Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Teasing on CBR's Robot 6 blog:

Yeah, see he was talking about his comic work and everyone knows what he's up to till January, so this is a further tease, presumebly his next arc after Reconstruction? Ongoing plotline that begins in Reconstruction? My guess is that Thor & Invisible Womana longside other scientists will get a more prominent role, hopefully we can see Falcon show off again, or heck with Humphries' love for female characters, why not bring Red Wasp? She is a scientist.

So thoughts? Alot of people have been frusfrating how "America America America" his storie sare so far, but now it's getting to infinity and beyond!

PS. Oh and worst case scenario is that Wolverine12 is briding Alex Alonso into getting a story that involves the Infinity Gauntlet and the resurrection of Wolverine thru a magical wish.
    Shh, nobody is supposed to know about my own personal One More Day.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I really wish that was the case and Humphries moved on. Ok he got the uncanny x-force job now go away. goodjob on getting that even though better writers have been aiming for that job and have actually proven themselves. But no let's just stick to writing the Ultimates as well because that sounds good on a resume. Seriously no one else has seen the sudden drop of quality between Hickman's 9 ultimate issues and Humphries 8 not counting 10,11,12? Just take a look. Just a year ago we were all having a fun and exciting time awaiting ultimates issues. Now we are excited about reconstruction(why are we excited about a storyline where Humphries fixes the mess he made? That doesn't make any sense.) and Thanos whose storyline I might add was complete and should be complete.
    As a fan who personally LOVED the Thanos storyline, and who has not enjoyed Humphries' run on Ultimates at all, I will be seriously put off if he somehow jams Thanos back into the Ultimate universe.

Thanos' storyline in the UU is complete, it's done, it's a completely circular story and it's perfect that way. I really don't want anyone to ruin that.

Also can I point out how unoriginal it feels to have hints of Thanos as a villain right after his reveal at the end of a certain movie? Really?

It's gotten to the point where Ultimates is the last comic I read from my monthly pile, when it used to be the first. (Oddly enough now Hickman's Avengers is first, it's amazing, and makes me sad he left Ultimates).

I'm closer to dropping Ultimates now than ever.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Dear God, this means that I have to look at Sue even longer doesn't it? Since when did she even become so close to the Ultimates anyway?
    Since Hickman's run.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I'm excited to see what Humphries will do with an Infinity Gauntlet, and the reasoning for 4 gems vs the standard 6.

I have a few questions that I can't answer myself due to being at work that maybe some of you fellas/ladies know off the top of your head.

1. Did Thanos die at the end of his story or was he just banished back to his home planet?

2. Thanos supposedly died and came back to life (and was more powerful each time) repeatedly so do we need to include him more when talking about how "dead means dead" isn't real in the UU?
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I have a few questions that I can't answer myself due to being at work that maybe some of you fellas/ladies know off the top of your head.

1. Did Thanos die at the end of his story or was he just banished back to his home planet?
    I don't remember if he died or not, but the story ended with him finding the cube 10,000 (I think) years in the past, after Reed threw it back in time. But in the "present," as it were, I don't think he died.

2. Thanos supposedly died and came back to life (and was more powerful each time) repeatedly so do we need to include him more when talking about how "dead means dead" isn't real in the UU?
    I put him with Thor... it's established in his backstory that he does this.

The more we talk about Thanos, the more I wish that Pasqual Ferry would come back and draw this arc of the Ultimates. Few things could make me happier.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

The combine power of the Soul and Reality Gem can bring people back from the dead right?

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I don't remember if he died or not, but the story ended with him finding the cube 10,000 (I think) years in the past, after Reed threw it back in time. But in the "present," as it were, I don't think he died.
    He died. Reed removed the Cubes "defense mechanism", so it could make even subconscious wishes and desires true. In Thanos' case, it was to be with death, a death-wish if you like. And that, I think, meant that he died without the means to return.

Of course it's a CBR thread, so that means that one mention of Thanos makes him already part of this story.

I would also love to see the day when somebody is required to have an actual proof, like a quote from the writer, to go along with "it's obvious that Humphries really doesn't care about the Ultimate line", or suffer the consequences. Sadly though I don't believe the world will turn for the better.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wisdom View Post
    He died. Reed removed the Cubes "defense mechanism", so it could make even subconscious wishes and desires true. In Thanos' case, it was to be with death, a death-wish if you like. And that, I think, meant that he died without the means to return.

Of course it's a CBR thread, so that means that one mention of Thanos makes him already part of this story.

I would also love to see the day when somebody is required to have an actual proof, like a quote from the writer, to go along with "it's obvious that Humphries really doesn't care about the Ultimate line", or suffer the consequences. Sadly though I don't believe the world will turn for the better.
    Oh come on. Who else has those weird glowing eyes and weird large teeth/smile.

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I'm not suggesting he's trying to write bad. Just saying it clearly seems like he has no intention on writing well.
    Its not intention, its style. His style of writing isn't suited for this type of book. Reading Humphries' Ultimates is like watching a horror film written by Mr Rogers. There's nothing wrong with Mr Rogers, but horror films aren't his thing.

As for the whole Infinity thing, I'm so glad they're doing an Infinity story, but at the same time, PLEASE have someone else write it. I've been looking forward to the eventual Ultimate Infinity storyline since I started reading Ultimate. I wonder if the Gauntlet will work differently in this universe. I mean, there's "dead means dead" and then there's this weapon that allows you to do anything like bring people back to life.
    Last edited by CaptainMarvell; 01-04-2013 at 10:53 AM.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Since Hickman's run.
    Exactly my point. Back when Tony went to her, it seemed like a matter of going to someone who had been in the superhero community so they wouldn't get turned in (plus Reed was the villain so it kinda made sense). Since then, she's been everywhere despite basically claiming to be tired of the super hero thing. Heck her little brother was found injured and staring on the streets and she hasn't bat an eyelash. She's never been close to the Ultimates yet now it's like she's been their best friend forever. Falcon I can understand. Carol Danvers I can understand. Sue Storm, not so much.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    Its not intention, its style. His style of writing isn't suited for this type of book. Reading Humphries' Ultimates is like watching a horror film written by Mr Rogers. There's nothing wrong with Mr Rogers, but horror films aren't his thing.
    It's his style? Style requires substance. But without nitpicking over eachother's choice of words, I think his "style" would be more suited for a Saturday morning cartoon or a children's book like Power Pack. But first he has to learn the characters. His current characterisation on The Ultimates has felt very wooden and one-note. You say it's a particular style. I call it bad writing.

:)
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 01-04-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Exactly my point. Back when Tony went to her, it seemed like a matter of going to someone who had been in the superhero community so they wouldn't get turned in (plus Reed was the villain so it kinda made sense). Since then, she's been everywhere despite basically claiming to be tired of the super hero thing. Heck her little brother was found injured and staring on the streets and she hasn't bat an eyelash. She's never been close to the Ultimates yet now it's like she's been their best friend forever. Falcon I can understand. Carol Danvers I can understand. Sue Storm, not so much.
    The world is in turmoil, i do agree it would make more sense if we saw her put her head together with Falcon, Stark and the Mutants and help the world to a better future, but i guess whats what she's doing now with Roger's mission?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    Marvel is really pulling a Loeb with Humphries. It's obvious to everyone that he needs to go but they're.still.letting.him.write. Now we know he's pretty much locked in until the summer. Perhaps even past that.

Like Loeb, it's obvious that Humphries really doesn't care about the Ultimate line, and is just using it as a stepping stone for further work.
    That seems pretty harsh. I'm not really into what Humphries is doing, but that's more because I find it mediocre and kind of clunky. With Loeb, it was mind-boggling how something so awful and bizarre ever even saw print. I can at least understand what Humphries is trying to do, even if it isn't very good. With Loeb, my reaction was less "I'm bored by this" than it was "Are you out of your MIND?!"

Holy Book Overload Batman Earth2Invincible's Avatar

Damn it, guess Ultimates will be off my pull list for much longer. Humphries run on the title has been lackluster, dropped it after the second issue, and haven't heard good things since.
    Pull List:The good kind of books.