View Poll Results: What is your pick for the best DC book this week?

Voters
69. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • All-Star Western #15

4 5.80%
  • Batman, Incorporated #6

14 20.29%
  • Batman: The Dark Knight #15

0 0%
  • I, Vampire #15

9 13.04%
  • Justice League Dark #15

12 17.39%
  • Red Lanterns #15

0 0%
  • Superman #15

12 17.39%
  • Talon #3

4 5.80%
  • Teen Titans #15

2 2.90%
  • The Flash #15

7 10.14%
  • The Fury of Firestorm #15

1 1.45%
  • The Savage Hawkman #15

0 0%
  • Other (state your choice in your post)

4 5.80%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DC Book of the Week: January 2, 2013 Edition

First of the year!
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

I bought Batman Inc and Flash, and voted for Batman Inc.

The second half of Flash was breathtaking but the first half was really dull visually, just weak art there and the story didn't really advance enough. Batman Inc was pretty darn good the whole way through so that gets my vote.

I will probably end up buying Superman at some point down the line, but I'm not really digging H'El on Earth and ran out of iTunes money, so I passed on that for this week. I've been catching up with Red Hood and the Outlaws and am more likely to get my Lobdell & Rocafort fix there for a while.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Veteran Member

It's almost a tie between Superman and Batman Inc. Still, I choose Superman because it had the best portrayal of the new Lex Luthor that I've seen so far.

Third place belongs to Justice League Dark.

read Superman, JLD and Batman Inc.

Justice League Dark was best this week.

Woops, I posted a poll as well.

EDIT: looks like it was deleted, crisis averted.
    Last edited by liopleurodon; 01-03-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Superman and Batman Inc. were both really good. I went with Inc. because Titans was so bad that I felt Lobdell didn't deserve any love this week. Does that make me a bad person?

There were so many good things this week that I found it hard to decide which one to give my vote to. The Batman Beyond portion of Batman Beyond Unlimited narrowly edged out both Talon and Superman this week for me though so that gets my vote.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Voted for I, Vampire once again, although Superman was just as excellent. The story in I, Vampire remains top notch, and I was relieved at how well the new artist fit in. I remain optimistic and excited about the future of the book.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

BANNED

I voted Superman.

Batman Inc is usually my favorite, but Morrison needs to get on with the plot already.

Flash was fun stuff, though I miss Manupal.

I kind of really wanted to like and support I, Vampire but I'm getting very bored with the plot now. Don't really care about the characters so I'll probably drop it.

I normally pull Teen Titans, but I can't stand this Joker stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I bought Batman Inc and Flash, and voted for Batman Inc.

The second half of Flash was breathtaking but the first half was really dull visually, just weak art there and the story didn't really advance enough. Batman Inc was pretty darn good the whole way through so that gets my vote.

I will probably end up buying Superman at some point down the line, but I'm not really digging H'El on Earth and ran out of iTunes money, so I passed on that for this week. I've been catching up with Red Hood and the Outlaws and am more likely to get my Lobdell & Rocafort fix there for a while.
    You should get the latest issue. There's no H'El, just Superman and Lex, and it's done really well.
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 01-03-2013 at 11:49 AM.

JLD - I vamp - Talon in that order. the other ones i read was flash teen titans and red lanterns, and flash had amazing art. the rest were kind of crap.
    Batman, Batman/Superman, Saga, Thor: God of Thunder, X-men

BANNED

Arrow #13. We finally get to see what the Proto-Arrow was doing in China to warrant being sent to the island.

I, Vampire #15.

Definitely had doubts about Calero, but he totally came through! Fialkov's writing was top notch, as always.

I have not yet read all of my books yet, but I have to say ... I've been very disappointed with Batman Inc lately. Almost feels like Morrison is just going through the paces until this thing is over. Too bad, because this is one of the few things I've read of his that I really really enjoyed.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Justice League Dark was incredible. Janin's expressive art was eye popping, I loved Zatanna's look of pure joy over her amped up powers.

I was also knocked out by Batman Inc. In 3rd place I'd put I, Vampire, the story was a blast but the art does suffer with inconsistant anatomy and faces. Damn you DC for breaking up that dream team.
    PrettyDeadly/WonderWoman/FBP/Velvet/Revival/Lazarus/EastofWest/ManhattanProjects/Fatale/Alex+Ada/Rat Queens/Saga/Bandette/HighCrimes/Red Sonja/RachelRising/Ghost/Zero/Veil/Cap. Marvel/She Hulk/Magneto

Voted for Superman, the Lex portrayal in the issue was fantastic and Rocaforts art continues to amaze me. I probably would of voted Flash if Manapul drew the whole issue.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder