Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If one of the Robins became a Lantern, which Robin would it be?

And what ring would he/she (Steph fans <3) get?

This idea came to mind due to editorials desire to keep Tim a superhero while distancing himself from the Batman family a bit (the whole "wow Batman has had so many freaking robins" stigma.

Edit: Any batgirls are also included in this question
    Last edited by HXHAlex; 01-03-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

We've already seen that Steph is blue and Damian red. I'd say Tim would be green, Dick blue, and Jason Red.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    We've already seen that Steph is blue and Damian red.
    Was that in Brightest Day?

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Dick would be a blue lantern, IMO.
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 01-03-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: edit
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

No. The visions in Batgirl 24.

Sorry. I seem to have misinterpreted the thread. I thought the main question was which type of Lantern woud they be.

It it is who is the most like to become a lantern I'd go with Tim. His 'normal' shtick is long since past, otherwise it would be Dick. Steph would be at the bottom of that list with Jason.

Not a Robin, but I always liked the idea of the Pre-Flashpoint Barbara Gordon, getting a ring, and being Earth's Female Green Lantern. I mean, "willpower," yeah, I'd say old Oracle had that.

It would be a way to get her back in the field, without actually undoing her paralysis. Plus, a female (Earth) GL would have been nice.

It might have kind of removed her from the bat-universe, but like her role as Oracle, it would further connect her to the wider DCU.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

I'll edit the thread to include Batgirls since a lot of posts are bringing up Barbara

No. The visions in Batgirl 24.

Sorry. I seem to have misinterpreted the thread. I thought the main question was which type of Lantern woud they be.
    No you didn't misinterpret it. I was asking what Lantern they'd be if they were one, that was one of the questions, its all good

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Not a Robin, but I always liked the idea of the Pre-Flashpoint Barbara Gordon, getting a ring, and being Earth's Female Green Lantern. I mean, "willpower," yeah, I'd say old Oracle had that.

It would be a way to get her back in the field, without actually undoing her paralysis. Plus, a female (Earth) GL would have been nice.
    Why did I never think about the fact that there have been like 10 GLs from earth and not one of them that I know of has been a woman?

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Back in the late 80's there was an issue of Action Comics where Dick was considered by Hal's ring to replace Hal if he died.

Though an Indigo ring would fit him pretty well too.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-03-2013 at 11:54 AM.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    I'll edit the thread to include Batgirls since a lot of posts are bringing up Barbara
    Well speaking of current comics and the current reality of the New 52 version of Barbara Gordon the Dominoed Daredoll better known as Batgirl, her theme in her book is about having hope in her fellow man, in terms of redemption for crooks or faith in her common citizens. So New 52 Babs would be a Blue Lantern Batgirl.

FYI, since this thread is expanding to include other bat-members other than Robins there is an existing thread it could get merged with: http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ve-which-kinds
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 01-03-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Back in the late 80's there was an issue of Action Comics where Dick was considered by Hals ring to replace Hal if he died.

Though an Indigo ring would fit him pretty well too.
    I always liked that Dick/Hal mash-up from that Batman/Superman story

Why did I never think about the fact that there have been like 10 GLs from earth and not one of them that I know of has been a woman?
    Dunno, but now that you are thinking about it, it seems odd, right?

You'd think, even as a place holder, there would have been one. I'm no GL lore expert, but beyond Jade (which doesn't count), I can't think of any other female earth GL.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    [unrelated babble removed] her theme in her book is about having hope in her fellow man, in terms of redemption for crooks or faith in her common citizens. So New 52 Babs would be a Blue Lantern Batgirl.
    Probably, but I was talking about an old idea, I had. One that preceded the other lantern corps and Barbara returning to the Batgirl role.

Pre-Flashpoint, Pre-Corps War Barbara would have made a fine Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    FYI, since this thread is expanding to include other bat-members other than Robins there is an existing thread it could get merged with: http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ve-which-kinds
    Oh there's one on this already. I should have searched

Stephanie was seen as a Blue Lantern, but there is also her fondness for a certain shade of purple and she has plenty of will power, even returning from the dead and defying Batman's repeated orders to go home or give up. so green is possible too. Maybe she could have a ring like those old torches that came with interchangable filters.
    Last edited by Bluebow; 01-03-2013 at 12:15 PM.