Jurgens has taken it over. And how the Captain Atom story worked out really shows how DC is really integrating its universe if fantastic. This is a fun superhero comic that people ought to pick up.