Status Quo Cowards Thanos Classic's Avatar

Default Cole Turner VS Dr. Strange

This is Dr. Strange after he lost the title of sorceror supreme. Basically, Ikm wondering if he'd still have enough juice to win. In scenario 2 in can have 1 week's worth of prep-time and Ironman...
    Batman should call Superman or Wonderwoman to put an end to Crime in Gotham Forever. It'd only take about 3 minutes...

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

I'm no expert on Cole, but I'm pretty sure by the time he lost the Sorceror Supreme mantle, Strange was way below the level he'd need to be to do this.

I don't know how powerful this version of Strange is, but he's going to need something besides brute force to take out Cole. He doesn't age and can do things like teleport out of dimensions and teleport into and out of time loops so a D-dump most likely won't work either.

With the prep he'd basically need to find a way to contain Cole in something that prevents him from teleporting. Childs play for normal Strange, not sure about this one.

I don't think Cole has shown he is immune to transmutation so there is another possible route to go. Mind screwing him is another way. Umm let me see..soul attacks should be another way to go.

EDIT: Ok so I mentioned transmutation, but Cole does seem to have a high resistance to molecular manipulation. Piper speeds up and slows down molecules and even demon Cole was flat out immune to the stopping power. Don't think that would help against a spell that just flat out turns you into something else though.

How is the durability and reaction time of this version of Strange? Uber Cole can slow down time and did so at such speeds that bullets were fired, but he slowed time down after they'd been fired. So he could potentially react quicker, slow time, then vape Strange with an energy ball.
    Last edited by Surtur; 01-04-2013 at 11:28 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I can't really see transmutation being a particularly effective move against a guy who can keep going after being turned into ashes and who has transmutation powers of his own.

Also, Cole has an actual timestop, not just slowing down time. (Though he can do that too.)
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

This kind of seems to come down to "can Strange get the Bands out before Cole puts him down?"

Oh, and BTW, Strange is back to being Sorcerer Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    This kind of seems to come down to "can Strange get the Bands out before Cole puts him down?"
    The Crimson Bands don't prevent teleportation, as I recall.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The Crimson Bands don't prevent teleportation, as I recall.
    The have against Strange, haven't they? Dormie used them on him and he didn't teleport away...

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The have against Strange, haven't they? Dormie used them on him and he didn't teleport away...
    Did he specifically try to teleport and fail? If not it could of just been PIS and Strange forgetting his powers for the sake of the plot. I would think he'd need to, in the same way that a character tagging someone with super speed is only impressive if they were specifically using their speed at the time.

Plus barring any speed feats for Strange Coles going to win the quickdraw every time.
    Last edited by Surtur; 01-05-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.